ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > General > ZR-1 Net Registry Club News

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2012   #1
DDSLT5

Default And so it goes.

Hey guys,

I just got word from a reliable source that not only have any elections been called for this club (nor nominations), but the by-laws have been changed to eliminate the newsletter from the club.

Please let me know that this is in fact inaccurate, and the members of this fine club haven't allowed such a travesty to occur!

I'm not a member of the club, nor have I been since the membership elected to move in a new direction with the newsletter, bringing in a new editor. However, I do care about the club I helped to create with Dave Bright many moons ago.

I am very familiar with the rules of this club and what steps are to be taken to change the by-laws. Those rules are there to protect the membership from the elected representatives who might damage the club. In the end, it is up to the members to protect this club from tyranny both outside and from within.

Old 10-08-2012   #2
Kevin

Default Re: And so it goes.

under article 5 it seems editor is missing. Was this an oversight or has the news letter been done away with? I also see that term limits are now longer.
Old 10-08-2012   #3
Hammer

Angry Re: And so it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDSLT5 View Post
I am very familiar with the rules of this club and what steps are to be taken to change the by-laws. Those rules are there to protect the membership from the elected representatives who might damage the club. In the end, it is up to the members to protect this club from tyranny both outside and from within.
Sounds like they aren't working like they were intended. Below is the current requirement to amend the by-laws. I doubt if this has been followed, especially by people who can't put out a newsletter for over a year now.

SECTION 1: AMENDMENT TO THE CONSTITUTION AND BY-LAWS

Any member may propose an amendment to the constitution and by-laws at the annual meeting(1st reading). The amendment must be accompanied by a petition signed by at least ten percent of the club membership. The petition will be reviewed for validity by the Executive Committee at the next Executive Committee meeting. If validated, the proposal shall be published in the quarterly newsletter prior to the next business meeting or annual meeting(2nd reading). The proposal shall be published again in the quarterly newsletter and then read and voted on the ZR-1 Net Registry web site or annual meeting (3rd reading).

The powers to be need to produce the required petition they have recieved to allow the entire by-laws to be scrapped.

Other requirements could not have possibly been met as a newsletter was not published.

All of you existing members and especially you new people should be very concerned about this.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][I]2015 ZL1 [/I][I]Camaro #1121 BLACK/BLACK 6 SPD (540 RWHP)[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]
[I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1]1991 ZR-1 #458 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK 72[/COLOR]k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])
1991 ZR-1 #473 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK [/COLOR]37k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])[/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
Old 10-08-2012   #4
A26B

There is a thread, "Revision to the ZR-1 Net Registry Bylaws" under the Registry Members Only sub-forum. Member questions posted there will be answered to the best of our ability.
1994 ZR-1, Black/Black, Lingenfelter Aerobody, 416cu in, 3.91 gears, coil-over susp, Brembo brakes, etc.
2016 Black-Red, 3LT-Z51 Auto 8-speed.
Old 10-08-2012   #5
DaveK

As Jerry has stated the correct place for such discussion is in the members only section.

Thanks

Dave
1991 #1516 Black/Black

davidmkelly.com

"Speed is often confused with insight." - Johan Cruijff
Closed Thread