No, I don't care. 20 39.22%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2012   #11
vilant

Default Re: Newsletter poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Factor View Post
I think most publications future lies with being published online.

I would certainly not presume to tell them my view is more valid than theirs when it comes to things they enjoy.

I agree. And I wasn't. Just throwing my 2 cents out there, though it's probably not worth that much.
1990 Bright Red ZR-1 #2599
Old 08-12-2012   #12
vilant

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottfab View Post
Thank you for the reply. I recall having this same exchange with mom about 6yrs ago. And I certainly understand the difficulty in gathering the real numbers. However, as then I still feel an effort should go to this, perhaps a 3 or 4 question questionnaire that would happen at re-registration time? How can informed decisions happen otherwise? I think we all know as time goes by fewer and fewer will insist on paper only. It's just a matter of how quickly.

Imagine how simplifying the publishing of the KOTH would make things. Then the biggest difficulty would be satisfying all members and non members about some thing else.
Great Idea. Would solve problems.
1990 Bright Red ZR-1 #2599
Old 08-12-2012   #13
Z Factor

Smile Re: Newsletter poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilant View Post
I agree. And I wasn't. Just throwing my 2 cents out there, though it's probably not worth that much.
I hope I did not come across in a flippant way, as that was not my intent, nor did I think you felt that way either.
So there is nothing wrong with you expressing your thoughts and I would encourage you to continue to do so.

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.
Theodore Roosevelt - April 23, 1910
Old 08-12-2012   #14
gbrtng

Let's move this poll and discussion to the members only section. Please?
Old 08-12-2012   #15
efnfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbrtng View Post
Let's move this poll and discussion to the members only section. Please?
Why, I paid my dues, but don't belong to the "members only" section. Not sure why, not even sure what it is. But all this talk certainly has my attention.

I started a thread about our illustrious president and found it got quite heated. I stopped reading it because I was affraid I was going to start disliking people I came here to befriend. Seems like that is where this is going.-Steve
Old 08-12-2012   #16
gbrtng

If you paid, you should be able to access the members only section. Maybe an officer can help.
Old 08-12-2012   #17
efnfast

I kinda' like only coming to one forum, guess if I'm missing much there I should find out how to access it.
Old 08-12-2012   #18
jimmy b.

I like having a newsletter, for one not all of us have jobs where we can take our computers or have them at work for our use so having a printed one works for me. Second I'm a crane operator and I have to sit there for long periods of time just holding on to something while contractors work on it. So the newsletter comes in real handy for me.

A couple of years ago I paid for a subscription but never received a single copy that year, but I was so busy that year with my daughter and moving her from one college to another and it was my fault for not checking into it. Now I'm not
sure if I will pay for it again with hopes somebody will produce one, but I still am in favor of having one...jim
Old 08-13-2012   #19
Aurora40

Quote:
Originally Posted by efnfast View Post
I kinda' like only coming to one forum, guess if I'm missing much there I should find out how to access it.
There is only one forum. It's a section available to member's only. Sort of like how there is "ZR-1 General" and "ZR-1 Technical" and such. There's one that is "Registry Members Only" or something similar. It doesn't show up if you don't have access. They put stuff like financials, etc, there. Things that don't belong in public, along with some discussions of registry matters.
Former owner of #2517

[IMG]http://a.random-image.net/aurora40/vette.jpg[/img]
Old 08-13-2012   #20
scottfab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora40 View Post
There is only one forum. It's a section available to member's only. Sort of like how there is "ZR-1 General" and "ZR-1 Technical" and such. There's one that is "Registry Members Only" or something similar. It doesn't show up if you don't have access. They put stuff like financials, etc, there. Things that don't belong in public, along with some discussions of registry matters.
Just a point of clarification.
This does not read right. There is only one forum and the definition of what it is, is correct later in the paragraph but the first two sentences lead one to believe that, "There is only one forum. It's a section available to member's only."
For clarification, it is my understanding, there is only one ZR-1 Net Registry forum site but there are many "forums" under it. Some of these forums are "member only"

Vett owner since 1979._It's about the car and the people
Closed Thread