ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 07-13-2020   #1
WARP TEN

Default Important--I figured out how to rotate photos

As you have heard me complain about in the past, often when we upload photos to this website they appear here either sideways or upside down. Seems impossible to fix and no one has offered a solution. Well I was searching for answers about how to rotate photos on vBulletin websites and stumbled across a 2013 posting from, of all things, the Rocketry Forum. Yes, it seems to be Rocket Science after all. Here it is:

"Modern cameras actually detect which way is "up," and encode your pics to autorotate in some viewers. But the actual JPG is always landscape.

To alter it, save the file to your PC. Open in it Windows Paint, rotate it 90 degrees one way, then 90 degrees the other way so that it is back to vertical. Resave it, and the "correction" will be gone."

Now this seems to only be for Windows computers, and you have to download your pix to your computer to do it (which I normally do anyway), but I tried it and it works. I almost didn't post the thread about my grandkids because 3 of 4 of the pictures, which were right side up on my computer, appeared upside down or sideways when I uploaded them to this website. After I did the rotate back/forth then save with Paint, they uploaded just fine. For those who have had trouble with this like I have, try it and let us know if it also works for you. --Bob
2016 Long Beach Red Z06 #10281 "POPS Z"
1995 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN"--Haibeck 350/510 package, 4.10s, Hurst, Stock Exhaust with QTP Cutouts
--Sold but still running strong
1993 Quasar Blue #161 "HIL KING"
--Sold but still running strong, now with more than 120,000 miles
1967 Marlboro Maroon/Saddle Corvette Coupe 300 hp/4-spd
--Sold a long time ago
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #95
NCM Lifetime Member
Favorite Quote--Attributed to Mickey Thompson:
"Too Much Horsepower is Almost Enough"
WARP TEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020   #2
Erik

Default Re: Important--I figured out how to rotate photos

That sounds like a lot of work!
Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020   #3
WARP TEN

Default Re: Important--I figured out how to rotate photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik View Post
That sounds like a lot of work!
Actually not a lot of work; quite quick to solve this annoying problem. By my own preference I always upload pictures from my phone to my home computer where they are always available to email or upload to car forums. Most of the time I access forums via my desktop. Before I learned this little trick, I never knew what photos would look like when they got uploaded here. In any case, I rarely upload more than a couple of pix at a time so it is really not a big chore. Paint is a program standard on Windows computers, one of several that I use fairly regularly for picture editing. Now that I have discovered how to fix this problem, when I want to upload a couple of pictures I just go to each photo, right click on Open with Paint, rotate once to the right and once to the left, then save. Then they are OK to upload to any of the antique vBulletin forums. --Bob
2016 Long Beach Red Z06 #10281 "POPS Z"
1995 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN"--Haibeck 350/510 package, 4.10s, Hurst, Stock Exhaust with QTP Cutouts
--Sold but still running strong
1993 Quasar Blue #161 "HIL KING"
--Sold but still running strong, now with more than 120,000 miles
1967 Marlboro Maroon/Saddle Corvette Coupe 300 hp/4-spd
--Sold a long time ago
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #95
NCM Lifetime Member
Favorite Quote--Attributed to Mickey Thompson:
"Too Much Horsepower is Almost Enough"
WARP TEN is offline   Reply With Quote