ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 01-16-2014   #21
Vette Guy

Default Re: Heart of The Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by alnukem View Post
I think they should get an article on that DRM600 from Texas!
Noted! I've been thinking about focusing on each of the specialty cars in the upcoming issues.... DRMs / LPEs / Callaways / Gulstrands / Race cars. ...But I'm switching gears this week, and putting on my Membership hat. We're getting close, and shooting for end of month to have everything out to our members. I think that everyone will be impressed with the new membership badges and decals we have in store. If you attended Carlisle this year, you had a glimpse at the badges and lanyards.

I very much do appreciate all the good comments regarding this publication. Remember, what you've read was contributed by our membership. I really enjoyed working with a long list of folks who made this issue what it is:

- Ted Dempsey
- Daryll Fust
- Marc Haibeck
- Hib Halverson
- David Hetrick
- Gordon Killebrew
- Michael Sugioka
- Jim Van Dorn
- our new members
- your Board of Directors
- and our sponsors who continue to support us.

I look forward to working with many more members and writing many more stories. Paul has volunteered to partner with me on future issues, and we're still looking for additional Heart of the Beast staff. Issue 35 is already in work and I'm excited. We're definitely looking for more stories and tech articles!

This is great stuff!

Regards,
Mark
91 ZR-1 #2016
95 ZR-1 #21 DRM-600, LPE 385
Vette Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014   #22
alnukem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZZZZR1 View Post
I agree! What about a DRM 600 from Pittsburgh pa???

David
Well if you do.....I'll have to find a new home for the chickens!
alnukem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014   #23
taximan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette Guy View Post
Noted! I've been thinking about focusing on each of the specialty cars in the upcoming issues.... DRMs / LPEs / Callaways / Gulstrands / Race cars. ...But I'm switching gears this week, and putting on my Membership hat. We're getting close, and shooting for end of month to have everything out to our members. I think that everyone will be impressed with the new membership badges and decals we have in store. If you attended Carlisle this year, you had a glimpse at the badges and lanyards.

I very much do appreciate all the good comments regarding this publication. Remember, what you've read was contributed by our membership. I really enjoyed working with a long list of folks who made this issue what it is:

- Ted Dempsey
- Daryll Fust
- Marc Haibeck
- Hib Halverson
- David Hetrick
- Gordon Killebrew
- Michael Sugioka
- Jim Van Dorn
- our new members
- your Board of Directors
- and our sponsors who continue to support us.

I look forward to working with many more members and writing many more stories. Paul has volunteered to partner with me on future issues, and we're still looking for additional Heart of the Beast staff. Issue 35 is already in work and I'm excited. We're definitely looking for more stories and tech articles!

This is great stuff!

Regards,
Mark

Mark, and group,

I am constantly blown away by the quality and content of "The Heart of the Beast". Thank you so much for your time and efforts. It makes a huge contribution to all of us.

Ron H
1995 "Last" Admiral Blue ZR1 #438
Member # 760
NCM Lifetime member #1005
NCRS # 23110

[I][B]Sting Rays Corvette Club of Florida
Gold Coast Corvettes Club[/B][/I]
taximan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014   #24
HAWAIIZR-1

Another toast to all those that made this HOTB issue happen. Definitely one of the best and I really enjoyed it.........could not stop reading late into the night despite being tired.

Mahalo and Aloha!
1995 #228 Black/Black with Dunn Heads
ZR-1 owner since September 2003
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #0074
NCM Lifetime Member #2048

HAWAIIZR-1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014   #25
WARP TEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette Guy View Post
Noted! I've been thinking about focusing on each of the specialty cars in the upcoming issues.... DRMs / LPEs / Callaways / Gulstrands / Race cars. ...Regards, Mark
Hi Mark--
I echo the comments of others: great issue. As to the specialty tuners, I think that the Haibecks should be included in this list. Marc has only done about 35-40 of his 350/500 or 510s and a number of 368s, 415s etc. The quality and durability is as superb as the power increases, and of course his extensive and continuous contributions to the ZR-1 community cannot be underestimated. Even though he doesn't do major body kits or much racing, I believe that Haibecks will one day be mentioned in the same breath with this group, and like others in this group, may one day be spoken of like Yenko, Motion and others who did this kind of modification on earlier cars. Of course, I am slightly biased....--Bob
2016 Long Beach Red Z06 #10281 "POPS Z"
1995 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN"--Haibeck 350/510 package, 4.10s, Hurst, Stock Exhaust with QTP Cutouts
--Sold but still running strong
1993 Quasar Blue #161 "HIL KING"
--Sold but still running strong, now with more than 120,000 miles
1967 Marlboro Maroon/Saddle Corvette Coupe 300 hp/4-spd
--Sold a long time ago
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #95
NCM Lifetime Member
Favorite Quote--Attributed to Mickey Thompson:
"Too Much Horsepower is Almost Enough"
WARP TEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014   #26
alnukem

Quote:
Originally Posted by WARP TEN View Post
Hi Mark--
I echo the comments of others: great issue. As to the specialty tuners, I think that the Haibecks should be included in this list. Marc has only done about 35-40 of his 350/500 or 510s and a number of 368s, 415s etc. The quality and durability is as superb as the power increases, and of course his extensive and continuous contributions to the ZR-1 community cannot be underestimated. Even though he doesn't do major body kits or much racing, I believe that Haibecks will one day be mentioned in the same breath with this group, and like others in this group, may one day be spoken of like Yenko, Motion and others who did this kind of modification on earlier cars. Of course, I am slightly biased....--Bob
this is a good point, Actually, I would have to I admire him a little more because it is his only business. I would probably guess that Doug Rippie would not do a ZR-1 today.
alnukem is offline   Reply With Quote