ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 02-25-2014   #181
Schrade

Default Re: Corvette Museum

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottfab View Post
I don't know. This crack seems to be getting bigger from my past observations.
... and I saw that crack too, but couldn't see it in any 'early' snappics...

Quote:
Originally Posted by efnfast View Post
Good thing they don't have shovels to lean on. Yet.

There's another $million$ there too - an extension from the shovel's handle that 'T's, into an armrest. The end of the shovel CAN'T be too comfy on the pit (or the fore-arm).

Might be a hard sell to the boss tho'....

In the meantime, they could have a small scaffold bridge with a couple guys suspended, with excavator's vacuums drawing off dirt, until they're ready to latch onto the cars.
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]
Schrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014   #182
efnfast

Hey Schrade, how did you get a picture of the guys outside? I thought the only webcam was inside the museum.
efnfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014   #183
efnfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottfab View Post
I don't know. This crack seems to be getting bigger from my past observations.
I think there is a beautiful 62' under there holding up that section of floor.
Old 02-25-2014   #184
scottfab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrade View Post
...snip...
There's another $million$ there too - an extension from the shovel's handle that 'T's, into an armrest. The end of the shovel CAN'T be too comfy on the pit (or the fore-arm).

Might be a hard sell to the boss tho'....

In the meantime, they could have a small scaffold bridge with a couple guys suspended, with excavator's vacuums drawing off dirt, until they're ready to latch onto the cars.
Hey, give them a break. I mastered the art of leaning on a shovel like that while I was working on the maintenance crew in college. It takes great skill to balance just enough weight on it to relieve the limp leg and yet not fall over. Blame for lingering is invariably the fault of management
There is probably no plan yet. Folks are gathered in a think tank (bar) hashing it over

Vett owner since 1979._It's about the car and the people
scottfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014   #185
efnfast

Some guy is shining his light in the hole.
I can't believe how little activity there is there. Must be engineers involved.
Old 02-25-2014   #186
ghlkal

Quote:
Originally Posted by efnfast View Post
I think a single donation from the registry would be better than a bunch of small donations from individuals. It would reflect nicely on the ZR-1 crowd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by taximan View Post
I guess the "head honchos" of the Registry have to approve, but I think it would be a great gesture, and show our colors as the ZR1 voice in the Corvette community.
Any thoughts on this from the directors?

I'm in for a donation when the time comes
1990 ZR-1 #2180 Red/Black
Many of the usual mods for 460HP, tuned by Marc Haibeck
ZR-1 Net Registry Member #1548
ghlkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014   #187
edram454

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog View Post
A C4 with an OEM LT5 is a ZR-1, a C6 with an OEM LS9 is a ZR1. Nit picky yes, but an important detail as I was "taught" when I 1st joined here.
Are you kidding?? I would be proud to own either one. The LS-9 has a couple of more hundred horses than the (ZR-1) but who's counting. I guess it should be pronounced (zr-dash-1) if we need to be so correct. So this is the zr-dash-1 net registry now. After looking at the cars I think I would take the (zr1) car instead since it is completely intact and not mess with the zr-dash-1 that is almost totally swallowed up by the sink hole.
edram454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014   #188
Z51JEFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by edram454 View Post
Are you kidding?? I would be proud to own either one. The LS-9 has a couple of more hundred horses than the (ZR-1) but who's counting. I guess it should be pronounced (zr-dash-1) if we need to be so correct. So this is the zr-dash-1 net registry now. After looking at the cars I think I would take the (zr1) car instead since it is completely intact and not mess with the zr-dash-1 that is almost totally swallowed up by the sink hole.
Not me,Id take the Spyder just like it is...................you can keep the dirt
Z51JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014   #189
Paul Workman

Location: Squires (near Ava MO in the Mark Twain N'tl Forest) - Missouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghlkal View Post
Any thoughts on this from the directors?

I'm in for a donation when the time comes
I think we're all pretty much in agreement to support the NCM in this time of need. As a matter of fact, the subject was informally discussed "out in the hallway", prior to a BOD meeting a day or so after it happened. And, I believe there may be a proposal along those lines in the Members Only section of the Forum in coming days/weeks.

And, since it is the members money, any member is welcome to open a discussion - perhaps in the Members Only section to discuss ideas. In the mean time, I believe the Corvette community at large is still waiting to hear exactly what we can do to best assist the NCM.

P.

90 #1202
"FBI" top end ported & relieved
Cam timing by "Pete the Greek"
Sans secondaries
Chip & dyno tuning by Haibeck Automotive
SW headers, X-pipe, MF muffs

Former Secretary, ZR-1 Net Registry
Paul Workman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014   #190
Z51JEFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Workman View Post
Members Only section of the Forum in coming days/weeks.

And, since it is the members money, any member is welcome to open a discussion - perhaps in the Members Only section to discuss ideas.
Why would this be posted in THE MEMBERS ONLY section?Seems to me this idea could use as much exposure as possible,meaning anybody could see it.You guys amaze the piss out of me,ya really do.Ill make my donation directly to the Museum.
Z51JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote