ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > General > Forum News

Old 12-11-2016   #41
Riviera

Default Re: ZR Registry- Broadening the Registry Universe

My concern about broadening the scope of the registry is how it might affect gatherings such as BG. Would there be a need to have ZR1 seminars in addition to the seminars specific to the C4 generation? That would be a lot to pack into basically 3 days. Would we lose C4 participants as they wouldn't want to "pay" for seminars that are not pertinent to their vehicle? I have no problem with other generation Z owners being members of the registry, however I would like the primary focus of the registry to remain C4 based. Don't know if that can be done.
Riviera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016   #42
WARP TEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riviera View Post
My concern about broadening the scope of the registry is how it might affect gatherings such as BG. Would there be a need to have ZR1 seminars in addition to the seminars specific to the C4 generation? That would be a lot to pack into basically 3 days. Would we lose C4 participants as they wouldn't want to "pay" for seminars that are not pertinent to their vehicle? I have no problem with other generation Z owners being members of the registry, however I would like the primary focus of the registry to remain C4 based. Don't know if that can be done.
FWIW, Marc Haibeck owns a C6 ZR1 and has done some mods to it so it is now about 740 HP. So he could probably give some seminars on that one too. But I also agree it would be too bad to loose the C4 focus of our registry. If the group and board decides to expand its horizons, it is a process that would have to be carefully managed to satisfy as many people as possible. --Bob
2016 Long Beach Red Z06 #10281 "POPS Z"
1995 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN"--Haibeck 350/510 package, 4.10s, Hurst, Stock Exhaust with QTP Cutouts
--Sold but still running strong
1993 Quasar Blue #161 "HIL KING"
--Sold but still running strong, now with more than 120,000 miles
1967 Marlboro Maroon/Saddle Corvette Coupe 300 hp/4-spd
--Sold a long time ago
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #95
NCM Lifetime Member
Favorite Quote--Attributed to Mickey Thompson:
"Too Much Horsepower is Almost Enough"
WARP TEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016   #43
XfireZ51

Quote:
Riv,

If you have attended The Gathering in the last 10 years, I believe that the seminars don't really attract the number of participants that came previously.
Speaking for myself, the primary draw of The Gathering is the camaraderie and some of the events. It's great to meet and connect w long distance friends and owners. The FBI has participated for the last 6 years in the Corvette Challenge where we enjoy great interaction w other Corvette owners. And it makes it so much sweeter when our group "kicks ***" at the drags there.
1984 Corvette Z-51/4+3 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Aqua/Gray #474 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Black Rose/Cognac #458
2014 Honda VFR Interceptor DX
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016   #44
Riviera

I have been to the Gathering twice. 2014 prior to purchasing our Z and 2016 with our Z. On those two occasions all the seminars were very well attended, at least from my observation. The events are excellent. For me to go to BG it is a two day drive, so I want "the complete package", good seminars and good events. My two experiences to date have been excellent. I feel the executive do an amazing job organizing bòth BG and Carlisle.
Riviera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016   #45
Ami Workman

Quote:
I have been to the Gathering twice. 2014 prior to purchasing our Z and 2016 with our Z. On those two occasions all the seminars were very well attended, at least from my observation. The events are excellent. For me to go to BG it is a two day drive, so I want "the complete package", good seminars and good events. My two experiences to date have been excellent. I feel the executive do an amazing job organizing bòth BG and Carlisle.
Wait until you get to the Mountain Run we gather for...now THAT is a whole lotta fun!!!! Wahooing through the mountains and meeting with lots of other enthusiasts...you couldn't ask for a nicer, most fun ppl!!!
Ami Workman is offline   Reply With Quote