ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > General > ZR-1 Net Registry Club News

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2010   #21
Hammer

Talking Re: Why is there no two-way Registry communication medium?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynomite View Post
Hi

Are you ready for BG
Have fun on that trip
Yep, all ready. Had to change by speedoo gears back to 3:45's ysterday, kid didn't get them done. Shaked it down today, rockin' cept my *&^^%*^(* secondary check valve isn't holding. Got a wrap with a check valve (outside the plenum) on it that works for now. I think the canister under the plenum is dirty and that's what's causing the CV to quit working. Thanks to Dwight for that tip.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][I]2015 ZL1 [/I][I]Camaro #1121 BLACK/BLACK 6 SPD (540 RWHP)[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]
[I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1]1991 ZR-1 #458 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK 72[/COLOR]k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])
1991 ZR-1 #473 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK [/COLOR]37k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])[/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
Old 05-21-2010   #22
Aurora40

Default Re: Why is there no two-way Registry communication medium?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zr1mom View Post
Sorry but I tried it and it didn't work out, we lost 6 to 8 members in the first couple of days because many members don't want to see that kind of traffic going back and fourth. We tried it just didn't work.

Thanks,
While it seems unsuccessful to just ask people to keep their peanut gallery crap out of the official listserv, it is possible to moderate a listserv similar to how a forum is moderated. Mails sent are not sent to the group until a moderator approves them.

It seems unfortunate that there is no official communication medium simply because a few members want to spam the group with how long they've been around, or how their dog is doing.
Former owner of #2517

[IMG]http://a.random-image.net/aurora40/vette.jpg[/img]
Old 05-21-2010   #23
Rex Ruby

Easy answer, this forum should be for members only.

'93 Ruby Coupe ZF6 - Muffler eliminators, Blink Blink kit and Polished ZR1 Wheels
* PA Plate: OBSSSN

'06 LeMans Blue C6 Coupe - Corsa exhaust
* PA Plate: OBSSSV

ZR1 Net Registry Founding Member #153
40th Anniversary Registry Member
NCM Family Membership #8116
Corvette Forum NE Events Coordinator
Delco Cruisers Board of Directors
SAVE THE WAVE!
Old 05-22-2010   #24
zr1mom

Or if someone has a question just email me. zr1net@zr1.net
NCM Lifetime Member
Old 05-23-2010   #25
DaveK

I would also like to know the answers to the questions posted by Rex Ruby the day before yesterday. This post has been subsequently deleted, obviously this issue is ruffling some feathers, but I still believe that the members deserve to know the answers to what is going on.

Secrecy, deleted posts, trying to brush things under the carpet? These never turn out to be good things in the long run.
1991 #1516 Black/Black

davidmkelly.com

"Speed is often confused with insight." - Johan Cruijff
Old 05-23-2010   #26
Z Factor

Lightbulb Re: Why is there no two-way Registry communication medium?

I would suggest everyone take Dave up on his offer in post #24 either via email or PM, rather than continuing to make these type of public posts. There is nothing to hide, but there is also nothing to be gained airing dirty laundry in public.

Old 05-23-2010   #27
Hammer

Talking Re: Why is there no two-way Registry communication medium?

Jeff has returned all records and the money has been repaid. There really is nothing left. The board will vote on whether Jeff stays a member (if he wants to) soon.

Just thought you all might want to know this. I won't be posting anymore, but as Z Factor mentioned, feel free to email Dave or Ron with any questions. Dave answered me very quickly.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][I]2015 ZL1 [/I][I]Camaro #1121 BLACK/BLACK 6 SPD (540 RWHP)[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]
[I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1]1991 ZR-1 #458 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK 72[/COLOR]k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])
1991 ZR-1 #473 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK [/COLOR]37k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])[/SIZE][/FONT][/I]

Last edited by Hammer; 05-23-2010 at 08:56 PM.
Old 05-23-2010   #28
Aurora40

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveK View Post
Secrecy, deleted posts, trying to brush things under the carpet? These never turn out to be good things in the long run.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Factor View Post
I would suggest everyone take Dave up on his offer in post #24 either via email or PM, rather than continuing to make these type of public posts. There is nothing to hide, but there is also nothing to be gained airing dirty laundry in public.

That is great that Dave is responsive and helpful via email. However, is this the explanation for deleting posts and secrecy?

I'll simply mention again, that it seems clear people want to discuss registry business. There is currently no way to do this without airing it publicly... Thus, that is what happens.
Former owner of #2517

[IMG]http://a.random-image.net/aurora40/vette.jpg[/img]
Old 05-23-2010   #29
Huntingbigun

I am a new guy but it is pretty simple to have a private section on the forum for members only.

we have them on Southern Airboat and have 7500 members so we have a lot more drama than here. Average 120 people online at any given day. We call it the board for site supporters only.
I also have a members only on my airboat club site, I for one am glad they shut down the email thing I do not need to know when your dog pissed on your tires . GO to facebook and have at it.

Maybe a question to ask do you want the site to grow and help promote the ZR-1 and help new owners & potential new buyers to see the value of these cars or be a private club. Seems that the simple thing is to have a board section and you can carry on all you want and the public can not see it. That way you can have both, this site has been a big help to me for sure Thanks

1990 ZR-1 #618 Black/Gray (sold)
NCRS, ZR-1 & NCM member
Old 05-24-2010   #30
z proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveK View Post
I would also like to know the answers to the questions posted by Rex Ruby the day before yesterday. This post has been subsequently deleted, obviously this issue is ruffling some feathers, but I still believe that the members deserve to know the answers to what is going on.

Agreed!
Closed Thread