ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > General > ZR-1 Net Registry Club News

Old 05-23-2008   #11
rkreigh

Default Re: Quarterly Publication

we are a bit behind schedule, but we DO manage to get 4 newsletters out per year, at a very affordable price considering what you get.

unless you sign up for the hard copy, it's not mailed, you just view it online.

now that BG is behind, we'll get cranking to get the next one out which should have been april as you point out.

please DO submit your ZR-1 stories. the newsletter is only as good as those that write for it. I've done my best to keep it interesting and supply plenty of ZR-1 material, please lend a hand.

we'll do our best to keep this on schedule as I totally understand that not getting what you sign up for is never acceptable.

no one pays to be treated badly. we aims to please!
rkreigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008   #12
95ZR1

Thanks for the response, Ron. Both of us have been around for a long time, and we remember what it was like when the previous registries started falling behind on commitments to the members. I don't mean to be a PITA but I don't want to see all that happen again. We both know that the quarterly publication is not late because someone didn't send in an article. Most of us should do more to submit material, but that is not the reason an issue is late. At the very least we should expect more from those with the Director titles. It doesn't have to be 40 pages every quarter, but it should be on time.
ZR1.Net Founding Member #088
C4: '95 ZR1 #357, black/black, B&B Tri-Flo w/ X-pipe
C6: '07 convertible, Atomic Orange, LS2, 3LT, A6, Z51
Sea Six: '01 Chaparral Sunesta, 5.7L EFI Mercruiser
95ZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008   #13
Jeffvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95ZR1
Thanks for the response, Ron. Both of us have been around for a long time, and we remember what it was like when the previous registries started falling behind on commitments to the members. I don't mean to be a PITA but I don't want to see all that happen again. We both know that the quarterly publication is not late because someone didn't send in an article. Most of us should do more to submit material, but that is not the reason an issue is late. At the very least we should expect more from those with the Director titles. It doesn't have to be 40 pages every quarter, but it should be on time.
So Carl, when was the last time you submitted an article?

The current registry is nothing like what Larry ran, or what Clint took and ran into the ground. This is a living breathing entity that is run by it's members. Not just one or two individuals.

Content is one of the big things for putting together a nice issue. You can only reprint the stuff from the old newsletters so many times.
Old 06-01-2008   #14
95ZR1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffvette

The current registry is nothing like what Larry ran, or what Clint took and ran into the ground. This is a living breathing entity that is run by it's members. Not just one or two individuals.
It's not that different from my perspective. Many of the same "Directors" with the same titles and functions, most doing exactly what they did, or didn't do, all along.
ZR1.Net Founding Member #088
C4: '95 ZR1 #357, black/black, B&B Tri-Flo w/ X-pipe
C6: '07 convertible, Atomic Orange, LS2, 3LT, A6, Z51
Sea Six: '01 Chaparral Sunesta, 5.7L EFI Mercruiser
Old 06-09-2008   #15
rkreigh

Well having "been around" and member of all but the original ZR-1 Net Registry I disagree.

so here's an example of how we differ

we're putting our money where our mouth is.

for ANYONE (other than board members) who submits an article that is accpeted by the editor, you get either your choice of a free T shirt or Hat. Article can be anything of interest. but no copies of existing stuff please, and please don't waste time on jokes, this is a serious offer so please submit a serious article (although it can be funny, humour is encouraged!)

for the "best article" voted by the board for each newsletter (one per quarter) you get $50 CASH!!!

OK, now, get to writing!!! the club newsletter is only as good as the input, and you only get what you incent so hopefully this will encourage folks to get involved.

it's not too late to make the June Newsletter, but please be prompt. if you miss the cut off for june, don't worry, we'll still award the credits for the next issue so you can't lose.

the ZR-1 Net Registry is a formal corporation NOT run by one person, so no, this time it's different and might I add better. never before did the club give back to the members and offer as much for as little. so I am not being to biased as I think most would agree.

thanks for the feedback, please let me know if you have any questions.

please submit your articles!
rkreigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008   #16
Hammer

Talking Re: Quarterly Publication

Ron,

I have submitted an article that was broken into two. This was the windshield replacement article. Never heard about a t-shirt or hat. Don't tell me, it didn't start until after I submitted mine right? Well I didn't submit the article for a reward, but maybe it will help others to submit.

OK Here goes, below are other items that I feel need to be adressed:
  1. The financial page has not been updated since 3/03/2006 and the Bylaws state that it will be updated quarterly on the website and in the Newsletter. I have been here over two years now and have not seen an update. According to an email I recieved from Dan, there was almost twice the amount of money in the pot as that statement shows.
  2. I understand the Treasurer has been replaced. Nothing was posted in this Forum or the Webpage soliciting a new treasurer or keeping us updated on the appointment.
  3. There was to have been a "Regular yearly business meeting" at the Gathering, according to the Bylaws. Did this take place? What was talked about (agenda)? What was decided? It would be nice to see some posted minutes of this meeting if it was held.
  4. I think the Club Bylaws should be available on the General Website to all those frequenting the Net Registry, not just the members. At least everyone will know the who, what, when, where and why of the ZR-1 Net Registry.
  5. I think the Registry Board of Directors should be reimbursed for attending any required function. At present the only required function I can think of is the Annual gathering.
That's it for now.

Regards,
John
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][I]2015 ZL1 [/I][I]Camaro #1121 BLACK/BLACK 6 SPD (540 RWHP)[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]
[I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1]1991 ZR-1 #458 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK 72[/COLOR]k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])
1991 ZR-1 #473 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK [/COLOR]37k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])[/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008   #17
95ZR1

Sounds like this stuff is being made up as we go along. It also sounds like there are a lot of things not being attended to. Tell me again what's so different compared to the last time???? OK, there haven't been any upside-down LT5 photos printed. Don't tell me the difference is about article bonuses, because there are other things that need attention, too. Find out who's running the ship, I think I see an iceburg.
Old 06-10-2008   #18
ZR1FUN

One of the best things about the registry is the ability to voice your opinion and not get banned. This is great and I hope we all can appreciate this privilege.

Doug
ZR1FUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008   #19
Hammer

Talking Re: Quarterly Publication

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZR1FUN
One of the best things about the registry is the ability to voice your opinion and not get banned. This is great and I hope we all can appreciate this privilege.

Doug
Doug,

You're absolutely right about that. I certainly appreciate it. A little more activity on this site by the Board would be very nice.

See ya in Battleground.

John
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][I]2015 ZL1 [/I][I]Camaro #1121 BLACK/BLACK 6 SPD (540 RWHP)[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]
[I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1]1991 ZR-1 #458 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK 72[/COLOR]k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])
1991 ZR-1 #473 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK [/COLOR]37k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])[/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008   #20
zr1mom

Hi John,

Even though I'm not running the club anymore or on the board I'll pass along my feelings since I was the one who originally set this club up.

This forum is open to the public. I don't feel items like the bylaws, finanical reports or club business should be made public.

I do feel this info should be made available to the "Registry Members" either on the Registery Member Only potion of the web site or using the clubs email.

Thanks,
Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer
Ron,

I have submitted an article that was broken into two. This was the windshield replacement article. Never heard about a t-shirt or hat. Don't tell me, it didn't start until after I submitted mine right? Well I didn't submit the article for a reward, but maybe it will help others to submit.

OK Here goes, below are other items that I feel need to be adressed:
  1. The financial page has not been updated since 3/03/2006 and the Bylaws state that it will be updated quarterly on the website and in the Newsletter. I have been here over two years now and have not seen an update. According to an email I recieved from Dan, there was almost twice the amount of money in the pot as that statement shows.
  2. I understand the Treasurer has been replaced. Nothing was posted in this Forum or the Webpage soliciting a new treasurer or keeping us updated on the appointment.
  3. There was to have been a "Regular yearly business meeting" at the Gathering, according to the Bylaws. Did this take place? What was talked about (agenda)? What was decided? It would be nice to see some posted minutes of this meeting if it was held.
  4. I think the Club Bylaws should be available on the General Website to all those frequenting the Net Registry, not just the members. At least everyone will know the who, what, when, where and why of the ZR-1 Net Registry.
  5. I think the Registry Board of Directors should be reimbursed for attending any required function. At present the only required function I can think of is the Annual gathering.
That's it for now.

Regards,
John
NCM Lifetime Member
zr1mom is offline   Reply With Quote