ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Racing > Professional Motor Sports

Old 06-15-2008   #11
Paul Workman

Location: Squires (near Ava MO in the Mark Twain N'tl Forest) - Missouri
Default Re: Speed coverage of LeMans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffvette
Forgot to address this. AM was in ALMS for Sebring and St Pete races. At St Pete, the AM came around a blind corner and had a choice of either creaming the car stalled in the middle of the track or putting it into the wall. The driver went for the wall. The results, the car was smashed. The car had to be sent back to Europe twice to get the repairs done. They were scheduled to be at Salt Lake, but the car still was not ready. Look for them to run the rest of the season.

As a side note running in GT1 is not cheap, well racing is not cheap in general. GM spends roughly a million on each car, and then each race costs 1-2 to run. THhat does not factor in going to France.
Yeah.....Now that you mention it, AM was in Sebring (I saw that race) and some ALMS. So, what were the mic jocks talking about - that particular AM Prodrive team/Turner was only entering the 24 LeMans?? They made a point about talking about "if you're only going to run one race a year, this is the one to run... . I forgot AM ran some ALMS races too. So...they must have been referring to that AM/Prodrive team, no?

P.
Paul Workman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008   #12
UKZR1

Default Re: The 24 hour LeMans!!

I go to Le Mans every year. Good race this year very close in all classes. Shame AM won though. I'd say it was won in the pits with AM double stints on tires.

Jeff, if you come over next year be sure to look me up.
Red/red 90 #1281 (UK)
Marc Haibeck 368
B&B, Brembos
DRM suspension
Known as 'Gixer' on corvettechat.co.uk
www.corvetteclips.co.uk
UKZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008   #13
Jeffvette

Thanks for the offer. It looks like 6 of us will be making the trip over. Fly into Paris, head to Le Mans and then after the race do some traveling over to swiss, Italy and maybe Monaco.
Old 07-01-2008   #14
UKZR1

Swiss corvette club usually have a massive Viper/Vette meet at Hockenheim a week or 2 after Le Mans. That didn't happen this year but if it returns next year its a great weekend (pics on my site)
Red/red 90 #1281 (UK)
Marc Haibeck 368
B&B, Brembos
DRM suspension
Known as 'Gixer' on corvettechat.co.uk
www.corvetteclips.co.uk
UKZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote