ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 03-27-2017   #11
DRM500RUBYZR-1

Default Re: 90' Z - Power lock feature

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadster View Post
Had issues with mine over a year ago, I replaced one of the actuators, problem solved.
Tom,
Helpful again as usual!

Marty
DRM500RUBYZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017   #12
Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM500RUBYZR-1 View Post
Tom,
Helpful again as usual!

Marty
I try Marty.... if I can contribute just a little tip or suggestion here or there along the way then I am happy if it helps someone. It's the least I can do for all of the help and knowledge I have received and learned from the forum...

Here is an image of the inner door wiring harness retainers (they may differ slightly) that you will find when you remove the door panel. As I mentioned before, it would be a good idea to have some extra's just in case.

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/i/111351...-1/s-l1000.jpg

The round bottom door panel retainers I think I found at the local Lowes in their auto hardware department. And they fit perfect.

And it would be a good idea to have some electrical tape to re-tape some of the harness as you will notice that some of the original tape has come undone...

1994 ZR-1 #009 "captured test fleet car"
1974 LS4 454 Vert
1982 L83 CFI...now a retired "dd"....Sold

WAZOO Member
Roadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017   #13
S.hafsmo

Appreciate it, Tom. I'll have to get that stuff from Corvette Central or ebay, as there aren't many useful auto hardware stores scattered around Norway.

Sent from my SM-T719 using ZR-1 Net Registry mobile app
Old 03-28-2017   #14
Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.hafsmo View Post
Appreciate it, Tom. I'll have to get that stuff from Corvette Central or ebay, as there aren't many useful auto hardware stores scattered around Norway.

No problem....don't know your first name, so I will call you "S"!!!
Ok S, here are some links for you to check out. The one from Classic Industries has the wire harness retainers IIRC that are also used inside our door panels. They are inexpensive here....not saying that you will need them or any other items being shown. But I always like to have some extras on hand as mentioned before.
The second link is from Corvette America, as it has a decent illustration of the door parts for the C4. Although I did not see any wire harness retainers in that pic...

http://www.classicindustries.com/pro...ts/153127.html

http://www.corvetteamerica.com/cf/di...ord%3A%20K1477

these are some of the extra items I have on hand...

This item is from Lowes, but it was not used for the door panel, as mentioned previously. Most likely used for the spoiler or some other trim attachment. Can't remember, should have marked it down...lol, but also good to have some extras....

Also while you are in there I was going to suggest that this would be a good time to check the window guides. They are listed in the Corvette America illustration, check out #43627 & 43628. But they are only listed for 93-96 C4's, so I would imagine that the earlier C4's did not have this window guide. Not sure on that....but either way, good luck!!!

1974 LS4 454 Vert

WAZOO Member

Last edited by Roadster; 03-28-2017 at 04:46 PM.
Old 03-28-2017   #15
S.hafsmo

I'll look through the parts you mention tomorrow. Thanks again mate, really appreciate your effort. It's always nice to have all the wear/tear parts in hand when working on these things, especially brittle plastic clips.

Are the window guides a typical point of failure/wear?

By the way, S = Steffen

Old 03-28-2017   #16
Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.hafsmo View Post
I'll look through the parts you mention tomorrow. Thanks again mate, really appreciate your effort. It's always nice to have all the wear/tear parts in hand when working on these things, especially brittle plastic clips.

Are the window guides a typical point of failure/wear?

By the way, S = Steffen

Steffen, glad to help out....yes the window guides can be a problem. My windows would sometimes hit the rear pillar when going in the up position. Found out from another thread here, that besides an adjustment that may be needed, it could be that the window guide (which is plastic) is cracked or just broke into pieces. That happened on my RS, which I replaced. I think my LS was still ok, but needed window adjustment. But again, I am not sure if 93's and earlier had the window guides as mentioned earlier. You will find out when your in there, or if someone else can answer that!!!

LS window guide...also you can notice the electrical tape that just was coming undone and hanging there due to age....I just cut off the "bad" pieces and re-taped as much of the harness as possible. Trying to remember, the tape may have been so old that I just unraveled it and did a complete re-tape of the harness.

1974 LS4 454 Vert

WAZOO Member

Last edited by Roadster; 03-28-2017 at 06:09 PM.