ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C6 ZR1 > Cleaning and Waxing

Old 02-12-2024   #1
andersen

Default Ceramic Coating?

My brother paid a fortune to have a ceramic coating applied to his C6. It appears to be better than wax. Any opinions? Is it better than periodic waxing? Can it be applied by an owner or is there some special technique?
'65 L79 Chevelle SS
'65 Fuely Corvette Coupe
'66 Corvette Roadster
'70 LS6 Chevelle SS454
'93 40th Anniversary ZR1
'12 Commemorative Edition ZR1
andersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024   #2
Will69camaro

Default Re: Ceramic Coating?

I just had my zr-1 done and it wasn?t crazy expensive. There is a huge differential in price and I?m sure products.

I think for majority of our cars that are used fair weather etc wax is probably sufficient. Ceramic coating dries as a extra hard layer and is great for protection from daily use and more ?careless? maintenance of a car (fast washes etc). My daily (f250) has ceramic on it that?s lasted about 2yr of daily driving outside parked use. It makes it easier to keep it clean. I applied it myself and it was a hell of a process. Took me a full weekend to do it, and the only reason I was comfortable doing it was the car was new and didn?t need paint correction work prior to application.

In short, I like ceramic for the maintenance aspect of it, but I?d think wax will be just as good for a car used like the typical zr-1/pleasure vehicle.
Will69camaro is offline   Reply With Quote