ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 04-18-2022   #21
tccrab

Default Re: VIN of the first ZR-1 sold to the pubic

I have read that the first 100 or so 1990 ZR-1's were hand assembled on the line and much more care was taken on them than the other 2949 or so 1990's.

Crabs
'90ZR1 #792
Honorary Pirate

[B]If it ain't FUN, you're doing something terribly WRONG.
[/B]
tccrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022   #22
mlipmd

OK, so I found out my '90 #545 was made in Nov '89 - just looked at the sticker in the DS doorjamb, top left of the sticker gives the month/year of manufacture. And since I was also given the original purchase bill of sale for my car when I got it, which was dated 11/15/89, that makes my car's build date somewhere in the first week or two of 11/89. That's close enough for me.
So, bmarcum, take a look at your door sticker.
mlipmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022   #23
mlipmd

I emailed the Corvette Museum with my VIN to try and get a copy of my build sheet and window sticker and got this reply -

"Thank you for reaching out. As of November 2021, we are no longer able to provide this information. However, you can purchase a copy of the vehicle invoice (documentation of the vehicle cost broken out by model and factory options) by visiting www.gmmediaarchive.com. Additionally, after looking into your VIN, our team can see two Product Safety Recalls titled "SAFETY BELT RETRACTORS-LEFT SIDE" & "SAFETY BELT RETRACTORS-RIGHT SIDE".

Given that these are a safety recalls, we'd like to assist you in having them addressed as soon as possible. To get started, please provide your full contact information, current mileage, and the name of your preferred Chevrolet dealership. We hope to speak with you soon."

Funny how they can't find those older 1990 documents but they know my car never had the seat belt retractors replaced under the safety recall and after 32 years they are offering me a free replacement. I don't know if I should do that or not, the car is probably older than most of the people who work in the service dept. and I just know they will screw this up. And if they have been working fine for 32 years, do they really have to be replaced now? What do you think?
Old 04-19-2022   #24
DRM500RUBYZR-1

Odd.
The Museum lists build sheets and window stickers available.

Did you actually attempt to order them online through their website?

https://www.corvettemuseum.org/learn...kers/#ordering

I ordered Stainless Steel and Glass Versions before Christmas to replace one of my aging ones and had no difficulty.

This is the first I have heard of them no longer doing it, so I am puzzled.

Anyone else have anything to report?
Thanks,

Marty
DRM500RUBYZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022   #25
viper107

i just ordered some and it took my credit card and told me 4 to 6 weeks for delivery,so il ley cha know
95 admiral blue z(sold)/ / 93 ruby z(sold) 91 steel blue z/95 aqua z haibeck 510, 91 callaway 415 areobody #5
viper107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022   #26
Mystic ZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlipmd View Post
I emailed the Corvette Museum with my VIN to try and get a copy of my build sheet and window sticker and got this reply -

"Thank you for reaching out. As of November 2021, we are no longer able to provide this information. However, you can purchase a copy of the vehicle invoice (documentation of the vehicle cost broken out by model and factory options) by visiting www.gmmediaarchive.com. Additionally, after looking into your VIN, our team can see two Product Safety Recalls titled "SAFETY BELT RETRACTORS-LEFT SIDE" & "SAFETY BELT RETRACTORS-RIGHT SIDE".

Given that these are a safety recalls, we'd like to assist you in having them addressed as soon as possible. To get started, please provide your full contact information, current mileage, and the name of your preferred Chevrolet dealership. We hope to speak with you soon."

Funny how they can't find those older 1990 documents but they know my car never had the seat belt retractors replaced under the safety recall and after 32 years they are offering me a free replacement. I don't know if I should do that or not, the car is probably older than most of the people who work in the service dept. and I just know they will screw this up. And if they have been working fine for 32 years, do they really have to be replaced now? What do you think?
I went thru the recall process with Chevrolet 5 or 6 years ago after one of mine seized up. I credit them for standing behind the recall, but, all they could come up with is black seat belts, my interior is red...
Thru a long search, I found a set of NOS red seatbelts in stock at a Chevy dealer in Missouri , the folks at Chevrolet said they could not be used for the recall because they weren't in their custody! Isn't on a shelf in a franchised Chevy dealer "in their custody"? I guess not? I passed and replaced the belts with used ones I bought from a Registry member. They work fine and the recall's still open.
Mystic ZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022   #27
mlipmd

Are they replacing the belts or the spring loaded retraction/locking mechanism? What's wrong with the belts? The nylon or whatever fabric it's made of degenerates?
I have a saddle interior with matching belts and do not want to change for black ones.
Why can't they just replace the retraction mechanism if that's the problem and use your old belts?
Old 04-19-2022   #28
PhillipsLT5

http://www.gmmediaarchive.com/
You can get Dealer Invoice here
PhillipsLT5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022   #29
ghlkal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian View Post
My 1990 red/red #20

That's pretty cool. Do you know its story?
1990 ZR-1 #2180 Red/Black
Many of the usual mods for 460HP, tuned by Marc Haibeck
ZR-1 Net Registry Member #1548
ghlkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022   #30
DRM500RUBYZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghlkal View Post
That's pretty cool. Do you know its story?
Number 20!

He is right!

VERY Cool!

Perhaps they "misplaced " one of the European Introduction cars during the drive. (Just Kidding)

Congrats on one of the earliest examples!

I sent a few to Germany, but none that early.

Marty
DRM500RUBYZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote