Default BAT ZR-1 Auction Getting Testy

This one is turning fun.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...vette-zr-1-34/

"All Corvettes are red. The rest are mistakes." - John Heinricy
Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021   #2
AndrewL

Default Re: BAT ZR-1 Auction Getting Testy

The comments section of BAT seems to attract the same type.of people who comment on YouTube videos.
AndrewL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021   #3
Prez1967

From the comments:

Jpreston123 (The Seller) This author's likes: 109
@racingjunkie. You must be fun at parties. Did I date your sister and we ended on bad terms Lol.

I appreciate you taking the time to fully police my sale ad with such vigor and obvious disdane. You have taken in interest in my car for sale and for that I am truly honored as you really seem to know your stuff.

My final question is what should I do it with this obvious pile of dangerous filth and crap.

1. Pull it from BAT so your not offended that someone made up their own mind and did not take your advice.

2. Sell it no reserve so nobody gets screwed.

3. Drop it on the bottom of the ocean with the decepticon transformers so no human shall have to endure the pain this car may cause them?

In all seriousness, thanks, it gents like you that help balance the car world and make it safer place for all.

Lol. I?m having fun here guys. I?m for free speech and want everyone to be happy. At the end of the day, junkie, in his own special way, is helping me make sure that the new owner is fully satisfied and usually that type of review cost a lot of money. I was able to get his full evaluation for free. We are all smarter now and for that, no BS. Thanks.

Jeremy

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
1994 #353 "Bluey"
Prez1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021   #4
32valvesftw

I recently sold my Z, I was going to put it up on BAT but decided against it as I don't care for the internet sniping, I find it exhausting. My car had 61K on it and I would have driven it anywhere, the guy who bought it drove straight home 1100 miles and got 25 mpg doing it, and it would pull a 12 second 1/4 mile on demand. But if my car was on BAT they would have nitpicked it more than I would have liked. And who the heck worries about a 30 year old seatbelt recall? They are not buying a 2010 accord.
32valvesftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021   #5
Vette73

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32valvesftw View Post
I recently sold my Z, I was going to put it up on BAT but decided against it as I don't care for the internet sniping, I find it exhausting. My car had 61K on it and I would have driven it anywhere, the guy who bought it drove straight home 1100 miles and got 25 mpg doing it, and it would pull a 12 second 1/4 mile on demand. But if my car was on BAT they would have nitpicked it more than I would have liked. And who the heck worries about a 30 year old seatbelt recall? They are not buying a 2010 accord.
I was thinking of BAT as well for my 91...I sold the car privately in march...From what info I gathered BAT is very picky about the cars they choose to go online.....I heard only about 40% of the cars they get can go to auction....I find that in a way hard to believe....Yet, every Z I see on here has very low miles....Mine had 57K and was over 500HP..
Vette73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021   #6
32valvesftw

I thought the same about what BAT will put up for auction, but I am not sure it's so much based on condition. It's tough to get a good view of the car in an online sale, it really needs to be driven and viewed in person. IMHO.
32valvesftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021   #7
bowtiguy

My 9800 mile NCRS 91? Z was accepted by both hemmings & BaT ( after I negotiated the reserve with them). In the end, I went with hemmings but sold the car to a friend locally.The car was as close to perfect as you could get but I didn?t want to deal w/ the keyboard appraisers. Most of the people commenting on that site aspire to be Mecum auction hosts and merely regurgitate comments from previous auctions.
bowtiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021   #8
Mystic ZR-1

Keyboard appraisers aka:Peanut Gallery

Experts: Ex = has been Spert = drip under pressure...
Mystic ZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021   #9
davidijaxson

Bidding is shooting up at the end of the auction. Seller threw in free enclose shipping anywhere in the contiguous US.
davidijaxson is offline   Reply With Quote