ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 04-01-2014   #21
QB93Z

Default Re: ZR-1 Road Trip 2014 - California or Bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDCYLON View Post
When will you reach "M" ? If you can swing it add Antelope Canyon to your trek in AZ and of course 4 Corners
We will be in Mesa on April 15th and 16th. Antelope Canyon and Four Corners are on the schedule. Thanks.

Jim
QB93Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014   #22
QB93Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racinfan83 View Post
Looks like a cool trip!
I live 4 miles south of the 220 mm on I-70, West of St Louis. Depending on the day/time you come through we might have to meet at a gas stop or something. Let me know when you get closer to that time and I will give Ya my #...
For sure, maybe for lunch, at least we should get a photo op depending on the time of day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynomite View Post
I already have this linked in Solutions Post #7 (LAST BUT NOT LEAST)
Would be interested for this trip:
How many miles on your Yellow Z starting out?
What tools did you take along?
Any other special preparations?

Thanks Jim.....have a great trip.

Oh....I seem to recall you changed engine oil/filter during the Alaskan Trip but am not sure.....Same on this trip?.....and what oil (Mobile-1)?

138,181 miles at departure. Plan on an oil change in San Diego when we are at North Island Naval Air Station and I can use the Auto Hobby Shop. I use Mobil 1 High Mileage.

I installed (hard-wired) spare 12 VDC outlets and a 120 VAC inverter under the passenger seat to always have power to maintain our Digital Lifestyle (21st Century lingo).

I brought enough tools to do a plenum pull and I am carrying a spare alternator. Any repairs beyond that will require support of a garage and over-night shipping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WARP TEN View Post
Why not tweak your return plan and come up I-80 through the Chicago area? Or get to St. Louis and come up I-55. I am sure the FBI could put together a great party! Remember Marc's BBQ is April 27. It sounds like the timing would be just about right given your planned 29 day trip. --Bob
Bob, That is a good suggestion. I have always had a good time with the FBI at Marc's BBQ. Unfortunately, on the 27th, we will be leaving Colorado. I will definitely keep Chicago in mind if I have to alter the schedule.

Jim
Old 04-01-2014   #23
PhillipsLT5

I , how about hiway 550, ouray to silverton or tellluride in 4 corner area
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KGIFb-hJDA
http://www.roadtripamerica.com/places/million.htm
http://www.telluride-co.gov/
PhillipsLT5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014   #24
Corvettes White

If you need anything out here in California, let me know. (Live by Disneyland.). Enjoy the trip. George.
Corvettes White is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014   #25
QB93Z

Hello from Fort Smith, Arkansas. We spent the day on I-40 heading west.

We stopped near Memphis and got some BBQ. If you are in the area, Reggi's BBQ was great:

I-40 from the Mississippi River to west of Little Rock was a mess. There were two extensive construction areas and then rush hour traffic around Little Rock and a fender bender to snarl traffic there. We also had some rain today, so not much sight seeing.

Thanks George for the offer. When we are in LA I hope we can meet you and take some pictures. We will be in LA on the 19th and 20th.

Mike, Thanks for the heads up about the sand storms in SOCAL.

Jim
Old 04-02-2014   #26
QB93Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillipsLT5 View Post
Thanks for the recommendation and the links. That is a great video. We will be going from Montrose, CO to Durango. It depends on the weather which route we take.

Jim
Old 04-02-2014   #27
PhillipsLT5

the video shows the beauty of 550
I lived in Telluride for 5 years, it is 1 road into a box canyon that dead ends at the mine/Bridal Veil falls, 8700 feet surrounded on 3 sides with 13/14K mountains
SW Colo is beautiful
My friend has done avalanche control for 550 for the last 20 years, throwing bombs out of a high altitude helicopter, don't worry about the Z, they close the road
PhillipsLT5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014   #28
WB9MCW

Always great to follow you on these epic trips.
"The Budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome will become bankrupt. People must again learn to work instead of living on public assistance." - Cicero, 55 BC
" We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln
WB9MCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014   #29
ZRXMAX

While your here... If your wanting to do a West Coast ( Irvine, CA ) Cars and Coffee we could meet up and have a good excuse to get our ZR-1s out for a little fun! This could be an opportunity for the ZR-1 net members to welcome you along your journey! Its early... 6am to 8 am is prime time, however... its good till 10 or 11 am when I have been there.

http://www.mapquest.com/?le=t&q=7905...C+CA+92618&vs=
91 ZR-1 #661 Watsons, 3" exhaust, Borlas... Hurst, 4.11s, Samco, RD radiator, gel coated motor... turquise / black
ZRXMAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014   #30
QB93Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRXMAX View Post
While your here... If your wanting to do a West Coast ( Irvine, CA ) Cars and Coffee we could meet up and have a good excuse to get our ZR-1s out for a little fun! This could be an opportunity for the ZR-1 net members to welcome you along your journey! Its early... 6am to 8 am is prime time, however... its good till 10 or 11 am when I have been there.

http://www.mapquest.com/?le=t&q=7905...C+CA+92618&vs=
What day is the Cars and Coffee?

Jim