ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1s and ZR-1 Parts For Sale/Wanted

Old 03-25-2021   #1
Atari_Prime

Default WTB: 91'-95'

The search for the right car continues...with expanded options.

Ideal ZR-1 Years:
1991 to 1995

Colors Combos:

Yellow w/ Gray, White
Bright Aqua Metallic w/ Black, Gray, or White
Quasar Blue Metallic w/ Black, Gray, or White
Dark Purple Metallic w/ Black or White
Polo Green Metallic w/ Saddle
Polo Green II Metallic w/ Saddle or White
Black w/ Gray, Red, or Saddle

Mileage:
Under 50k

Mods:
None or limited to filter and exhaust. Replaced windshield with 'regular' glass acceptable as well. Must have original wheels available.

If have or can assist with finding, please message.

Thx

Last edited by Atari_Prime; 03-28-2021 at 11:05 AM.
Atari_Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021   #2
pbzzz

Default Re: WTB: 91'-95'

I have 1990 Zr-1 for sale . Have owned car for 25 years . 166,xxx miles $18,000 . See Colorado Srings Craigslist . Black/Black
pbzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021   #3
Atari_Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbzzz View Post
I have 1990 Zr-1 for sale . Have owned car for 25 years . 166,xxx miles $18,000 . See Colorado Srings Craigslist . Black/Black
Umm...thanks?
Old 03-29-2021   #4
Vette73

Buy one modded !!!! 3,500 pounds at 375 horse is eh...
Vette73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021   #5
Young1

Check out the 1993 polo green saddle in the forum classified. Ain?t cheap but the best cars aren?t. I have done some maintenance on it and driven it some. Perfect operating car with proof of pedigree. The owner is a swell guy too.
1991 ZR-1 Quasar Blue Metallic/Black #729
Second Owner
1991 ZR-1 Dark Red Metallic/Black #2040
SOLD

1990 ZR-1 Dark Red Metallic/Saddle #1670
SOLD
Double your happiness.....complain half as much.
Young1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021   #6
Atari_Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette73 View Post
Buy one modded !!!! 3,500 pounds at 375 horse is eh...

While welcome, I'm not buying it for the horsepower. Nor should anyone else. Buy it for the amazing machine it is. There will always be a faster car on the block. Friends don't let friends mod cars.
Old 03-30-2021   #7
Atari_Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young1 View Post
Check out the 1993 polo green saddle in the forum classified. Ain?t cheap but the best cars aren?t. I have done some maintenance on it and driven it some. Perfect operating car with proof of pedigree. The owner is a swell guy too.

I've looked at that car actually. Very nice car. Unfortunately, it is also in Florida which puts it very far away from me and a hefty shipping bill on top o the premium price.

I am in talks with a guy locally who has a 94', same color combo, with 12k miles and is lower priced. I plan to go look at the car in person later this week. So far there is one 'red flag' that has me confused. The black frame that goes behind the license plate is missing. He didn't even realize that something goes in that spot. He doesn't know Vettes, has owned the car for 6 years and has only driven it about 200 miles in that time. He doesn't think it has ever been in an accident, but absent some kind of repair I'm lost on why anyone would remove the black license plate frame mount.

Is there anyone on the forum who can check the VIN or perhaps do we have any car history records I can search?
Old 03-30-2021   #8
DRM500RUBYZR-1

A red flag on a 12k mile car due to the license plate frame?
How many years has your search been now?

Marty
DRM500RUBYZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021   #9
Atari_Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM500RUBYZR-1 View Post
A red flag on a 12k mile car due to the license plate frame?
How many years has your search been now?

Marty

Well, a few to be honest...but mostly for lack of trying. About 5 years ago I decided I wanted one, but ended up getting a Viper. The Viper is great fun but a different animal, and not overly practical. I miss the Vette community though and want to get back in.

That said, I would tend to feel that any car missing parts is a red flag as it is indicative of either an accident or a repair, and if a repair, an incompetent mechanic.

I test drove a few ZR-1s, but didn't find the right one at that time. I now have permission to add a car in the garage so I want my ZR-1. Color is my biggest obstacle. I don't want red or white so that takes about 25% of the cars out there off the table. My favorite ZR-1 color is the Dark Purple Metallic, but of course that is only a one year color and...25...really?! Regular colors are great but I like contrasting colors so if black, the interior should ideally pop by being red, grey, white, or tan. If yellow, the grey or white would be ideal. The Quasar Blue would be my second favorite color, but that is still hard to find. One thing that works to my benefit, is that I prefer the 'saw blade' wheels, and those years are a little cheaper. But if I want the saw blades and the v2 engine then I am limited to 93'. So...great, back to a total of 448 cars to choose from and assuming most of those aren't for sale, that leaves maybe 10% available to buy so assuming I could gather all the options for sale, that might be 50 cars total to choose from, then take out the red and white, down to about 35ish, then take out the high mileage cars, down to about 20ish. Great fun shopping.

Last edited by Atari_Prime; 03-31-2021 at 01:52 PM.
Old 03-31-2021   #10
viper107

12,000 miles and nice condition sir, something is missing on the back,yes the plate frame,well sorry im gonna skip this one..lol you will find alot of these z cars are missing them,people sell the car, pull the plate with the plate inside the black holder and throw the plate in the garage
95 admiral blue z(sold)/ / 93 ruby z(sold) 91 steel blue z/95 aqua z haibeck 510, 91 callaway 415 areobody #5
viper107 is offline   Reply With Quote