ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Racing > Personal Racing Stories

Old 05-09-2009   #1
HAWAIIZR-1

Default Dodge Challenger SRT8 Hemi Kill Story

On the way back from a Cars and Coffee I was riding along side of this Black Challenger SRT8 and he decides to rev at me to impress his wife or girlfriend. I just ignored him at first then at the next light he decides to do a small jump and so I tap the throttle back with a jump, but there is cop in front of us. So as soon as the cop turns left off the highway I just open up a little to cruise along onto the freeway and the Challenger is no where to be seen so I'm just cruising home. Then in my rearview I see something coming up fast and I move to the side from the far left lane as he stays on the side. I have a car in front of me so I cut to the right lane to go around and he takes off. I downshifted to 3rd and immediately caught up to him and laid on it, by the time I shifted to 4th he was about 5 or more cars lengths behind me and he quit. I only got to 120 when I let off since he was so far behind. I guess he found out his muscle car is not that great. They have good power and torque, but I guess it is way too heavy.

Not that great of a kill story to be proud of, but my first since getting it back on the road last month. It was the first time I got to really open it up so I had to take advantage of the opportunity. The LT5 sure is music to your ears at wide open throttle. At least I found out that my smoking issue with the pcv system is resolved. It's a great day in paradise.

Last edited by HAWAIIZR-1; 05-10-2009 at 01:37 AM.
Old 05-09-2009   #2
Gunny

Default Re: Dodge Challenger SRT8 Hemi Kill Story

George
Founding Member #14
www.zrwon.com
Gunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009   #3
rhipsher

There heavy pigs.
rhipsher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009   #4
HAWAIIZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhipsher View Post
There heavy pigs.
Yeah, I guess I shouldn't have wasted my gas on this one.
Old 05-10-2009   #5
WB9MCW

Nice Kill Craig -- Soon they will be Fi-Par or Mo-At anyway. Viper is dead soon too!

==========================================

New Chrysler to be leaner, greener and with an Italian flourish

NEW YORK — Leaner, greener and with an Italian flourish - that's the "New Chrysler."

Or at least that's the plan. Chrysler LLC is counting on a reversal of fortunes through a quick bankruptcy and a combination with Italian automaker Fiat Group SpA. The result will be a drastically remade lineup in dealer showrooms.

Analysts say Chrysler's most valuable brands - Jeeps, minivans and perhaps pickups - will survive. Chrysler's plans call for it to also sell a handful of electric cars. Fiat will add a smattering of small fuel-efficient cars, like its peppy 500.

The rest of Chrysler's existing lineup will likely be history.
"The Budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome will become bankrupt. People must again learn to work instead of living on public assistance." - Cicero, 55 BC
" We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln
WB9MCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009   #6
Wild and Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWAIIZR-1 View Post
Yeah, I guess I shouldn't have wasted my gas on this one.

Oh, but what a glorious way to waste fuel. =D>
Wild and Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009   #7
HAWAIIZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WB9MCW View Post
Nice Kill Craig -- Soon they will be Fi-Par or Mo-At anyway. Viper is dead soon too!

==========================================

New Chrysler to be leaner, greener and with an Italian flourish

NEW YORK — Leaner, greener and with an Italian flourish - that's the "New Chrysler."

Or at least that's the plan. Chrysler LLC is counting on a reversal of fortunes through a quick bankruptcy and a combination with Italian automaker Fiat Group SpA. The result will be a drastically remade lineup in dealer showrooms.

Analysts say Chrysler's most valuable brands - Jeeps, minivans and perhaps pickups - will survive. Chrysler's plans call for it to also sell a handful of electric cars. Fiat will add a smattering of small fuel-efficient cars, like its peppy 500.

The rest of Chrysler's existing lineup will likely be history.
Bryan,

Good stuff. It's a good thing it was not one of the Vipers at the Cars and Coffee as I would have had to roll over and go into submission; it had two Nitrous tanks with dual stages. Thanks for your comments and information.
Old 05-10-2009   #8
HAWAIIZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild and Blue View Post
Oh, but what a glorious way to waste fuel. =D>
Yes indeed and hopefully next time it will something that will put up a "Challenge"; maybe one of these with dual superchargers and a 1000 HP.

Old 05-10-2009   #9
Hammer

Talking Re: Dodge Challenger SRT8 Hemi Kill Story

Nice one Craig.

Had an SRT8 at the drags last night. It ran 13.17 best. Not too bad, but I wonder what it would have done in a mile?? I ran a best of 13.3 but I was about 5 mph higher with no traction.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][I]2015 ZL1 [/I][I]Camaro #1121 BLACK/BLACK 6 SPD (540 RWHP)[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]
[I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1]1991 ZR-1 #458 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK 72[/COLOR]k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])
1991 ZR-1 #473 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK [/COLOR]37k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])[/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009   #10
HAWAIIZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
Nice one Craig.

Had an SRT8 at the drags last night. It ran 13.17 best. Not too bad, but I wonder what it would have done in a mile?? I ran a best of 13.3 but I was about 5 mph higher with no traction.
Thanks John. Yes, not bad for that heavy tank; that is pretty good. I wish we had a drag stip here and the fight continues in Hawaii. I can't even believe they closed our several years ago. I know what you mean about the lack of traction and I'm thinking about a set of drag radials on my stock wheels; especially once I put the 4:10s in. Rolling starts from 80 MPH make a big difference and maybe he would have taken me at the 1/4 too.