ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > General > ZR-1 Net Registry Club News

View Poll Results: Which Drag Racing Events would you prefer at BG 2007?
Drag Racing ALL DAY at Beech Bend on May 2nd (Wednesday) 3 15.79%
Drag Racing 1/2 DAY MORNING at Beech Bend on May 2nd (Wednesday) 0 0%
Drag Racing 1/2 DAY AFTERNOON at Beech Bend on May 2nd (Wednesday) 6 31.58%
Drag Racing 1:00-5:00 on May 4th (Test&Tune) with NMCA (Friday) 3 15.79%
Drag Racing ALL DAY on May 5th ALL DAY with NMCA (Saturday) 2 10.53%
I will not Drag Race my car but I will be attending BG 2007 6 31.58%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-29-2007   #1
guinnessdood

Lightbulb BG Gathering 2007 Drag Racing Poll

OK y'all we have some information on the drag racing that needs to be figured out. Please VOTE if you are planning to attend the Gathering this year. DO NOT VOTE if you are not attending (if you do...the poll will be useless).

Basically we have several options. I will lay them out for you. If you sign up for one of these events on the Net Registry website once we decide which option(s) we have chosen, your deposit will be NON-REFUNDABLE.

YOU MAY VOTE FOR MORE THAN ONE OPTION...

1.) Drag Racing on May 2nd, Wednesday all day (8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.) at Beech Bend - we would charge $40 for each driver but would have to guarantee at least 80 drivers signed up for this option. The track rental is $3500.00

2.) Drag Racing on May 2nd, Wednesday 1/2 day in the morning (8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.) at Beech Bend - we would charge $40 for each driver but would have to guarantee at least 40 drivers signed up for this option. The track rental is $2000.00

3.) Drag Racing on May 2nd, Wednesday 1/2 day in the afternoon (12:00 noon - 5:00 p.m.) at Beech Bend - we would charge $40 for each driver but would have to guarantee at least 40 drivers signed up for this option. The track rental is $2000.00

4.) Drag Racing on May 4th, Friday in conjunction with the NMCA Drag Racers' Test&Tune (1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.) at Beech Bend. Unsure of the cost for NMCA drags...probably not more than $50.

5.) Drag Racing on May 5th, Saturday in conjunction with the NMCA Drag Racers (9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.). Again unsure of the cost but probably not more than $50.

I will be attending BG this year sans ZR-1 however if someone wants let me drag race their car (yeah right)...I wil gladly pay my $40 or $50 See you there!

Uly
Past OWNER 90 ZR-1 #0120 Red/Saddle
UT Plate: EZR1DER

Last edited by guinnessdood; 01-30-2007 at 12:59 PM.
guinnessdood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007   #2
Belsy

Default Re: BG Gathering 2007 Drag Racing Poll

I plan on being there but will not drag race, so everyone enjoy!!
Anyone else going from Florida let me know , maybe hookup or meet along the way.

See you there.
Gene,

Last edited by Belsy; 01-30-2007 at 10:01 AM.
Belsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007   #3
GrayZ

ok....someone stole thursday.....
GrayZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007   #4
FU

I voted Drag Racing 1/2 DAY AFTERNOON at Beech Bend on May 2nd (Wednesday).
Maybe Thursday is unavailable. Or someone has it already rented out , which is very likely.

NCM Lifetime member # 982
Registry Founding # 237
FU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007   #5
guinnessdood

Quote:
Originally Posted by FU2
I voted Drag Racing 1/2 DAY AFTERNOON at Beech Bend on May 2nd (Wednesday).
Maybe Thursday is unavailable. Or someone has it already rented out , which is very likely.
NMCA has Thursday reserved as well...and it's their "set up day". There's no racing on that day.
Old 01-31-2007   #6
Jeffvette

The big question is which one wil give us the most track time.

I plan on driving Keiths car.
Old 01-31-2007   #7
GrayZ

Cool Re: BG Gathering 2007 Drag Racing Poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffvette
The big question is which one wil give us the most track time.

I plan on driving Keiths car.
LET THE BEGIN
GrayZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007   #8
guinnessdood

I would say that Wednesday would give us the most track time. No interference from anyone but us...
Old 01-31-2007   #9
rkreigh

so get out there and drum up your buddies to COME ON OUT.

friday also has some callaway stuff on the schedule, so it might hurt some participation and it steps on toes as we are trying to make this a ZR-1/Callaway/GS gathering for all the clubs to get the participation numbers up and also enjoy the other marques. Callaway cranked out alot of nice ZR-1s in the day so let's bury the hatchet. they are all cool corvettes and the unity doesn't hurt does it???

we are trying to get enough people to step up and rent the track so it's US with time to run, gun and have fun. this will take some help to get those that haven't done it to step up and give it a try.

extending this invite out to the callaway and GS might help us make our numbers. I'm in for Wed guys, but we need to come up with 2 large to pull it off.

that's quite a few folks coming down early and we need to bust a muv.

if you've never run the zr-1 at the digs. come out, it's a blast and alot of fun. the car is durable and with some coaching, you won't be in too much jeopardy. drive it like you stole it and NOT get busted, where else are you going to do that???

I also hope some folks will come "hang out" on Sat and watch the drags.

if you've never seen the big boys run you are in for a treat. these are low 7 high 6 second machines that go like nobody's biz. not exactly top fuel, but very exciting.

get em out there folks. Uly and the team has been busting hump to make this happen.

lets get some drags at the gathering. put up the $$$!!

we also talked about registry sponsoring some $$. I vote NO because it's using club money when many folks could care less about the digs.

if you guys disagree, we'll put it up for vote on the BOD (board of directors). but I'm sure not going to back a 2k expense so a few folks can run their cars. it's not fair to the club or in our best interests.

Like to hear some feedback there. I'm recommending we just try and go out there and get enough people to split the cost for an afternoon.

2k / 40 is actually 50 per head. but we could make a ton of runs in that timeframe. or if less people are willing to pay a bit more, we GO!!!

the more we get the lower the cost per head.

Uly.

let's email hutch and chris. I'll get that word out and copy this text. the only way to pull this off is to get the word out and get the participation numbers up. I've only seen about 20-30 folks step up to run in the years when we had the digs, so it's a big marketing job to hit 50 folks. we can do it!!

2007 at the Gathering. get the word out, please register, and consider this poll. I think it would really be a great time.

keep the rpms and the shiney side up.
rkreigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007   #10
Cdn ZR1 Mike

I will be attending but need to confirm if my car will be ready in time to race. If it is...I'll be racing.
1990 ZR1 Ported Intake, IH's and PC'd (JeffVette), 4:10's, SLP air intake, SW headers, X-pipe with flowmasters. Haibeck chip. 12.1 @117mph on GSD-3's. :mrgreen:
Cdn ZR1 Mike is offline   Reply With Quote