ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 12-01-2015   #11
Dynomite

Default Re: 2016 Renewal

I would think the guys would make it easy by just giving us a PayPal address and a Renewal thread here in ZR-1 General Postings. I would think

We go through this every year and it is not getting better. Just complicated.

This two password thing and two web site thing.........Just give me a PayPal address and I will send the money with a note.
OOPS....I already paid more than a month ago

In the mean time....here is a Christmas Photo for everyone just taken yesterday (the real thing)

Last edited by Dynomite; 12-02-2015 at 08:12 AM.
Dynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015   #12
Mystic ZR-1

Nice picture!
That's just a start....
Post a picture in a month or so when the
snow's completely buried the wagon!
Summer can't come back soon enough!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4-25.jpg (132.9 KB, 18 views)
Mystic ZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015   #13
edram454

I would kill for a little bit of coolness. I am still in the south florida sweatbox. still hits mid 80's and it wont let up. it is very depressing.

ed ramos #3028

1990 #3028..siamese ported plen/hous/SGC/fidanza/DRM LTHeaders/DRM roll cage/camber rod/drilled slot rotors hawk track pads/grand sport calipers/full corsa exhaust/Hurst/NO cats/custom SGC chip/cbeamplate/315's on all 4/intake water plugged/smog removed..RC injectors/LED lights..SHOULD NOT HAVE PUT ALL THE MONEY IN IT.. SOLD.
edram454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015   #14
ZR1North

Quote:
Originally Posted by edram454 View Post
I would kill for a little bit of coolness. I am still in the south florida sweatbox. still hits mid 80's and it wont let up. it is very depressing.

ed ramos #3028
Uhm - I'll take those 80s off your hands. More seat time behind the LT5!
ZR1North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015   #15
A1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynomite View Post
I would think the guys would make it easy by just giving us a PayPal address and a Renewal thread here in ZR-1 General Postings. I would think

We go through this every year and it is not getting better. Just complicated.

This two password thing and two web site thing.........Just give me a PayPal address and I will send the money with a note.
OOPS....I already paid more than a month ago

In the mean time....here is a Christmas Photo for everyone just taken yesterday (the real thing)
Love this picture!
90 ZR-1 #2562 Atomic-Z
ZR-1 Net Registry Chairman of the Board
ZR-1 Net Registry Treasurer
A1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015   #16
Bearly Flying

The Point being, I cannot log into the Registry, so how many times am I supposed to try?

I do want to support the Registry, but I cannot log in to renew my membership
05 FJR 1300 Yamaha (Long Distance, Sport Touring)
And a whole whack of RC Planes
Bearly Flying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015   #17
Dynomite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearly Flying View Post
The Point being, I cannot log into the Registry, so how many times am I supposed to try?

I do want to support the Registry, but I cannot log in to renew my membership
Try the Link provided by FU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FU View Post
For those having trouble finding where to renew your membership try this link:

http://zr1netregistry.com/Marketplac...5/Default.aspx
Then Log in using your first and last name in small letters with no space between first and last name.

Near the top of the screen you should see a gray box saying "Login". Click on this and enter your username and password in the screen that appears. We suggest you tick the "Remember Login" option on the Account Login screen.
Note that logins for the website and forum are different right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1990 View Post
Make sure you log into your website (NOT FORUM) account before you try to renew. If you are having trouble with your website user account name or password, send email to webmaster@zr1netregistry.com for assistance

thanks!!
If you forgot your PASSWORD......send e-mail to the webmaster as Dennis describes asking for a temporary password or just tell them you forgot your Password,

I know it is clumsy and I have complained which I will say it again....that is one thing you do NOT want to make clumsy if you are relying on membership dues to keep going. I still do not see why the Board Of Directors cannot just provide us with a PayPal address or physical address which would allow us to send money with a little note saying we want to be a New Paying Member ($45) or Renew 2016 Membership ($35)

Again......Left Click This Link

You can recover your password by clicking on the Login link near the top of the page and then clicking the "Retrieve Password" link. This will display a screen where you can enter your username or email address to recover your password. Note that if you enter an incorrect username or email address other than the one we have on file then you will not receive that password reminder.

Please also note that the reminder may not get to you because of a number of reasons, such as:
Your internet service provider blocked the email as spam
Your email software blocked it as spam
The email was lost in transmission.
The email reminder system is usually fast. If you have not received anything within 6 hours, please check your spam folder. If there is no reminder there please contact our Webmaster (webmaster@zr1netregistry.com) or David Johnson (president@zr1netregistry.com) and they will reset your account details and send you new login information.
Note: We can't recover passwords only reset them - this is for your security.

1. First login (very important step!) if you can't login because of a lost password and/or username please see the help section entitled "How do I Login?".
Note: There is no longer a single username and password for access for the webpage. You must use your own personal login name and password.

2. Once logged in, hover your mouse over the word "MARKETPLACE"
3. Click on "REGISTRY STORE".
4. Now click on "Membership".
6. Now click on "Renew Membership (2016)"
7. Fill in the details including your membership number if you want it to show up when you check out. Please stand-by for info on ordering more than one T-shirt.
8. Click "Buy Now".
Pay close attention to ALL info especially the State. Make changes necessary. (see bottom of this post for more info)
9. Click "Review Order".
Note even if you're using a card continue to click on "Place order now". You can continue to check out using your CC via PayPal as a guest or if you have a PayPal account you have the option to use it.
Please note: iPhone users have reported issues with the store. Please renew on a regular computer.

Or just Left Click on this for Renew Membership 2016 and then Log In as described in Step 1 above.

All these instructions ARE CLUMSY but It Is What It Is.

I still do not see why the Board Of Directors cannot just provide us with a PayPal address or physical address which would allow us to send money with a little note saying we want to be a New Paying Member ($45) or Renew 2016 Membership ($35).

Now that the hard part is over....lets Remove that Plenum

Last edited by Dynomite; 12-03-2015 at 06:08 AM.
Dynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015   #18
ZZZZZR1
Banned
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynomite View Post
Try the Link provided by FU.

Then Log in using your first and last name in small letters with no space between first and last name.

Near the top of the screen you should see a gray box saying "Login". Click on this and enter your username and password in the screen that appears. We suggest you tick the "Remember Login" option on the Account Login screen.
Note that logins for the website and forum are different right now.

If you forgot your PASSWORD......send e-mail to the webmaster as Dennis describes asking for a temporary password or just tell them you forgot your Password,

I know it is clumsy and I have complained which I will say it again....that is one thing you do NOT want to make clumsy if you are relying on membership dues to keep going. I still do not see why the Board Of Directors cannot just provide us with a PayPal address or physical address which would allow us to send money with a little note saying we want to be a New Paying Member ($45) or Renew 2016 Membership ($35)

Again......Left Click This Link

You can recover your password by clicking on the Login link near the top of the page and then clicking the "Retrieve Password" link. This will display a screen where you can enter your username or email address to recover your password. Note that if you enter an incorrect username or email address other than the one we have on file then you will not receive that password reminder.

Please also note that the reminder may not get to you because of a number of reasons, such as:
Your internet service provider blocked the email as spam
Your email software blocked it as spam
The email was lost in transmission.
The email reminder system is usually fast. If you have not received anything within 6 hours, please check your spam folder. If there is no reminder there please contact our Webmaster (webmaster@zr1netregistry.com) or David Johnson (president@zr1netregistry.com) and they will reset your account details and send you new login information.
Note: We can't recover passwords only reset them - this is for your security.

1. First login (very important step!) if you can't login because of a lost password and/or username please see the help section entitled "How do I Login?".
Note: There is no longer a single username and password for access for the webpage. You must use your own personal login name and password.

2. Once logged in, hover your mouse over the word "MARKETPLACE"
3. Click on "REGISTRY STORE".
4. Now click on "Membership".
6. Now click on "Renew Membership (2016)"
7. Fill in the details including your membership number if you want it to show up when you check out. Please stand-by for info on ordering more than one T-shirt.
8. Click "Buy Now".
Pay close attention to ALL info especially the State. Make changes necessary. (see bottom of this post for more info)
9. Click "Review Order".
Note even if you're using a card continue to click on "Place order now". You can continue to check out using your CC via PayPal as a guest or if you have a PayPal account you have the option to use it.
Please note: iPhone users have reported issues with the store. Please renew on a regular computer.

Or just Left Click on this for Renew Membership 2016 and then Log In as described in Step 1 above.

All these instructions ARE CLUMSY but It Is What It Is.

I still do not see why the Board Of Directors cannot just provide us with a PayPal address or physical address which would allow us to send money with a little note saying we want to be a New Paying Member ($45) or Renew 2016 Membership ($35).

Now that the hard part is over....lets Remove that Plenum
Well said Cliff!!!!

Not only that, but very detailed and helpful!!!

David
ZZZZZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015   #19
Racinfan83

I agree that it is too difficult to figure out. When Cliff had to use dang near a whole page to explain it - that should tell Ya right there..
Put a sticky right here on the forum that says "Membership Renewal" and put the one click deal on there PLEASE.... I have never understood why there are different user names and passwords for the forum and the website anyway. While I'm at it - what's with the silly 12 character mandatory password for the website anyway? I can barely remember an 8 or 9 character pw - no way I will EVER remember whatever I used for the website just to be able to renew. My frickin BANK ACCOUNTS online don't have that many characters.. It's not like somebody is gonna hack your pw to buy you merchandise or renew your membership for you... REALLY???
Rant over... But valid....
[CENTER][COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=4][I][B] **Now Sold** 1990 ZR-1 #2093, Black on Black..[/B][/I][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
Racinfan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015   #20
A1990

I will try to explain this the best I can. Obviously the hardest part of the renewal process is logging into the Registry website. Members don't do it that often and the password is not remembered.

Once you know your password or reset it, the process it fairly straight forward, go to the store, add the membership renewal, fill out the required information, checkout with PayPal and you're done.

Now the back story. Dave Bright developed the website for the Registry almost 20 years ago and the Forum much later. They were never designed to "talk" to each other and in fact are even stored on the same server with the same internet provider. At the same time any membership information including name, address, when you joined, etc....I mean ANYTHING at all was transcribed into an Access database that didn't talk to the website or the forum.. This process was very time consuming and labor intensive for those that tracked this information.

In 2012 it was decided to create a new website that could track membership information for us. We wanted to maintain the information contained in the original website, but at the same time eliminate all the manual work to track memberships. When the new website was created and the membership database imported we had to come up with a username for each member. Hence the firstnamelastname user names we have today.

During late 2013 the Registry website was attacked by a Bot that started creating user accounts on our website at an alarming rate. After consulting with a website development firm, it was determined the best way to stop this Bot was to extend the password to 11 characters. Fortunately this did stop the Bot and still today we are trying to determine which accounts still need to be deleted from our system. Hint: One easy way to create a long password is to use password padding. This means to add characters in your password that repeat and are easy to remember. Example: zR0ne$$$$$$ is a easy password to remember and meets our criteria.

When we were redesigning the website, we knew that the forum would still be in a different programming language, still on a different server unless we implemented a new forum within our new website. We considered that option, however in doing so we would have had to "freeze" the current forum in order to maintain all the history as it would have been very expensive to convert with no guarantees that it would convert correctly. With that in mind we elected not to convert and to leave the systems as they are today.

We did update the software on our website and asked if it would be possible to implement a "single signon" solution. We were quoted that it would be between $2000-$5000 to accomplish this. We elected not to do that at this point.

So now you all know a lot of the backstory. Do we have a perfect system? No. Is there a lot going on in the background on the website and forum? Yes.

I hope that helps everyone understand why it is like it is.

I am open to any comments or suggestions.
90 ZR-1 #2562 Atomic-Z
ZR-1 Net Registry Chairman of the Board
ZR-1 Net Registry Treasurer
A1990 is offline   Reply With Quote