ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 02-01-2016   #1
Vette73

Default ZR1 Pricing.......

A lot of time I will search various websites and see how the market value of the C4 ZR1 is ....Basically I find sometimes a variance in pricing.....Example,I see a dealer in Florida with a white 91 with 56,000 miles,for $32,999.....Car looks nice plus the add says it has a chip and a cat back exhaust where it brings the horsepower to 425.Now, I don't know about you but I don't know many cat back exhausts and chips that bring the car an additional 50 horse....My opinion car is priced very high......

I watched some of the auctions at Barrett Jackson recently and did not see any ZR1s.......I would think that a fine example ZR1 would fetch good money there..Lets face it, I saw a 80 turbo Trans am Black I believe 19,000 miles go for 100,000 dollars.....Also saw a tenth anniversary Trans Am with 243 miles sell for an incredible amount of 170,000 dollars..I'm like, these people serious? Now, are these cars worth the money? Just goes to show you, it's worth whatever a person is willing to pay.......

From what I have seen I see pricing in the mid twenties for nice examples of 90-92 cars......93-95 command more....Of course there are the few examples of real low mileage cars where as the asking price is over forty grand....

Moral of the story? Maybe sell the car at Barrett Jackson...

Last edited by Vette73; 02-01-2016 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Spelling
Vette73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016   #2
Mystic ZR-1

Default Re: ZR1 Pricing.......

Barrett Jackson
77 Smokey and the Bandit Trans Am
$500k Promotional car, wasn't
even in the movie...
Burt Reynolds was in it when it drove
up on the block, whoopie!
gimmee a break!!!!!!
Mystic ZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016   #3
MarkSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette73 View Post
A lot of time I will search various websites and see how the market value of the C4 ZR1 is ....Basically I find sometimes a variance in pricing.....Example,I see a dealer in Florida with a white 91 with 56,000 miles,for $32,999.....Car looks nice plus the add says it has a chip and a cat back exhaust where it brings the horsepower to 425.Now, I don't know about you but I don't know many cat back exhausts and chips that bring the car an additional 50 horse....My opinion car is priced very high......

I watched some of the auctions at Barrett Jackson recently and did not see any ZR1s.......I would think that a fine example ZR1 would fetch good money there..Lets face it, I saw a 80 turbo Trans am Black I believe 19,000 miles go for 100,000 dollars.....Also saw a tenth anniversary Trans Am with 243 miles sell for an incredible amount of 170,000 dollars..I'm like, these people serious? Now, are these cars worth the money? Just goes to show you, it's worth whatever a person is willing to pay.......

From what I have seen I see pricing in the mid twenties for nice examples of 90-92 cars......93-95 command more....Of course there are the few examples of real low mileage cars where as the asking price is over forty grand....

Moral of the story? Maybe sell the car at Barrett Jackson...
The white Florida car was originally listed for $16,995 and then jumped up to almost double that...
MarkSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016   #4
32valvesftw

C4 Vettes don't get much love, and the ZR-1 is not well known by many people. Especially since it just looks like any other C4 pretty much. I do however like being able to beat on SRT-8s and Mustangs that are 20 years newer. I don't buy cars as investments as I don't have enough money to but the cars that will turn a profit.
32valvesftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016   #5
BlackSheepz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32valvesftw View Post
C4 Vettes don't get much love, and the ZR-1 is not well known by many people. Especially since it just looks like any other C4 pretty much. I do however like being able to beat on SRT-8s and Mustangs that are 20 years newer. I don't buy cars as investments as I don't have enough money to but the cars that will turn a profit.

My goal on buying a C4 isn't to make money, but to not lose any. I fully expect there to be maintenance and little things along the way and I'll pay those gladly assuming the car doesn't turn into a money pit (and even if it did I'm kind of in love with my cars), but if push came to shove my goal is just not to be out a bunch of money from what I Paid. If they go UP in value it's just a good day, but the smiles I've gotten from driving them was worth every penny of admission price.

That and like 32valvesftw said above, raising a few eyebrows on the road is never a bad deal either. Need to save my pennies for one of those Haibeck 510 packages...
1990 ZR-1 #2530

1992 LT1 6 speed

Gone but not forgotten:
1988 Z52 4+3

BlackSheepz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016   #6
WARP TEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSheepz View Post

My goal on buying a C4 isn't to make money, but to not lose any. I fully expect there to be maintenance and little things along the way and I'll pay those gladly assuming the car doesn't turn into a money pit (and even if it did I'm kind of in love with my cars), but if push came to shove my goal is just not to be out a bunch of money from what I Paid. If they go UP in value it's just a good day, but the smiles I've gotten from driving them was worth every penny of admission price.

That and like 32valvesftw said above, raising a few eyebrows on the road is never a bad deal either. Need to save my pennies for one of those Haibeck 510 packages...
The most cost effective approach is to buy one already done rather than pay for the work later. As noted before, I would suggest one of the lower production later year cars to minimize depreciation or actually get some appreciation in a few years, not to mention minimizing maintenance..--Bob
2016 Long Beach Red Z06 #10281 "POPS Z"
1995 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN"--Haibeck 350/510 package, 4.10s, Hurst, Stock Exhaust with QTP Cutouts
--Sold but still running strong
1993 Quasar Blue #161 "HIL KING"
--Sold but still running strong, now with more than 120,000 miles
1967 Marlboro Maroon/Saddle Corvette Coupe 300 hp/4-spd
--Sold a long time ago
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #95
NCM Lifetime Member
Favorite Quote--Attributed to Mickey Thompson:
"Too Much Horsepower is Almost Enough"
WARP TEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016   #7
Paul Workman

Location: Squires (near Ava MO in the Mark Twain N'tl Forest) - Missouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSheepz View Post

Of course one NEVER has enough HP, but the "510" package changes completely the driving experience as much as going from a base C4 to the stock ZR-1.

I've hot-rodded the SBCs for longer than some here have been alive. But, I've never experienced a motor that responded so well to simple porting w/ SW headers and cat-back. So, I'll let whomever that takes over my estate worry about resale values. I don't care even a little bit. Two more months and we're back on the road again!

90 #1202
"FBI" top end ported & relieved
Cam timing by "Pete the Greek"
Sans secondaries
Chip & dyno tuning by Haibeck Automotive
SW headers, X-pipe, MF muffs

Former Secretary, ZR-1 Net Registry
Paul Workman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016   #8
32valvesftw

What Warp10 said buy the best example of the latest model you can afford, actually if are patient (a few months) you will probably find a good 92-95 with a 510 package show up. I think there is one up for sale now actually
http://www.zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=26051
32valvesftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016   #9
Vette73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Workman View Post
Of course one NEVER has enough HP, but the "510" package changes completely the driving experience as much as going from a base C4 to the stock ZR-1.

I've hot-rodded the SBCs for longer than some here have been alive. But, I've never experienced a motor that responded so well to simple porting w/ SW headers and cat-back. So, I'll let whomever that takes over my estate worry about resale values. I don't care even a little bit. Two more months and we're back on the road again!
Good point...

My ZR1 and 73 Stingray are not trailer queens to begin with but I try my best to keep them looking as good as they can....

Its true the C4 does not get much respect,even i was not really into them when i started looking for a new ride to go along with my stingray...

I originally was looking for a viper but found the prices a little too high...A well cared for ZR1 I feel is definetly a good bang for the buck....

I also agree with Warp ten--Try finding a car that has already been modded since these cars respond well to modifications..
Vette73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016   #10
efnfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic ZR-1 View Post
Barrett Jackson
77 Smokey and the Bandit Trans Am
$500k Promotional car, wasn't
even in the movie...
Burt Reynolds was in it when it drove
up on the block, whoopie!