ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 02-24-2024   #1
WMATA ZR1

Default Knock Sensor 1995 ZR1

Hi anyone here that can offer me help or suggestion

1995 ZR1 not sure when it happen my wire clip broke wire fell and burn on my header pipes causing my service soon lite to come on. I do not have a tech 1 scanner so I used a jumper. I forget the code number by came up knock sensor. I purchase a new knock sensor and sensor wire. I cut out the burn wire replace with new wire and sensor. I cleared the code getting C12. After starting the car the same knock senor code would reappear in about 15 second. I then purchase a AC DELCO senor with wire installing and clearing code. Start the car and getting the same code just after starting. any suggestion will be great
I,m in the Wash DC area If know of a good ZR1 shop in this area let me know
WMATA ZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2024   #2
AlbanyBrian

Default Re: Knock Sensor 1995 ZR1

I had a knock sensor code on my 1993 when I purchased it last year. No burned connector like you. I replaced the knock sensor with an AC Delco unit I got from Jerry?s and problem solved. One check I did before changing the sensor was to check the continuity of the wire from the knock sensor connector to the ECM plug. Maybe check that to make sure your wire/connector are good, easy to do, check the service manual for the terminal on the ECM plug, I do not currently recall which one it is. Good luck,
Brian
AlbanyBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024   #3
HAWAIIZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMATA ZR1 View Post

1995 ZR1 not sure when it happen my wire clip broke wire fell and burn on my header pipes causing my service soon lite to come on. I do not have a tech 1 scanner so I used a jumper. I forget the code number by came up knock sensor. I purchase a new knock sensor and sensor wire. I cut out the burn wire replace with new wire and sensor. I cleared the code getting C12. After starting the car the same knock senor code would reappear in about 15 second. I then purchase a AC DELCO senor with wire installing and clearing code. Start the car and getting the same code just after starting. any suggestion will be great
Hopefully one of the WAZOO folks will chime in. They have a great group that helps each other with their cars. Probably better than any shop will do in your area. Amazing band of brothers there.
1995 #228 Black/Black with Dunn Heads
ZR-1 owner since September 2003
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #0074
NCM Lifetime Member #2048

HAWAIIZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2024   #4
Jagdpanzer

I'm in Fairfax, VA and would be glad to help you out. If you are not in a hurry recommend joining us at the next WAZOO maintenance day event which we have from time to time.

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry
George Braml Intake
Jagdpanzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2024   #5
secondchance

Interestingly, when I had my 94 on Jim?s lift about 10 years ago, we found knock sensor wire was burnt and broken off but check engine light never triggered. Soldered the wire together and no issue.
secondchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2024   #6
XfireZ51

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMATA ZR1 View Post

U sure u bought the correct sensor? There?s a difference between ZR and regular C4. I forget the value, think its 3.2K ohms, but u can check resistance on sensor to make sure. Check w Jerry at Jerry?s Gaskets also.
1984 Corvette Z-51/4+3 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Aqua/Gray #474 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Black Rose/Cognac #458
2014 Honda VFR Interceptor DX
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024   #7
WMATA ZR1

I like to thank you all for the suggestion and help concerning knock sensor and code. As one reply I'm going to purchase a knock sensor from Jerry. One thing I failed to mention after connecting my new lead wire I turn ignition on without starting use my test light at lead received on power.
WMATA ZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote