ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 09-04-2018   #51
Helium3

Default Re: New Owners/National list of Z Shops

Just wanted to say thanks for posting the list. Didn't know there was a LT5 shop out by Poulsbo, WA on the tier 1 list no less.

I visited Tony's Corvette last summer while getting another vehicle worked on down the street. He seemed a little hesitant to do anything other than basic bolt-ons. He even had a 91 ZR-1 sitting out that needed a good home. He seems to be more invested with newer Vettes and restoring the classic Gen 1 and 2s.

My experience with Corvette Mike wasn't great either, but just some email communication. I was looking for a Mosler MT900, ended up contacting Warren Mosler directly.

I'm looking forward to GM coming out with the DOHC turbo engines for the upcoming Corvettes and Cadillac's. That may increase the shops that will work on our older DOHC LT5 motors.
Helium3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018   #52
rkreigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagdpanzer View Post
The WAZOO LT5 certifying process straight forward and starts with a critical evaluation of a candidate’s skills on the BBQ grille. Next up is stocking and maintaining the beer cooler. 21st and final step is cam timing while blindfolded with one arm tied behind the back.

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry

Although very humble the Wazoo guys have built several engines, pulls and installs included, numerous injector plenum pulls, clutches trannys, and just about anything you can think of taking apart with few exceptions.

I'd wager that even with a break for a brew or two and pizza many hands make light work and the price of admission is a smile, a handshake, and a desired to get your hands dirty. Highly recommend it.

A Wazoo graduate is Demps who went "all in" and has one of the nicest shop in the areas. Phil is one of the most advanced engineers I know and has invested much of his time into preserving and improving his Z which is quite spectacular.

I hope to sneak a few more ponies out of the LSV. I heat cycled it a few too many times and blew a rad hose and soon after a head gasket. Should have parked it but it got hot a few times about a year ago. Fast forward, it shot some water out the $6 so it was time to tear it down. Mostly from what I learned hands on at wazoo I went solo on the engine pull and took the engine straight to Demps. We also work with Lloyd who does some quality machine work and knows his way around liners and honing and does lots of dohc ford work so he's not afraid of a few extra valves.

As to the post above. I believe Aaron Scott is back in business in Ga.

Although I haven't been up there in a while

Vette Doctors mostly doing late model stuff but know there way around an LT5

Ron has some builders in Las Vegas, of course Jerry's Gaskets in Ok City, and there are many more.

Good thread.
rkreigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018   #53
rkreigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helium3 View Post
Just wanted to say thanks for posting the list. Didn't know there was a LT5 shop out by Poulsbo, WA on the tier 1 list no less.

I visited Tony's Corvette last summer while getting another vehicle worked on down the street. He seemed a little hesitant to do anything other than basic bolt-ons. He even had a 91 ZR-1 sitting out that needed a good home. He seems to be more invested with newer Vettes and restoring the classic Gen 1 and 2s.

My experience with Corvette Mike wasn't great either, but just some email communication. I was looking for a Mosler MT900, ended up contacting Warren Mosler directly.

I'm looking forward to GM coming out with the DOHC turbo engines for the upcoming Corvettes and Cadillac's. That may increase the shops that will work on our older DOHC LT5 motors.

let us help you out with the car. Most folks have moved on because lt5 volume is low and you gotta eat. you are in a hot bed of enthusiasts that can do whatever you need from stock maint to 700 +
rkreigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019   #54
haber rj

I just wanted to bring to the forms attention that I spoke with Aaron Scott today from South Georgia Corvettes and he confirmed to me again that he is open for business. His only contact number is 299-403-7099 at this time which is his cell phone.
haber rj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019   #55
Ccmano

Quote:
Originally Posted by haber rj View Post
I just wanted to bring to the forms attention that I spoke with Aaron Scott today from South Georgia Corvettes and he confirmed to me again that he is open for business. His only contact number is 299-403-7099 at this time which is his cell phone.
Cool, so the 299-403-7009 number we have listed is not correct?
H
90'ZR-1 #1461 Red/Black
Ported Intake, Degreed Cams, OBX Headers & Exhaust, Fidanza FW, Secondary Delete, Custom tune, C6 GS Wheels. Sold
08 C6 Z51 Crystal Red Metallic Sold Vararam Intake, Tune, Sold
05 C6 Z51 Red/Black Sold
90'ZR-1 #1723 Black/Gray Sold but not forgotten
91' Z51 L98 White Vert. My First, you always remember your first. Sold.
Ccmano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019   #56
haber rj

Sorry about the typo baby sitting the grandson the number is 299-403-7009, thank you for catching this.
haber rj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019   #57
Ccmano

Just realized Pepmier Engine Development in Indiana was not on the list. That has now been updated.

Any other submissions?
H
90'ZR-1 #1461 Red/Black
Ported Intake, Degreed Cams, OBX Headers & Exhaust, Fidanza FW, Secondary Delete, Custom tune, C6 GS Wheels. Sold
05 C6 Z51 Red/Black Sold
Old 04-10-2019   #58
lfalzarano

Yeah, Corvette Masters Inc.
8615 US-17, Maitland, FL 32751

407-831-3990

Old 04-10-2019   #59
Ccmano

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfalzarano View Post
Yeah, Corvette Masters Inc.
8615 US-17, Maitland, FL 32751

407-831-3990

Thanks! However Corvette Masters is already on the list. But keep those recommendations coming.
H
90'ZR-1 #1461 Red/Black
05 C6 Z51 Red/Black Sold
Old 04-29-2019   #60
precast1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccmano View Post
What’s the story on South Georgia Corvette? Still in business? They did a lot of Z work 10years ago.
H
South Georgia Corvette is alive and well Aaron Scott is working on my car right now.

He has a beautiful garage in Thomasville, Ga At the current time he has 8 or 9 cars in the shop. The quality of his work is unbelievable. He will not do something that isn't done to a very high standard.

He is also a very nice guy and has no problem sharing his knowledge.

Please if your anywhere close just go check out his shop you will be nothing but impressed.

Thank you,

Tom

Sent from my SM-G950U using ZR-1 Net Registry mobile app
precast1 is offline   Reply With Quote