ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 10-08-2014   #1
BevZR-1

Default Her ZR-1

I have met many Registry members in person and I want to take this opportunity to introduce myself to the members on the forum. My name is Beverly and while I am a new ZR-1 owner, I am not new to Corvettes.

I attended my first Corvettes at Carlisle in 1992 and have continued to attend every year. My husband Ed and I drove away on our wedding day in our 1989 Red C4 convertible. In 1998 we bought a Radar Blue Indy Pace Car. We never fail to get attention when driving this car around town. In 2006 I bought a 1972 Corvette Stingray convertible at Carlisle as a surprise for my husband’s birthday. Ed sure was surprised at the reveal during his birthday party!

Last year after meeting several of the ZR-1 Registry members at Carlisle, Ed decided he wanted a ZR-1. Ed bought a 1994 Admiral Blue ZR-1 last October with only 13k miles on the clock. He was enjoying his ZR-1 so much, I decided I should have my own ZR-1 to drive! We found a second 1994 Admiral Blue ZR-1 for sale in May of this year with even lower mileage. I thought it would be fun to have his and her ZR-1’s.

Since we were already signed up to go to the ZR-1 Gathering and couldn’t get my car delivered to my house in time for the event, I had my ZR-1 shipped to the Corvette Museum. I hadn't seen my car in person until I walked into the Museum on Saturday morning. There she was, looking beautiful and sitting right next to Ed’s ZR-1 with “His” and “Hers” stickers on the windshields.

I jumped into the ZR-1 world with both feet. I posted a few pictures of me getting to know the other ZR-1 Net Registry members while serving hamburgers and sausages in the hotel parking lot at the Gathering. I had the chance to meet and get to know Dave McLellan during the weekend. He signed the hoods on both of our cars, as well as our build sheets. His advice for me was to, “Drive it hard!” I assured him that I would! The weekend was complete as I drove my car for the first time, out of the museum! I stopped for a quick picture in front of the Corvette banner. The 1972 C3 on the wall was the same one I had at home and my ZR-1 was on her way home to join her.

Carlisle was extra sweet this year. I worked at the ZR-1 Net Registry tent, selling memberships and apparel. This gave me another opportunity to meet more of the club’s members.
Our “His and Her” twin Admiral Blues looked very nice side by side among the many beautiful ZR-1’s on display.

1994 Admiral Blue ZR-1 #137 8,400 miles
Stock so far.
BevZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014   #2
Paul Workman

Location: Squires (near Ava MO in the Mark Twain N'tl Forest) - Missouri
Default Re: Her ZR-1

Well, congratz, and let me be the first to say: WELCOME TO THE BROTHERHOOD OF THE BEAST!!

Paul.

90 #1202
"FBI" top end ported & relieved
Cam timing by "Pete the Greek"
Sans secondaries
Chip & dyno tuning by Haibeck Automotive
SW headers, X-pipe, MF muffs

Former Secretary, ZR-1 Net Registry
Paul Workman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014   #3
We Gone

Welcome & congrats, we met at the gathering. You and yours have a pair of very nice ZR-1's. I might add you cook a mean burger also!

1990 Steel Blue/Black #2355
1990 Red/Red #1473
1991 Quasar /Black #118 Sold
1991 Turquoise/Black #766 Parted Out
1993 Yellow/White #179 Sold
1990 Black/Gray #1361 Headers/4:10s Sold
We Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014   #4
KILLSHOTS

Saw your car at RK Motors in Charlotte earlier this year and wanted it SO BAD! It is beautiful!

WELCOME TO THE CLUB!!
KILLSHOTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014   #5
cvette98pacecar

Well, I see you have the sickness like the rest of us. While yours and Ed AB ZR-1 as gorgeous cars, I am still partial to your Z4Z which is my favorite Corvette to date.
Once again thank you for supporting the ZR-1 Net Registry at Carlisle.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR=blue]G[/COLOR][COLOR=red]rand[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]S[/COLOR][COLOR=red]port[/COLOR] Registry Lifetime Member
NCM Lifetime Member #2655
Pacecar Registry Member
[COLOR=red]ZOOM Charter Member - ZR-1 Owners of Michigan[/COLOR]
[COLOR=plum][I]ZR-1[/I] Registry member since 2012 [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]1990 LPE "368" Aerobody ZR-1, Last ZR-1 built by John[/COLOR]
1991 Callaway Aerobody ZR-1, DRM 500
1991 Shinoda Aerobody Spyder,
1998 Pace Car
cvette98pacecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014   #6
USAZR1

Welcome to the site,Beverly. Looking forward to meeting you and Ed at Bowling Green,next year.
1994 ZR-1 White/Red #152 (sold)
1991 ZR-1 Callaway Aerobody #1332 (sold)
1990 ZR-1 Red/Red #952 (sold)
2002 Z06 Torch Red/Mod Red widebody
USAZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014   #7
Schrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Workman View Post
Well, congratz, and let me be the first to say: WELCOME TO THE BROTHERHOOD OF THE BEAST!!

Paul.
Yeah - welcome to the 'PEOPLE'?HOOD Of The Beast!

(Brotherhood )
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]
Schrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014   #8
GOLDCYLON

Smile Re: Her ZR-1

Welcome to the group
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014   #9
secondchance

Welcome! I have a 94 #256 black/black. Hope to see you at Carlisle in 2015.
secondchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014   #10
Roadster

Enjoyed meeting both you and Ed @ Corvettes for Chip a few weeks ago.
Two beautiful AB ZR-1's for sure, which generated alot of interest over @ Simply Corvettes from the pics posted. And with David's AB, your ZR-1's made that the most of one color at the show...... Tom & Alexis

1994 ZR-1 #009 "captured test fleet car"
1974 LS4 454 Vert
1982 L83 CFI...now a retired "dd"....Sold

WAZOO Member
Roadster is offline   Reply With Quote