ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 08-12-2021   #1
Atari_Prime

Default Corsa Exhaust - Black Tip Version

i'm pondering the idea of an aftermarket exhaust for my 94' ZR-1. But I want to keep the stock look as much as possible. For that reason I am considering the black tip version of the Corsa exhaust. I've only been able to find one picture of it though in black. Has anyone put the black tip version on their car? Got pics?
Atari_Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021   #2
WARP TEN

Default Re: Corsa Exhaust - Black Tip Version

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atari_Prime View Post
i'm pondering the idea of an aftermarket exhaust for my 94' ZR-1. But I want to keep the stock look as much as possible. For that reason I am considering the black tip version of the Corsa exhaust. I've only been able to find one picture of it though in black. Has anyone put the black tip version on their car? Got pics?
Sorry I don't have a picture of the black tip Corsa on a car but here is a picture from their website along with a picture of a stock '94 exhaust. I used Corsas for many years when I had my ZR-1s and liked them. The problem of trying to look stock, as you know, is that stock has a single wide rectangular black painted tip, not twin outlets. The only rectangular tip cat back exhaust I found in a quick search was from Borla and I am not sure it fits the LT5. After many years with Corsas, I decided that for my '95 I really wanted to go back to a stock look but retain the ability to have a loud freer flowing exhaust, so I had Marc install QTP electric cutouts right in front of the mufflers (different from his normal location to retain my spare tire carrier). I also installed a rocker switch hidden under the carpet on the passenger side of the console to control them. This setup allow me to have a stock look and sound when I wanted it, but also to open them up for a low rumble or a full straight pipes sound. I normally left the cutouts about one third open for around town use. I really liked the setup and would do it again if I ever get another ZR-1. Apologies that this doesn't really answer your main question but hopefully helps with ideas. --Bob
2016 Long Beach Red Z06 #10281 "POPS Z"
1995 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN"--Haibeck 350/510 package, 4.10s, Hurst, Stock Exhaust with QTP Cutouts
--Sold but still running strong
1993 Quasar Blue #161 "HIL KING"
--Sold but still running strong, now with more than 120,000 miles
1967 Marlboro Maroon/Saddle Corvette Coupe 300 hp/4-spd
--Sold a long time ago
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #95
NCM Lifetime Member
Favorite Quote--Attributed to Mickey Thompson:
"Too Much Horsepower is Almost Enough"

Last edited by WARP TEN; 08-12-2021 at 10:57 AM.
WARP TEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021   #3
HAWAIIZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atari_Prime View Post

If ?We Gone? does not reply, send him a message and he will probably be happy to show you his car with the Corsa Black tip option. I thought he had a post with photos, but I could not find it. I was going to do the same at one time.

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry
1995 #228 Black/Black with Dunn Heads
ZR-1 owner since September 2003
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #0074
NCM Lifetime Member #2048

HAWAIIZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021   #4
We Gone

Yes my 91 has Black tip and I love the look, Posting pics here is a nightmare. Drop me a PM I can e-mail them or post on CF.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Corsa 3.jpg (111.9 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5019.jpg (195.0 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5022.jpg (116.4 KB, 27 views)

1990 Steel Blue/Black #2355
1990 Red/Red #1473
1991 Quasar /Black #118 Sold
1991 Turquoise/Black #766 Parted Out
1993 Yellow/White #179 Sold
1990 Black/Gray #1361 Headers/4:10s Sold

Last edited by We Gone; 08-18-2021 at 06:47 PM.
We Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021   #5
WARP TEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by We Gone View Post
Yes my 91 has Black tip and I love the look, Posting pics here is a nightmare. Drop me a PM I can e-mail them or post on CF.
Hi Steve--
I am surprised to hear you have trouble posting pictures here. Not sure what issues you have, but I find it to be as easy or easier than on any other forums. I keep all my pictures on my home computer so it is a simple matter of hitting "Manage Attachments" and choosing the pictures from whatever subdirectory I have them in. This is an older platform, so there are limits, like only five pictures in each post allowed, and it doesn't offer a "rotate" feature to handle iPhone pictures' tendency to be sideways. There is a simple fix for that if you operate in a Windows environment: open the picture in Paint, select rotate right, then rotate left, then save it and the natural landscape orientation of iPhone pix is eliminated. Anyway, hope you can figure it out--I am sure you have plenty of great pictures to share. -- Bob
1995 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN"--Haibeck 350/510 package, 4.10s, Hurst, Stock Exhaust with QTP Cutouts
--Sold a long time ago
NCM Lifetime Member
Old 08-18-2021   #6
We Gone

Thanks WARP TEN, never looked for the "Manage Attachments" funny how you can miss the simple things! Now just need to learn this new Apple Computer after 30+ years of PC..

1990 Steel Blue/Black #2355
1990 Red/Red #1473
1991 Quasar /Black #118 Sold
1991 Turquoise/Black #766 Parted Out
1993 Yellow/White #179 Sold
1990 Black/Gray #1361 Headers/4:10s Sold
We Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021   #7
WARP TEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by We Gone View Post
Thanks WARP TEN, never looked for the "Manage Attachments" funny how you can miss the simple things! Now just need to learn this new Apple Computer after 30+ years of PC..
Glad to help Steve. Can't help on transitioning to an Apple PC, but if you need any help on transitioning from your rotary dial phone to the push button one, I'm your man. --Bob
--Sold a long time ago
NCM Lifetime Member
Old 09-01-2021   #8
Meanmyz

I have a Corsa black tip version. I bought this when I did Marc Haibeck's 510 HP upgrade. I love it. I even painted the cans on the car black.

The muffler can high heat paint that I used has held up relatively good, but I want to redo it with the high heat paint offered by KBS coatings (XTC paint). That is the hot ticket!

Remember, you will have to properly prep the surface and use the primer first, before the black paint.

Here is another pointer. The zinc primer is a dead on match for the lighter zinc paint that was used on the later model Z painted rotor hats for rust protection.
Meanmyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021   #9
Bob Eyres

Who?s Zinc primer do you use?

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry

1991 ZR-1 White/Black #1236 (Owner since 1994).
Stock engine with bolt-ons: Hurst shifter,"Forced Air" intake, Coplon duct, Bee Cool Radiator, Demon coils, Jeal prom, Watson headers, X pipe, 3" B&B's, Rippie flywheel, 4:10 gears, A molds, Toyo Proxes-R888's 12.06@117mph. 1.76 60ft.
Bob Eyres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021   #10
Meanmyz

Hi Bob. Check this link out. https://www.kbs-coatings.com/xtc.html

It this the Xtreme Temperature Coating (XTC) zinc primer shown on KBS's site.
Meanmyz is offline   Reply With Quote