ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Club Regional Areas > Northwest Region

Old 03-04-2016   #11
IMZZ

Default Re: Portland Vancouver area Roll Call

It was great to see some other ZR1 owners at cars and coffee last summer. I pulled into the lot and the attendant said "That's not just a Corvette it's a ZR1. He can park up front with the exotics". Once I got parked I could see not one but two more ZR1's pulling in the lot. We all parked together in the front of the lot.

Are there any other places that people get together? I've tried the local Corvette clubs but they seem to be more into the social aspect and not so much into their cars.

Has anyone tried the Cascade Station cars and coffee or the Beaches cruise in at PIR during the summer? I heard that a group of Corvette owners meet and go to the Beaches cruise in together.

I'm planning to go to the historic races at PIR this summer and was hoping to go with some type of car club and park in the club corral with other Corvettes or ZR1's.

I guess a group of ZR1 owners used to have an informal get together on the west side but I'm not sure they do that anymore.
IMZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016   #12
IMZZ

I'm planning to go to the Portland cars and coffee in Wilsonville on Saturday. Stop by and say "hello".
IMZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019   #13
Bob H

This weekend, Saturday 08/24/19 "Cars and Coffee" @ World of Speed in Wilsonville will be featuring the marque "Corvette". Check out there web site for details. Get there early, Bob H.
Bob H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019   #14
Arctic91

Just moved to the Seattle area (actually, Whidbey Island) and would be interested in joining the group for a nearby Cars and Coffee or other event this coming spring/summer. I put my ZR-1 in storage this fall when I made the move from VA, but I have two of my Callaways here with me.

Cheers,
Scott

'95 Callaway SNAT 450 Aerobody Coupe - Black/Black
'92 Callaway SNAT 400 Convertible - Polo Green/Beige
'91 ZR-1 #1231 - Arctic White/Saddle (SOLD)
'90 ZR-1 #2547 - Turquoise Metallic/Black
'89 Callaway Twin Turbo Aerobody Coupe #027 - Black/Black
'85 Corvette 454 Coupe - White/Red
Arctic91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020   #15
tnova

Scott,
Tony Nufer here (Tnova). Welcome to Whidbey Island. Two years ago we moved from SoCal to Spokane Valley. We still own a townhouse in Whidbey Island where we lived in the '80s. I also have a '91 ZR-1. Here in the Inland Northwest we're accustomed to driving distances to almost any car event so I'm sure we'll cross paths on your side of the mountains this year after the spring thaw!
Tony
tnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020   #16
Arctic91

Tony,

Sounds great... let me know if you are headed this way for a particular show. I will only be here for two years, but would still be interested in meeting other owners in the area, if possible.

On a side note, I'm trying to work with a couple other people to organize a gathering of C4 ZR-1, Callaway and Grand Sport owners somewhere in the western part of the country (probably Reno, NV) this summer. There are several gatherings and events for people on the east coast (C4 Gathering, Mountain Run, Carlisle, etc.) but little for those on the west coast. Hopefully there will be enough interest from owners and support from the owners groups.

Scott

'95 Callaway SNAT 450 Aerobody Coupe - Black/Black
'92 Callaway SNAT 400 Convertible - Polo Green/Beige
'91 ZR-1 #1231 - Arctic White/Saddle (SOLD)
'90 ZR-1 #2547 - Turquoise Metallic/Black
'89 Callaway Twin Turbo Aerobody Coupe #027 - Black/Black
'85 Corvette 454 Coupe - White/Red
Arctic91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020   #17
tnova

Scott,
Ted Feder is a Net board member and lives in the San Fernando Valley. He organizes a gathering in April of each year at the SVRA race in Fontana at the Auto Club Speedway. I won't make that because of an RV trip with the ZR-1 to TX and IL. Also every July or August my wife and I visit Tahoe for a family gathering. Our daughters' work schedules drive which week.
Tony
tnova is offline   Reply With Quote