ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 05-04-2009   #1
stedi

Default Which injectors to choose

Any suggestions for injector replacement if I do not want to spend a fortune but still want to keep original performance or better.

Thanks,
Steve
stedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009   #2
jonszr1

Default Re: Which injectors to choose

i have used the ficinjectors , jon and his son own the business and are a pleasure to deal with very standup guys . these are rebuilt bosch injectors which are flow matched and come with a 3 year warrenty. price aprox 400 to your door . i have them on both my zr1s and seem to exceed the performance of the stk ones . jmho
jonszr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009   #3
lbszr

Accel's are good also, mine are two years old and happen to just have a pressure guage on them today and they hold over 40psi for over a hour after shutdown still, knock on wood.
Old 05-05-2009   #4
GOLDCYLON

Cost being key the above two mentioned (Accel and FIC) a lot of folks have had success with those. Folks have been using the accels for about two years now and the FICs for about a year.

If money was no object RCs injectors. According to Jeffvette a valued member on the board they are a install and forget item as they are stainless sleeved. I am running Rcs and I have zero complaints.
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V

Last edited by GOLDCYLON; 05-05-2009 at 08:38 AM.
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009   #5
tomtom72

This is just two more cents fwiw.

I have RC's in my 90, bought them way back in 05 when they and GM were the only choice. So the RC's were logical as their cost was ball park with GM injectors as they are s/s where it counts.

I would urge you to go to FIC injectors' website as they have some very interesting vids of all the popular injectors in operation. You get to see the spray patterns at different PSI's. Go watch the vids and I think after you will have more info with which to make your choice.

Tom
1990 ZR-1, Black/grey, #2233, stock. ZR-1 Net Reg Founding Member #316 & NCM member
tomtom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009   #6
vettn71

If yours is an NCRS-type car, Jon at FIC made up some 94(?) Multecs w/stainless steel guts for my 90. I was concerned about losing points for the green bodies of the Bosch. I haven't installed them yet (waiting for other parts), but they look spot on to the originals. As stated earlier, Jon answers the phone, is always willing to talk and work towards whatever you need. if these work out as well as I think they will, restorers will have a new option that won't cost them a bucket of points.

Jim
vettn71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009   #7
ZR1Vette

I went with FIC and am very pleased I did...
-Pricing for 16 flow matched Bosch injectors is extremely good as opposed to costs for some of the other manufacturers
-Jon Banner (owner of FIC) is excellent to work with...he even followed up with several telephone calls to me just to make sure everything was OK and no problems with installs
-Injectors delivered in vacuum sealed packaging

Injectors are a plug and play set up...
Bosch units:

The Accels... you will have to grind down the little tabs where the electrical connectors clip on...not a big deal to do>>

And if you are going to do the injector replacement don't forget O rings (for primary) and plenum gaskets...I got mine form Jerry>>

The primary O ring is located in the injector housing and should be replaced prior to installing new injectors

Just my personal preference for FIC sourced injectors...and they work great....my ZR purrs like a kitten

[I][SIZE="2"]1990 RED on RED #566[/SIZE][/I]
[I][SIZE="2"]WAZOO MEMBER[/I][/SIZE]

Last edited by ZR1Vette; 05-06-2009 at 08:26 AM.
ZR1Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009   #8
LGAFF

WAs there an issue with FICs and if so has it been resolved?
90 #966-150K miles-sold
92 #234-sold
1987 Callaway TT #17
1991 ZR-1 #1359
LGAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009   #9
ZR1Vette

None with me...did hear of one ZR driver but I think he had a modified engine

[I][SIZE="2"]1990 RED on RED #566[/SIZE][/I]
[I][SIZE="2"]WAZOO MEMBER[/I][/SIZE]
ZR1Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009   #10
XfireZ51

=Jeff= has had some
issues with the FICs in the last several days. If he hasn't posted yet, I'll leave it up to him to discuss how he has resolved it. Remember he's using 2nd Gen IHs, so his injectors are the same for primary and secondary.
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote