ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 06-02-2010   #1
91vettezr1

Default passenger seat won't go back and forth

hi
took out driver seat (94 zr-1 sport seats.) to put on new seat cover, after putting it back in the car , the passenger side seat doesn't go back and forth. when i use the switch from passenger to driver, just the driver seat moves. the driver even moves when i click the switch to passenger only. other features ,bolsters,air pump etc work ok. i checked all the fuses, read a thread about switching connectors on drivers side, that can't be done since they are colored coded and only go one way. i confirmed that are in the right harnesses. i also switched around relays on the drivers side,checked connection at seat switch.
i was thinking maybe the switch was bad but the seat was fine before i took out driver seat, any help would be appreciated. driving me crazy. now the passenger side is stuck half way .
todd
91vettezr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010   #2
phrogs

Default Re: passenger seat won't go back and forth

the seat track has a seperate plug is it pluged in?
phrogs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010   #3
91vettezr1

hi
i didn't unplug anything on the passsenger seat. so i guess you mean the plug for the drivers seat. i am at work right now and don't have the seat right in front of me. i remember seeing 2 connectors which are plugged in,there is also a white connector near the pump hoses, that too is connected. i think that's all there is.
thanks
todd
Old 06-03-2010   #4
phrogs

no there should be another plug at the motor for the seat track but im not sure what would cause it to not work if everything is pluged in.

Currently own

90 ZR-1 #845 DRM 500 engine package

90 #226 Might be a parts car not sure yet
phrogs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010   #5
91vettezr1

well i was on the corvetteforum and i was reading a bunch of old threads. every thread seems to say to switch the 2 connectors under the drivers seat. i connected the 2 connectors with matching colored wires. they are saying to do the opposite. i am going to try it when i get home. this has to be the problem. don't know why gm would wire the car this way
todd
Old 06-04-2010   #6
VetteMed

Todd, that problem got me too in my 94. The colors aren't supposed to match up, if you match like to like, you'll get the results you found. Switch the plugs, you'll be good to go.
VetteMed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010   #7
GOLDCYLON

Counterintuitive isn't it? Color scheme must of been thought up by the same engineer that designed the C4 around the Heater core.
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015   #8
Meanmyz

I just wanted to resurrect this thread to say THANK YOU to you guys that provided the answer. This thread is still paying dividends...at least it did for me.

I am just finishing up and interior project and had put the seats in and was just sick at the thought of having to tear things apart again for a diagnose and repair (passenger seat wouldn't work/driver seat moves regardless of seat setting).

The driver side seat track connections were plugged in wrong and have to be plugged into their different wire color connections.

Thank you!
Meanmyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015   #9
VetteMed

That seat wiring is the gift that keeps on giving. Somewhere, there's a retired gm engineer laughing about that wiring.
1991 ZR-1 #302 White/Gray (sold)
1991 ZR-1 #1147 Red/Saddle (sold)
VetteMed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015   #10
Meanmyz

Quote:
Originally Posted by VetteMed View Post
That seat wiring is the gift that keeps on giving. Somewhere, there's a retired gm engineer laughing about that wiring.

I was pretty sick about this on Saturday afternoon. I have been at this da_n project since late January and need to get the project done and the car on the road!

Earth is back on it's proper axis and I am a happy camper again!
Meanmyz is offline   Reply With Quote