ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Off Topic > OFF TOPIC

Old 05-08-2004   #1
442typhoondude

Default Marlboro ZR1 and GMC Syclone!!!

Just wondering if any of you ZR1 fanatics would happen to know of this car. It was given away through a Marlboro game. Anyone know any info about these wheels?

Just for the fun of it, here is the Marlboro Syclone they gave away shortly after that. The paint schemes were very similar. Can you guess which one is quicker??

Any information would be very appreciated guys. Thanks.
Old 09-03-2004   #2
Wayne

Put this on the ZR1.NET & someone will know
#269 The car Mom saw 183 in
Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004   #3
Z Factor

Can you guess which one is quicker??

HMMM, that's a tough one
Z Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009   #4
zr-1sr4oldmenanditalians

Default Re: Marlboro ZR1 and GMC Syclone!!!

You closed minded ZR-1 owners cannot fathom that something (especially a truck) could possibly be faster than your mid-life crisis mobile?
Yes, the 1990 ZR-1 pictured is faster, but only by .26 seconds in the quarter mile. The Syclone was actually faster in a quarter mile than all production ZR-1 corvettes except the 1990 ZR-1 in tests done by auto mags. Even if these numbers are not a perfect representation, you guys still need to broaden your horizons once in a while and realize that there are other things that can go fast besides a corvette.
1990 ZR-1 quarter time: 12.8
1992 ZR-1 quarter time: 13.9
1993 ZR-1 quarter time: 13.6
1994 ZR-1 quarter time: 13.1
1995 ZR-1 quarter time: 13.1
1991 GMC Syclone quarter time: 13.06
syclone best quarter run time
list of chevy's including ZR-1 quarter times
zr-1sr4oldmenanditalians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009   #5
ZZZZZR1
Banned
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by zr-1sr4oldmenanditalians View Post
You closed minded ZR-1 owners cannot fathom that something (especially a truck) could possibly be faster than your mid-life crisis mobile?
Yes, the 1990 ZR-1 pictured is faster, but only by .26 seconds in the quarter mile. The Syclone was actually faster in a quarter mile than all production ZR-1 corvettes except the 1990 ZR-1 in tests done by auto mags. Even if these numbers are not a perfect representation, you guys still need to broaden your horizons once in a while and realize that there are other things that can go fast besides a corvette.
1990 ZR-1 quarter time: 12.8
1992 ZR-1 quarter time: 13.9
1993 ZR-1 quarter time: 13.6
1994 ZR-1 quarter time: 13.1
1995 ZR-1 quarter time: 13.1
1991 GMC Syclone quarter time: 13.06
syclone best quarter run time
list of chevy's including ZR-1 quarter times

Easy Tex.

LOVE the Syclone and all that it can do!

Because this is a ZR-1 forum, yes we do brag about our beasts..... Just like you guys do on the Syclone forum.

to an awesome truck
ZZZZZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009   #6
zr-1sr4oldmenanditalians

I don't even own a syclone, I was looking up some rare cars including the marlboro syclone for a friend and came across this forum. I just thought it was funny how the OP said 'Can you guess which one is quicker??' and Z factor said 'HMMM, that's a tough one' I was blown away how anyone could be that closed minded and just assume that their 'king of the car world' ZR-1 is faster than anything that is not a sports car. Sorry for being as abrasive as I was. I actually do like the ZR-1's. They were nice cars, and the new ones are even more badass. Brag all you want, its your right. Just tell these guys to find out the facts before they 'brag' about their car being quicker than a car that is actually quicker than theirs

Last edited by zr-1sr4oldmenanditalians; 01-25-2009 at 12:10 PM.
zr-1sr4oldmenanditalians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009   #7
GOLDCYLON

Theres always a bigger fish. Welcome to the forum we are proud of our cars here but we appreciate all fast vehicles. We try to keep in perspective that the "king" was the car in 1989 a true worldclass car faster than the lambo, ferrari and a few others at the time. Technolgy moves one just like the new ZR1. If you looking to pick a fight lol may I send you a link to the *************.com?

Welcome aboard and the truck is a nice truck as well. As this post is truck specific I have moved this over to off topic.
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V

Last edited by GOLDCYLON; 01-25-2009 at 12:39 PM.
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009   #8
RICKYRJ1

Thanks for taking the time to check out our forum. If you stay awhile you will see there are a great bunch of guys including Z-Factor lol.

Last edited by RICKYRJ1; 01-25-2009 at 12:48 PM.
RICKYRJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009   #9
flyin ryan

Believe me, i don't think ZR-1's/LT-5's are the greatest things since sliced bread, as you indicate. i build more power than they have everyday of the week. that's not the reason i own the cars i do. i've ported lots of heads for Syclone/Typhoon people. shortly there after they more often than not take the transmissions right out of them. they can make some jam. V-6 or not, it's still comes down to boost, they have it Zee's don't. hope you wake up on the 'other' side of the bed tomorrow
Old 01-25-2009   #10
PhillipsLT5

Similar car sold last year at Barrett-Jackson
Marlboro-Rick Mears, I think
PhillipsLT5 is offline   Reply With Quote