ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 Members' Rides

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-26-2024   #32
Raykahn

Default Re: 1990 #2659

Towards the end of December I approached Dempsey Anderson at Evolution Motorsport Engineering about his Dragonheart package.

The car already had a fair bit done previously. In fact the plenum and IHS were already siamesed.

However, it was an older port job that didn't quite compare to what is done today. Some of the curves in the runners were a bit rough. Port matching left a bit to be desired. While it certainly performed well, I wanted it cleaned up.

I am really happy with the results. They look great now, much higher quality than it was. You may have seen some of these posted to the FB group not too long ago.

He also did some blending to improve flow to the valves. Other parts of the package were the coolant bypass for plenum and throttle body, and pinning the secondaries open. The change to the secondaries meant a new tune. All the pieces needed to make it functional again were given back to me, just in case.

I rolled around with an AFR gauge rigged up to feed information back to him, but before we could get the new tune dialed in my starter began to die. So the car went back to him for another week and he got the starter replaced. I also bought my own AFR gauge and had him replace the vacuum gauge that was used to monitor the secondary system. I didn't like the idea of a pointless gauge, and the AFR will be useful for tweaking my tune. Which is something I wanted to get into.

Timing for all this worked well. This might be news here, but Dempsey is planning to move to Tampa and setup shop there. Probably towards the end of the year. So I was happy to get this big lift from him before he leaves. He has been tremendously helpful since I bought the car.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6126.jpg (181.6 KB, 123 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6168.jpg (157.6 KB, 122 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6170.jpg (277.7 KB, 121 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6169.jpg (158.3 KB, 122 views)

Last edited by Raykahn; 03-26-2024 at 11:58 PM.
Raykahn is offline   Reply With Quote