ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 02-25-2013   #1
Schrade

Default Delco Bose AUX Input soldered connection...

removed for copyright license issues
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]

Last edited by Schrade; 10-19-2014 at 02:08 AM.
Schrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013   #2
LancePearson

Default Re: Delco Bose AUX Input soldered connection...

Have not missed a balance control at all in such a small space. It works fine for me, Hib
[COLOR=red][I]'91 ZR-1 #00682[/I][/COLOR]
Net Registry #1461
LancePearson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013   #3
Hog

Confabulation-

1. the act of confabulating; conversation; discussion.

2. Psychiatry-the replacement of a gap in a person's memory by a falsification that he or she believes to be true.

I had to look that word up, obviously the first definition works here. It was used by XFireZ51 back in 2009 as well. Good word.

Thanks for sharing the audio work Schrade, that info could be useful to many people.
I hope you find a workaround for the CD mainboard powerup routine.

Thanks again.

peace
Hog
Hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013   #4
-=Jeff=-

with the corrected wiring on J703 does it work?

only thing I personally don't like is the fact it still spins the CD
1990 Corvette ZR-1 #1051
Watson Headers (2" Primary) - 3" Magnaflow Bullet cats - LT4 Catback
Late Model IH - Plenum
Coilovers - 4.10s
Custom Interior
NCM Lifetime Member #978
-=Jeff=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013   #5
Schrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Jeff=- View Post
with the corrected wiring on J703 does it work?

only thing I personally don't like is the fact it still spins the CD

Yes; I edited the wiring schematic to show signal intercept between headers J703, and J704.

The schematic SEEMS to indicate that my PREVIOUS intercept, between J704, and J705, are the same signal channels. THEY ARE NOT. And again, the header ID's are NOT identical on our DBose Gold.

I don't like as well the fact that the optical drive must be powered up, with a CD spinning. I have not figured out how to defeat the CD mainboard POWER signal just yet.

I asked the OP on the LS1 boards, about the power defeat, who has done a similiar mod, but I have not heard back from him. I DO believe that any attempt to do so MIGHT allow the FM/AM signal to resume, whereas it is defeated when the CD is powered up ??????

I'm sure SOMEone here has more Elec Engineering experience than I, so if you have an idea on the power defeat, with the schematic, I'm listening here...

And I still respect the knowledge and experience of the [ZipPimp]. I'm sure he knows more about my motor than do I. His OPINIONS about other hardware I still hold questionable however...
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]
Schrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013   #6
LancePearson

you have to have a sense of humor about all this. I like my Bose because it is still original and it works for me now that the amp is replaced which was failing. More than adequate sound for the times I listen and function. I don't need a balance control when it's all within 30 inches of my ears, etc. so I'm happy but....

I do have a serious audiophile friend who has his own sound meter, is discerning in ways about amps and speakers I can't even comprehend and here's what he and his serious audiophile buddies say about Bose in general: "If there are no highs and no lows, it must be Bose!" I Pass it along as humor. For me who uses the car with the Targa top in the back mostly, any serious speed means I turn the radio off anyway so it works fine and plays cd's. If I had a wish it would be to add not an ipod port as Shrade has done but a usb link which I know can be done but then I'd have to pull the cdm unit out and send it away. Way, way too much bother for me.

Have a laugh...if there are no highs, if there are no lows, it must be Bose! Actually Delco made the radio head and Bose the cdm and speaker/amps.
[COLOR=red][I]'91 ZR-1 #00682[/I][/COLOR]
Net Registry #1461
LancePearson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013   #7
-=Jeff=-

Check out the App Radio 2 or App Radio 3 (new)

I have the App Radio 2.. it works with iPhone/iPod and Android
1990 Corvette ZR-1 #1051
Watson Headers (2" Primary) - 3" Magnaflow Bullet cats - LT4 Catback
Late Model IH - Plenum
Coilovers - 4.10s
Custom Interior
NCM Lifetime Member #978
-=Jeff=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013   #8
binghamtone

Schrade,
I don't have a complete schematic for the inside of the head unit, but I'm now thinking you may need to add a small amount of circuitry to defeat the CD "on" while still selecting the shared audio input from your added jack. I searched the web unsuccessfully for any schematics or even block diagrams of the head unit innards - I am leaning towards getting a spare head unit on one of these forums or eBay to use as an experimental unit.
binghamtone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013   #9
Benijeep

And as I think further, the power defeat could NOT be as simple as re-routing the existing [switch] ground to the input jack ground, because it then would no longer be a switch, and the CD wouldn't play.

But POSSIBLY routing the CD switch POWER, THROUGH the input jack...

I need hands on. *&)^%@
???[/QUOTE]

OK, but it is grounded or not wire #1, where is it connected on the Radio head?
Benijeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013   #10
Benijeep

[QUOTE=Schrade;182159]Welcome onto the boards there Benijeep...

Is yours a Z? Or base model?

Thanks for the welcome,
This is my first Corvette, it is a Base 40th Ruby Red 1993. Sold my '50 Chevy for it, so were happy, (my son & I)
and thanks for the fast answer,
So just for asking, as in the picture with the switch and the welds, is 1 & 4 conected or is it a shadow of the ground on #1 (post#1)
On Post #3 can't see where the splice / connection is.

sorry for asking it may look simple when I get the radio apart, but as I see this you did a great job on the Post.
again Thanks
Ray
Benijeep is offline   Reply With Quote