ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

View Poll Results: Interested In Windshield Protection?
Yes, I would be interested in the windshield "screen saver" for roughly $200 9 56.25%
No I am not interested at all. 4 25.00%
Maybe??? 3 18.75%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-30-2013   #1
Racinfan83

Default Interested in windshield protection?

I posted in the technical section wondering if there were any kind of windshield protection films out there - since our original windshields are so rare and expensive. Well - I did some looking on my own and found a product that does just that. It is a clear film that is applied to the outside of the windshield basically like window tint is applied on the inside. This stuff is optically clear, is resistant to scratches from the wipers unless you use them to "dry wipe" the windshield of course - and the company has a product that you apply to the film that works like Rain-X. It is the same stuff that is used for clear "screen savers" on phones. They put it on an I-Phone and shot it with a .410 shotshell and the glass didn't crack. It has been used on fleet vehicles in several harsh locations with good results. They have a pre-made one for Chevy Tahoes that sells for $156 complete with installation kit and formula. They say it is best to have a professional tinter install it - not exactly sure what that would cost you.

NOW - what I need to know is how much interest there is in these. The Co pres e-mailed me and said they would buy a windshield in order to get the product fit correctly - so they would obviously need an idea how many products they could sell before doing that.
SO - I am posting this here and on the CF. If you reply to one - please don't reply on the other so I can get some kind of a number. Thank You!
[CENTER][COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=4][I][B] **Now Sold** 1990 ZR-1 #2093, Black on Black..[/B][/I][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
Racinfan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013   #2
-=Jeff=-

Default Re: Interested in windshield protection?

I already have a regular windshield so no interest here
1990 Corvette ZR-1 #1051
Watson Headers (2" Primary) - 3" Magnaflow Bullet cats - LT4 Catback
Late Model IH - Plenum
Coilovers - 4.10s
Custom Interior
NCM Lifetime Member #978
-=Jeff=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013   #3
mike100

I have to say that I sometimes wish I could catch a stone so I could get a fresh new regular C4 windshield. I appreciate the oem solar ray part, but not so much that I want to worry about it or spend half again as much to protect it as it cost to get a new regular one.
mike100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013   #4
Fully Vetted

Is it safe to assume that radar detectors - I mean garage door openers, ahem - will still work through the cutout or will they manufacture them with the cutout in place?

1994 AB/Grey #141

430 RWHP/392 RWTQ

FBI Lyposuction / Secondaries relieved of duty / SW Long Tube Headers / Corsa Exhaust / FIC SS Injectors / MSD Coils / Lightweight Pulleys / Corey tuned
B & M Shifter / Aluminum Flywheel / Samco Hoses / Shelby Series One's / C4 No Flex Frame Stiffener

BBC - Bling By Carter:
Custom ZR-1 Center Caps / Custom Plenum Plate / Air Box Knobs / TB Cover / Oil Filter Cover
Fully Vetted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013   #5
BigJohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fully Vetted View Post
Is it safe to assume that radar detectors - I mean garage door openers, ahem - will still work through the cutout or will they manufacture them with the cutout in place?
What?

BigJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013   #6
Fully Vetted

The solar cutout in front of the driver on the ZR-1 windshields is what I'm referring to. Are these tear offs going to cover that or match it?

1994 AB/Grey #141

430 RWHP/392 RWTQ

FBI Lyposuction / Secondaries relieved of duty / SW Long Tube Headers / Corsa Exhaust / FIC SS Injectors / MSD Coils / Lightweight Pulleys / Corey tuned
B & M Shifter / Aluminum Flywheel / Samco Hoses / Shelby Series One's / C4 No Flex Frame Stiffener

BBC - Bling By Carter:
Custom ZR-1 Center Caps / Custom Plenum Plate / Air Box Knobs / TB Cover / Oil Filter Cover
Fully Vetted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013   #7
Racinfan83

I would assume they would not have the cut out for that like our tint shield does. The guy told me that any type of sensor would work with the film since it is optically clear - so I would guess our devices would work just fine...LOL

I am just gauging interest - no hard feelings either way. All comments welcome! Don't think there is anything in it for me other then getting the chance to get one on mine if they do it...
[CENTER][COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=4][I][B] **Now Sold** 1990 ZR-1 #2093, Black on Black..[/B][/I][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
Racinfan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013   #8
vettn71

Absolutely

Jim
vettn71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013   #9
RHanselman

Yep...
Founding Member #80
CM Lifetime Member #1093

1991 #383 Twin Turbo
1993 #099 Ruby, Jeal 368 w/Snake Skinner body
1961 White with Red Int
RHanselman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013   #10
gbrtng

Maybe with qualifications ... I would want to see the installed product first. Is this
cleartastic?