ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Corvette > Corvette Audio/Electronics

Old 08-19-2006   #1
evl_twn

Default CD player sticking?

I just bought my Z last month, and I hadn't tried to load a CD until the road trip home. It was then that I discovered that the CD player is not well! It loaded the CD, but did not show "cd in" or try to spin it up that I could hear. Then, it wouldn't eject! After a few hours of listening to nothing but the Borla (not bad under acceleration, but pretty boring when on the interstate ) I shut everything back down and tried it again. After much fiddling, I finally got the CD out and got the radio to come back on again but the CD player is still not working. This car was driven very little in the last 7 years, and this was probably the first time the CD player was used since the Clinton administration. I might go ahead and pull the unit out of the dash and take it apart to see if there's just something stuck, but has anyone had a problem like this before? I think I'd rather give it a go before sending it somewhere for a big $$$ repair if it's something I can take care of myself.
evl_twn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006   #2
bobbyhi

Default Re: CD player sticking?

Had mine done by Dr. Don's in Texas. Did a great job and at a very reasonable price. Same problem as yours!!!
1990 #2405 White/Gray
Haibeck chip,4:09 gears,Power Effects Exhaust,5 spoke chrome,C5 brakes,49th Street rockers,K&N,Hurst,Headers,Upper & lower ported

Minnesota State Director
Founding Member #19
bobbyhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009   #3
Dynomite

Default Re: CD player sticking?

I had mine done by Gary Neese in Texas......sent him my 1991 Bose as a $100 core and he rebuilt the CD player completely.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Corve...fAudioQ5fVideo
Dynomite is offline   Reply With Quote