ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Club Regional Areas > Southwest Region

Old 04-03-2013   #1
Fully Vetted

Default Texas caravan to BG

I am putting together a caravan to BG for the Texas group. Post up if you want to join and what day you prefer to leave. We can leave either Tuesday with maybe a layover in Little Rock or Wednesday and drive straight through. Personally, I would prefer a Tuesday departure. That would leave some wiggle room if something unexpected happens. But, I'll do whatever the group wants to do.

Some of you guys down south that won't be coming through Dallas maybe could meet us in Texarkana or at the layover in Little Rock. Maybe some of the Arkansas boys would like to join at that point as well.

We're only 6 weeks out so let's start planning.

Also, I'm thinking of doing a Texas meet somewhere towards the end of the month. I had mentioned before about meeting in Hico. It's right in the middle of the state but this is a huge state. I'm open for suggestions there as well. Let me know if this is something you guys would like to do and I'll start putting it together.

1994 AB/Grey #141

430 RWHP/392 RWTQ

FBI Lyposuction / Secondaries relieved of duty / SW Long Tube Headers / Corsa Exhaust / FIC SS Injectors / MSD Coils / Lightweight Pulleys / Corey tuned
B & M Shifter / Aluminum Flywheel / Samco Hoses / Shelby Series One's / C4 No Flex Frame Stiffener

BBC - Bling By Carter:
Custom ZR-1 Center Caps / Custom Plenum Plate / Air Box Knobs / TB Cover / Oil Filter Cover

Last edited by Fully Vetted; 04-03-2013 at 04:06 PM.
Fully Vetted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013   #2
boostedmaxPSI

Default Re: Texas caravan to BG

I'm in!

I can do either day. I think the rest of the group should get a head start if you're driving that monster.

Hico sounds great as well.

Thanks for taking the lead on this. We are all busy but before we know it, BG will be here! Need to plan now!

FS
1992 Callaway SuperNatural 435 Aerobody (sold)

For Sale:
boostedmaxPSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013   #3
boostedmaxPSI

..... On second thought.

How about an alternate route up to I40 and meet up with some folks coming in from N.M and Colo. if there re any.

FS
1992 Callaway SuperNatural 435 Aerobody (sold)

For Sale:
boostedmaxPSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013   #4
Fully Vetted

We may be picking up some Arkansas folks but I'm open for anything.

1994 AB/Grey #141

430 RWHP/392 RWTQ

FBI Lyposuction / Secondaries relieved of duty / SW Long Tube Headers / Corsa Exhaust / FIC SS Injectors / MSD Coils / Lightweight Pulleys / Corey tuned
B & M Shifter / Aluminum Flywheel / Samco Hoses / Shelby Series One's / C4 No Flex Frame Stiffener

BBC - Bling By Carter:
Custom ZR-1 Center Caps / Custom Plenum Plate / Air Box Knobs / TB Cover / Oil Filter Cover
Old 02-18-2014   #5
Fully Vetted

I'm sure it's a little early but I'd like to start the chatter on a Texas to BG caravan. Post up if it's something you think you might want to do.

1994 AB/Grey #141

430 RWHP/392 RWTQ

BBC - Bling By Carter:
Old 02-25-2014   #6
USAZR1

A small group of us used to meet in Greenville at the McDonalds along I-30. We convoyed together and sometimes spent the night in East Memphis,before journeying on to BG.

I try to stay off I-40 as much as I can,especially in a Corvette. The expansion strips on that highway will drive you nuts.
1994 ZR-1 White/Red #152 (sold)
1991 ZR-1 Callaway Aerobody #1332 (sold)
1990 ZR-1 Red/Red #952 (sold)
2002 Z06 Torch Red/Mod Red widebody
USAZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014   #7
Fully Vetted

Greenville is 30 mins from me. I'd like to see about 5-6 of us at least. Just don't let boostedmaxPSI lead in his Callaway. You will not get around him unless he grants you permission. Actually, I did get around him once. He held it at 50 mph and I dropped off about 6-8 car links. I then hammered it and he didn't touch the throttle until I was even with him. When I passed him I was doing like 85-90 if I remember correctly. Within 5 secs he was coming around me like I was chained to the ground and I was showing almost 140. That was a fun trip. Frank, are you going to make it this year?

1994 AB/Grey #141

430 RWHP/392 RWTQ

BBC - Bling By Carter:
Old 03-02-2014   #8
Vette Guy

David,

I'll be coming up your way with truck and trailer on Tuesday - I plan to be in BG Wednesday afternoon.... Little Rock or Memphis works well.

Mark
91 ZR-1 #2016
95 ZR-1 #21 DRM-600, LPE 385
Vette Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014   #9
Fully Vetted

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAZR1 View Post
A small group of us used to meet in Greenville at the McDonalds along I-30. We convoyed together and sometimes spent the night in East Memphis,before journeying on to BG.

I try to stay off I-40 as much as I can,especially in a Corvette. The expansion strips on that highway will drive you nuts.
To be honest, I didn't notice I-40 as being bad last year.

1994 AB/Grey #141

430 RWHP/392 RWTQ

BBC - Bling By Carter:
Old 03-02-2014   #10
RHanselman

I'm not sure yet on plans. I'd like to do the Mountain Run again this year but I haven't made up my mind. If I don't, I'll leave Tuesday for sure. I may have a truck and trailer but you never know... Just depends on what car I take. If I can find another driver I might take two.
Founding Member #80
CM Lifetime Member #1093

1991 #383 Twin Turbo
1993 #099 Ruby, Jeal 368 w/Snake Skinner body
1961 White with Red Int
RHanselman is offline   Reply With Quote