ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 04-11-2018   #1
TX '90 ZR1

Default Sealed, Shined & Driven !

Still working out the bucket list.
Installed new rear hatch weatherstrip. I used one with the moulded corners and it worked well. (Pic #1)
Shined again with 2nd coat of Meguiare's Gold Class paste wax. This is just topping off numerous other processes. (Pic #2)
And then, of course, I took it for a drive!! (Forgot to get pic?) Seems like it really likes to get out and exercise, and of course, I am more than willing to oblige!
A rule I have established is that for every project I complete, we get to go for a ride. Works for me, and the car responds affirmatively.
Next up?
Still on the list:
Bladder pumps.
Radio receiver (or whatever that box under the dash is called). I keep putting this one off. Who needs a radio??
Air bag sensor on passenger side grounding. (already did the drivers side).
The more I think about it, I may just go for another drive.

z040918-3.jpg

z041018-2.jpg
1990 #442
TX '90 ZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018   #2
Reichert

Default Re: Sealed, Shined & Driven !

Hey Kenny, have you done anything about UV/heat protection through the solar glass? Preparing for the Texas summer, I just got my windows tinted today (limo tinted the rear hatch!) but I only have a solar roof, which doesn't seem to block much heat.

I was looking at these static cling solar shades:
https://www.zip-corvette.com/84-96-s...olarshade.html
https://www.corvettemods.com/C4-Corv...k_p_10857.html

Not sure how effective they are.

BTW, the paint/finish looks amazing!
Reichert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018   #3
TX '90 ZR1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reichert View Post
Hey Kenny, have you done anything about UV/heat protection through the solar glass? Preparing for the Texas summer, I just got my windows tinted today (limo tinted the rear hatch!) but I only have a solar roof, which doesn't seem to block much heat.

I was looking at these static cling solar shades:
https://www.zip-corvette.com/84-96-s...olarshade.html
https://www.corvettemods.com/C4-Corv...k_p_10857.html

Not sure how effective they are.

BTW, the paint/finish looks amazing!
Reichert:
Thanks for the compliment. Rub them and they will shine!! (Especially the RED ones. You know they are the fastest too)
I've got both tops, but leave the painted one on most of the time. Personally, I prefer the look and the glass roof does transmit a lot of heat, even in the cooler weather.
Never been much a fan of the tinting, but it is probably better now than when I had experience with it.
Don't know about the solar shades. Makes sense they should help.
Might put out the word you are looking for a solid top. I have no issues keeping the inside comfortable when I have my solid top on.
If I recall, you are in the Austin area? I go to Waco regularly. Might try to meet up some time.
Have a Great One.
1990 #442
Old 04-11-2018   #4
Reichert

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX '90 ZR1 View Post
Never been much a fan of the tinting, but it is probably better now than when I had experience with it.
Tint technology is really great now - modern tints have a nice smokey shade and won't fade, crack, turn purple, etc. UV and heat reduction is great - highly recommend for our hot summers. I'll post some pics in a week or so after I finish my own paint restoration project.

Quote:
Don't know about the solar shades. Makes sense they should help.
Might put out the word you are looking for a solid top. I have no issues keeping the inside comfortable when I have my solid top on.
Yeah unfortunately mine wasn't ordered with both tops. I'm not ready to pay another ~$1k for a solid top. But you're right, maybe there's a forum member willing to part with one for less.

Quote:
If I recall, you are in the Austin area? I go to Waco regularly. Might try to meet up some time.
I live in Round Rock, work in Austin. Let me know next time you're driving through!
1990 #2288
Reichert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018   #5
USAFPILOT

I just installed the same hatch seal last week, it looks like it should hold up way better. Time will tell.
1994 #293 ZR-1 Stainless Works Long Tube Headers, B&B catback w/ X-Pipe, 18" Shelby Series One Wheels, SLP CAI.
USAFPILOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018   #6
TX '90 ZR1

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFPILOT View Post
I just installed the same hatch seal last week, it looks like it should hold up way better. Time will tell.
USAFPILOT:
All the dimensions seemed to be good. Corners went in really well. I lubed it up really well but still had a bit of "pulling" on the passenger side. After a couple of days it seems it is finding "home". I think after it sets in everything will be good.
I take from your handle you served? I salute you!
1990 #442
Old 04-13-2018   #7
DRM500RUBYZR-1

Quote:
USAFPILOT:
All the dimensions seemed to be good. Corners went in really well. I lubed it up really well but still had a bit of "pulling" on the passenger side. After a couple of days it seems it is finding "home". I think after it sets in everything will be good.
I take from your handle you served? I salute you!
Refer to post #21

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...t-kinda-2.html

Marty
DRM500RUBYZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote