ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 06-06-2004   #1
Walter L. Dukes

Default Smiles per Gallon?

Last month I made a round trip from Hmailton, MT to Boulder, CO in my 1991 ZR-1. We turned over 50,000 happy miles on the odometer somewhere along the return route, which included a bit of heavy rain and about four miles of three inches of wet and greasy snow between Pinedale and Jackson, WY. Between Rock Springs, WY and Hamilton, MT the car averaged 31.0 mpg despite having to gear down for the snow and both Teton and Lost Trail passes. Also had to drop off the 70 mph cruise control for a variety of smaller towns and bergs including Jackson, WY, Rexberg, ID and Salmon, ID. I also confess hitting 90 mph getting around a slow moving Ford of some sort... Mustang maybe?

Is kind of gas milage uncommon?
Old 06-13-2004   #2
WB9MCW

NO WALTER A LOT OF GUYS REPORT 28MPG EVEN WHILE OUT ON WAX PATROL U KNOW "SLOW FORDS" HOGGIN THE LEFT LANE DID I MENTION MY DAILY DRIVER IS A BLUE OVAL :!: THE DARK METALLIC RED 84 IS 4 SALE!!!!!
"The Budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome will become bankrupt. People must again learn to work instead of living on public assistance." - Cicero, 55 BC
" We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln
WB9MCW is offline   Reply With Quote