ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1s and ZR-1 Parts For Sale/Wanted

Old 01-20-2017   #31
Roadster

Default Re: 1990 ZR-1 #1322

I hear you Ed, there were also times my re-sales did not work out as much as I would have liked. I guess because I am a lot older now, the most important item besides family is that I can now God willing, start to enjoy more the ownership of the Vettes I have.
Now being retired, it is becoming a reality. Not to interested in additional mods on the Z, as the $$$ have being going to the 74. Although I will keep up with regular maintenance like as soon as tomorrow with the plenum pull. As long as the LT5 continues to run as good as it has or better, I am a happy guy.
Hope your Z06 is working out for you. and you have it for a very long time. As I always say, besides the C4 ZR-1, the C5 Z06 are both the buys of the decade.
Enjoy your Z to the fullest Ed, you deserve it!!!

1994 ZR-1 #009 "captured test fleet car"
1974 LS4 454 Vert
1982 L83 CFI...now a retired "dd"....Sold

WAZOO Member
Roadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017   #32
8cam

Didn't mean to start a debate. But I do think the ZR-1 doesn't get the respect it deserves in the collector car world. However, I'm not a collector I'm a driver. And the ZR-1 is without a doubt one of the best-driving cars I have ever owned. From multi-hundred mile road trips, to autocrosses and track work, to running to Home Depot, it's a phenomenal multi-tasker.

Besides, as long as values stay low I'll be able to get another one in the not too distant future!
'90 ZR-1 #1322 Daily Driver, 64k and counting
Black/Gray
[IMG]http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb49/mlitherland/IMG_0326_zps3d50d8cb.jpg[/IMG]
8cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017   #33
Hog

Mark, from reading your posts here at the ZR1.Net, forums it really sounded like you really enjoyed driving your ZR-1. So much so that IIRC you were even daily driving it for a period of time.

I will never forget your tree pollen pics. (I think it was tree pollen.) Please keep us filled in on your travels.
My Uncle got a 1983 coach about 10 years ago. It has the Detroit Diesel 8V-71.
He and my Aunt travel all across Canada and the USA. They really enjoy it, as I'm sure you will as well.

ZR-1 Net Registry Member #1494
Hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017   #34
edram454

Tom, Enjoy your retirement and enjoy your z. If I would have lived closer to one of the gurus in our zr1 community I would not have sold my car. I just lived too far away and truck freight charges scared me away. This is the time to enjoy your life and enjoy the fruits of your labor. Enjoy in good health.

edram454

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadster View Post
I hear you Ed, there were also times my re-sales did not work out as much as I would have liked. I guess because I am a lot older now, the most important item besides family is that I can now God willing, start to enjoy more the ownership of the Vettes I have.
Now being retired, it is becoming a reality. Not to interested in additional mods on the Z, as the $$$ have being going to the 74. Although I will keep up with regular maintenance like as soon as tomorrow with the plenum pull. As long as the LT5 continues to run as good as it has or better, I am a happy guy.
Hope your Z06 is working out for you. and you have it for a very long time. As I always say, besides the C4 ZR-1, the C5 Z06 are both the buys of the decade.
Enjoy your Z to the fullest Ed, you deserve it!!!

1990 #3028..siamese ported plen/hous/SGC/fidanza/DRM LTHeaders/DRM roll cage/camber rod/drilled slot rotors hawk track pads/grand sport calipers/full corsa exhaust/Hurst/NO cats/custom SGC chip/cbeamplate/315's on all 4/intake water plugged/smog removed..RC injectors/LED lights..SHOULD NOT HAVE PUT ALL THE MONEY IN IT.. SOLD.
edram454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017   #35
lfalzarano

Totally agree. Wanted it because it was a ZR-1 and is fun to drive. It kicks butt and takes names!
lfalzarano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017   #36
8cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog View Post
Mark, from reading your posts here at the ZR1.Net, forums it really sounded like you really enjoyed driving your ZR-1. So much so that IIRC you were even daily driving it for a period of time.

I will never forget your tree pollen pics. (I think it was tree pollen.) Please keep us filled in on your travels.
My Uncle got a 1983 coach about 10 years ago. It has the Detroit Diesel 8V-71.
He and my Aunt travel all across Canada and the USA. They really enjoy it, as I'm sure you will as well.
It was my daily driver from day one until the day I sold it, with a little time off early on for maintenance items and the last month or so since we bought the coach. I've had lots of interesting daily drivers through the years, Porsches (911, 951, 928x2, 914x2), BMW (535, 525, M3), MINI JCW, several Rx-7s and Z-cars, Mercedes, Jeep and Subaru...and the ZR-1 just might be the best one of them all. It's at least tied with the 911, and a totally different car so it's hard to compare.

It says a lot that I owned and loved a Ferrari 308 GTB for six years, and I miss the ZR-1 more.
'90 ZR-1 #1322 Daily Driver, 64k and counting
Black/Gray
[IMG]http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb49/mlitherland/IMG_0326_zps3d50d8cb.jpg[/IMG]
8cam is offline   Reply With Quote