ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 10-31-2011   #1
USAFPILOT

Default SW headers on the Way!

Just ordered a shiny new set of headers for the beast. Anyone that has some good tips and tricks to offer me for the install would be much appreciated. They have a couple different sets to choose from and I went with the ZR1CORVCAT setup. It looked like a real long tube, where their factory connection setup looks shorter. I am hoping the pipes that would be intended to reach their resonator will line up into my B&B X-pipe...if not I guess I will be making one trip across town with headers only.

I saw another thread mentioning removing the air pump system or something. I'm not sure if I can get away with that in Houston or not. Thats also why I went with cats, because I do get hooked up to the sniffer.

Last edited by USAFPILOT; 10-31-2011 at 05:30 PM.
USAFPILOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011   #2
HAWAIIZR-1

Default Re: SW headers on the Way!

Great choice. I wish they had all these options when I bought mine years ago. I'm still trying to figure out how to put cats on mine as I have the off road version. ZR1CORV3/8

Hit up Paul W if you want the oil dipstick bracket. You should have no problem bolting up this system.
1995 #228 Black/Black with Dunn Heads
ZR-1 owner since September 2003
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #0074
NCM Lifetime Member #2048

HAWAIIZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011   #3
ittlfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFPILOT View Post
Just ordered a shiny new set of headers for the beast. Anyone that has some good tips and tricks to offer me for the install would be much appreciated. They have a couple different sets to choose from and I went with the ZR1CORVCAT setup. It looked like a real long tube, where their factory connection setup looks shorter. I am hoping the pipes that would be intended to reach their resonator will line up into my B&B X-pipe...if not I guess I will be making one trip across town with headers only.

I saw another thread mentioning removing the air pump system or something. I'm not sure if I can get away with that in Houston or not. Thats also why I went with cats, because I do get hooked up to the sniffer.
If you have a ''visual'' to pass along with the sniffer test, then you will flunk if you remove the air pump and its piping. That system is used to get the cats hotter quicker via the pump, check valves and tubes off the OEM headers. If your new LT have the air pipe hook ups installed, you are all set. If not then it dependes if you need the set up for the AIR visual inspection.
Old 10-31-2011   #4
ScottZ95ZR1

Quote:
Your AIR injection system can't be made functional unless you ordered headers to include the AIR tubes, unless of course you have someone local modify the headers to add them. If it were me and I had to retain the AIR, I'd want the tubes installed by SW to ensure they stand behind their warranty as far as fitment goes.

Hopefully you won't have to keep the system - but I'd sure decide now before SW ships yours out without tubes.
ScottZ95ZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011   #5
USAFPILOT

huh...figures something would be missing. I guess I will find out tomorrow when I call them. They must have closed up shop already today. I guess if they shipped me the system without air tubes I will go without it and see what happens. I don't remember my emission tester guys ever looking for the AIR system...maybe, maybe not.

Last edited by USAFPILOT; 10-31-2011 at 06:07 PM.
Old 10-31-2011   #6
ittlfly

Quote:
huh...figures something would be missing. I guess I will find out tomorrow when I call them. They must have closed up shop already today. I guess if they shipped me the system without air tubes I will go without it and see what happens. I don't remember my emission tester guys ever looking for the AIR system...maybe, maybe not.
The quick answer is give them a call and ask if a visual is part of the emissions testing......
Old 10-31-2011   #7
sammy

you can send them to mark haibeck to have the tubes installed .i think he charges 300 to do that
sammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011   #8
tomtom72

Don't forget the EGR connection on the passenger side header, if you have to pass a visual exam you need that also.

Tom
1990 ZR-1, Black/grey, #2233, stock. ZR-1 Net Reg Founding Member #316 & NCM member
tomtom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011   #9
USAFPILOT

Yeah they said they are going to have the EGR tube and they added the air system for me for a little more $$$, wallet hurting.
Old 11-01-2011   #10
bobbyhi

Quote:
Yeah they said they are going to have the EGR tube and they added the air system for me for a little more $$$, wallet hurting.
You're just getting started with $$$$$....
1990 #2405 White/Gray
Haibeck chip,4:09 gears,Power Effects Exhaust,5 spoke chrome,C5 brakes,49th Street rockers,K&N,Hurst,Headers,Upper & lower ported

Minnesota State Director
Founding Member #19
bobbyhi is offline   Reply With Quote