ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 01-24-2022   #11
WARP TEN

Default Re: Coolant leak at quick connect repair tips please

Quote:
Originally Posted by billschroeder5842 View Post
***UPDATE***

I got a pressure tester from the parts house and confirmed that it was the heat hose leaking at the quick connect. I attacked the situation from the top of the engine loosing the water pipes on the top along with the AC condenser to get enough room o put a hand on the fitting.

Once the fitting was out I discovered that the end of the male fitting was corroded and broken off so much so that there was no way to have it seal correctly. I decided to go another route and took out the quick connect fitting and replaced it with a standard water heater nipple. A Dremel took care of the crimped end of the hose and i replaced it with a rubber hose and two worm clamps. Everything went back together straight forward and there are no more leaks.

All totalled it was a 3.5 hour project with the bulk of the time spent running to the parts store twice and a stop for beers.

Glad you got it fixed, Bill. And in pretty good time, given the always needed runs for parts and beer. On my projects I also extend the needed time by having to redo so many things because of mistakes on my part. --Bob
2016 Long Beach Red Z06 #10281 "POPS Z"
1995 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN"--Haibeck 350/510 package, 4.10s, Hurst, Stock Exhaust with QTP Cutouts
--Sold but still running strong
1993 Quasar Blue #161 "HIL KING"
--Sold but still running strong, now with more than 120,000 miles
1967 Marlboro Maroon/Saddle Corvette Coupe 300 hp/4-spd
--Sold a long time ago
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #95
NCM Lifetime Member
Favorite Quote--Attributed to Mickey Thompson:
"Too Much Horsepower is Almost Enough"
WARP TEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022   #12
1991 Corvette ZR-1

Default Re: Coolant leak at quick connect repair tips please

Still wondering if anyone found a solution to the entire assembly needing replacement? Are parts that are small diameter hard lines essential? Thinking for future reference when I will have to replace it that it should not be a problem to just run coolant hose the entire length as needed to the coolant tank.
1991 Corvette ZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote