ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Club Regional Areas > Northeast Region

Old 04-07-2013   #1
Mystic ZR-1

Default NE Group Maintenance Day Sat May 4

A "maintenance day" (Beasts Of the North East, BONE MD? OK, let's hear the Urologist jokes...) is scheduled for Saturday May 4th (rain or shine) at Bob Lyle's house/garage in Loudon NH, not far from the NH International Speedway.
We're gonna help him pull his plenum to replace the fuel injectors and see if we can help solve his driveability problems. Bob says he'll "break out the barbie"! Munchie and beveridge donations are more than welcome!
Let's make this a NE Group GTG all are welcome, we've already got a few members of the "Brotherhood" signed up!
You don't have to get your hands dirty if you don't want to, supervisors, critics and Peanut Gallery participants are encouraged! This will be a good oppurtunity to be involved in the ZR-1 "Rite of Passage" and a good learning experience for everyone, not to mention helping out someone in the "Brotherhood"
Directions to Bob's and further details to follow.
Please post up or PM if you think you can make it!

Also, we've got a tentative BONE GTG scheduled for Sunday June 2nd same place as the March GTG in Windsor CT, were gonna try to make a "road tour" part of the event so it might start a little earlier than than last time. Stay tuned for details.

And, it's not too early to start planning for:
ZR-1 BONE GTG, Saturday July 6th @ Lime Rock Park, Northeast Grand Prix ALMS race/Corvette Corral. Watch the C6Rs kick some butt! Details to follow, keep in mind tickets for the Corvette Corral must be purchased in advance

Doug
dmarshall2003@comcast.net
c 860-287-9923
Mystic ZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013   #2
efnfast

Default Re: NE Group Maintenance Day Sat May 4

Doug, I'm in for the learning experience. I'll bring some steak tips for the carnivors. -Steve
efnfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013   #3
tomtom72

sorry I'm late! I was busy in the engine room.

I'm "IN" on this one. It's already marked on my calendar.

I'll bring my scanner & tools.....do we need me to bring anything else? Gasket set? Coils? Better make a list of the tools we would like to have on hand, no?

Tom
1990 ZR-1, Black/grey, #2233, stock. ZR-1 Net Reg Founding Member #316 & NCM member
tomtom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013   #4
tomtom72

okay here's my list of stuff that I could bring if they are not in the tool box at the car's location. This is just stuff to cover all the bases as I remember. It's been a while since I pulled a plenum. I can bring the entire list if needed.

scanner, long torx bits, fuel pres gauge w/ pres. dump, T/Q wrench, permatex blue, blue loc-tite, hand impact driver & bits just in case the water tube bolts are a PIA, patented injector rail removal tool, picks for O-rings, dielectric grease, my gasket set just in case, gasket scraper, scrubbing pad & brass brush, contact cleaner ( for the obvious reasons ), throttle body cleaner, my FSM set, my "go bag", and some shop rags.
Sorry, I don't have any spare injectors!
Any body think of anything else?

Tom
1990 ZR-1, Black/grey, #2233, stock. ZR-1 Net Reg Founding Member #316 & NCM member
Old 04-11-2013   #5
BigJohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom72 View Post
okay here's my list of stuff that I could bring if they are not in the tool box at the car's location. This is just stuff to cover all the bases as I remember. It's been a while since I pulled a plenum. I can bring the entire list if needed.

scanner, long torx bits, fuel pres gauge w/ pres. dump, T/Q wrench, permatex blue, blue loc-tite, hand impact driver & bits just in case the water tube bolts are a PIA, patented injector rail removal tool, picks for O-rings, dielectric grease, my gasket set just in case, gasket scraper, scrubbing pad & brass brush, contact cleaner ( for the obvious reasons ), throttle body cleaner, my FSM set, my "go bag", and some shop rags.
Sorry, I don't have any spare injectors!

Tom

Wings???

BigJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013   #6
batchman

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom72 View Post
With that tool kit appearing, should I bring a 2nd car to crack open LOL?
Half-serious but would love to see the surgery as I'm undoubtedly *next*.

Cheers,
- Jeff
[I]91 ZR-1 #1840, autocrossing in SCCA BSP. FIC S/S's
DRM chip/Watson/Borla/lid/LW batt&headlights,
springs, shocks, pads & lines, quick rack & Turn One,
camber brace, 32/22mm sways, A/C halfway deleted
17x11 & 12 CCW's, 315 & 335 Hoosier A6s

[/I]
batchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013   #7
efnfast

Jeff, yo coming? If I had the money, I'd bring injectors for my car that day and make it a twofer. Bob says he has room in the garage for two cars. -Steve
efnfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013   #8
tomtom72

Do you guys, Jeff & Steve, have your replacement injectors??? Bring them! We can do your cars while Doug does Bob's car. The way I understand it now that Jerry's Gaskets and FIC are collaborating you have simple one stop shopping. That makes it so easy to get everything to do an injector swap.

Tom
Old 04-13-2013   #9
tomtom72

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn View Post
Wings???

Now that sounds like a good idea!
Old 04-13-2013   #10
batchman

Don't think I need injectors but will admit it'd be awesome to get a Z-brutha set of eyes on them. I'd think at 80k and no apparent issues they may have already been done.

What I do have is a nasty vac leak that comes and goes, a need to get the A/C compressor out, and rig something for a PCV catch can as I wind up dripping oil on grid - frowned upon to say the least.

Gotta look to see if I'm supposed to be racing that day,
- Jeff
[I]91 ZR-1 #1840, autocrossing in SCCA BSP. FIC S/S's
DRM chip/Watson/Borla/lid/LW batt&headlights,
springs, shocks, pads & lines, quick rack & Turn One,
camber brace, 32/22mm sways, A/C halfway deleted
17x11 & 12 CCW's, 315 & 335 Hoosier A6s

[/I]
batchman is offline   Reply With Quote