ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1s and ZR-1 Parts For Sale/Wanted

Old 08-29-2013   #51
tomtom72

Default Re: Ported Intake for Sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by efnfast View Post
So, if you guys are up for some help with this, I'm in.
Locobob, let's do it.
Tom, fear not. We'll feed ya well, and offer booze. Your choice whether you take it or leave it.
I'll need to gather up the rest of the stuff, so it won't be in the near future.
Anybody watching this thread got a ported airhorn for sale? No sense not doing it too.
Sounds like Delco coils are good, how 'bout wires?
a humble suggestion, by your leave sir: GM wires are fine, GM coils or it seems anything from the Summit or Jegs catalog from the aftermarket do quite nicely as do regular GM spark plugs 41-602 P/N.....on the air horn and throttle body, that can wait. I would get the important stuff : plenum and I/H's and do the T-body and air horn later.

My shopping list for you looks like this IMHO : new injectors, top end gasket set, coils, wires, Loco Bob's ported plenum & I/H's. I would consider asking Jerry about the fuel rail O-ring set that works for our gas with the alcohol in it. The next time I do my plenum pull I'm going Jerry's O-ring route....
1990 ZR-1, Black/grey, #2233, stock. ZR-1 Net Reg Founding Member #316 & NCM member
tomtom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013   #52
efnfast

Thanks Tom, I think I'll wait on the throttle body and horn 'till the heads are done.
Injectors may come from Jerry, he has the FIC's. I've also got a line on another set of the same that were bought by someone and never used.
Coils and wires from Jerry. Yes, I'm sure Jerry will be more than some unknown sorce, but I'd rather support Jerry than my local Chevy dearler, or flea bay.
Locobobs stuff.
Gaskets from Jerry, I have some of them.
Didn't know about fuel rail o-rings, are those the ones on the injectors?
efnfast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013   #53
tomtom72

My apologies Bob....for hi-jacking your thread.

Steve, the fuel rail O-rings are all the o-rings at all the connection points in the fuel rail piping. Just ask Jerry to point out the kit. The injectors come with all the needed O-rings to install them, the fuel rail kit is a separate part.

You are so going to love Bob's work and the results on the car! I'm envious. Hey, does your exhaust guy know how to weld stainless steel???? I need some welding done on my headers before I coat them.

Tom
1990 ZR-1, Black/grey, #2233, stock. ZR-1 Net Reg Founding Member #316 & NCM member
tomtom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013   #54
efnfast

Thanks Tom.
Yes, he knows how to weld stainless. He does beautiful work. If you bring them, I can bring them to him, then ship them down to you.
Old 08-30-2013   #55
batchman

Quote:
Originally Posted by efnfast View Post
Does my Marc H chip need reworked to support this upgrade?
Steve, one thing that may have been unclear but these IH's have no secondary butterflies so unless you've already removed yours a retune will be needed.

Congrats on taking the leap, was eying these myself but have to wait for post-season to consider this level of project.

Cheers,
- Jeff
[I]91 ZR-1 #1840, autocrossing in SCCA BSP. FIC S/S's
DRM chip/Watson/Borla/lid/LW batt&headlights,
springs, shocks, pads & lines, quick rack & Turn One,
camber brace, 32/22mm sways, A/C halfway deleted
17x11 & 12 CCW's, 315 & 335 Hoosier A6s

[/I]
batchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013   #56
A26B

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom72 View Post
Steve, the fuel rail O-rings are all the o-rings at all the connection points in the fuel rail piping. Just ask Jerry to point out the kit. The injectors come with all the needed O-rings to install them, the fuel rail kit is a separate part.........

Tom
The o-ring seals always seem to be a bit confusing, so I will see if I can make it a little bit clearer.

90~92
Originally, the 90~92 model injectors had a different external configuration, between primary & secondary. The difference only pertained to the bottom of the injector, both primary & secondary injectors flowed the same amount of fuel.

The secondary injector seals, both top (fuel rail) & bottom (injector housing), were the same small o-ring, PN 17112222, and fit into a groove on the injector, created with a thin flange.

The primary injector seals used the same o-ring seal, PN 17112222 for the TOP ONLY (at the fuel rail). The bottom seal, PN 10067600, does not install on the injector, but rather inside of the injector housing and seals on the o.d. of the injector, slightly above the bottom. The primary injector did not have a metal flange on the bottom to retain a lower o-ring like the secondary injector did.

So, in summary, a complete set of injector seals, upper & lower, consists of 24pcs PN 17112222 (small O-rings) and 8pcs PN 10067600 (large O-rings).

Today, aftermarket injectors, FIC, Accel, etc., are identical for both primary & secondary, i.e. they have the metal flange to retain an o-ring on both the top AND bottom. Herein lies the confusion for first-timers.

Typically, a new set of injectors will come with 32pcs of the small o-ring, PN 17112222 and NO, zip, zero, nada primary injector lower o-ring seals, PN 10067600. Do not install the small o-ring on the bottom of the primary injectors. it will not hurt anything, but it does not seal and serves no purpose. if it is on the primary injector already, then remove it.

93~95
Lot simpler, same o-ring seal, top & bottom for both primary & secondary injectors.

Jerry's Gaskets Combo Kits
Speaking only about Fuel Injector Maintenance Kits (we offer several different Combo Kits, depending on the work to be performed).

90~92
http://jerrysgaskets.com/store2/root...roducts_id=459

This kit contains the following;
Gaskets & seals included in this kit are as follows;
  • PN 10168684 Gasket Set, Intake Plenum
  • PN 14104675-V Seal Set, Fuel Feed & Return Pipe (VITON-A)
  • PN 17112222-24V Seal Set, U-Primary & Secondary Inj & L- Secondary Inj (VITON-A)
  • PN 10067600-V Seal Set, L-Primary Inj (VITON-A)
I have confirmed that FIC Injectors come with all new Viton o-ring SMALL seals PN 17112222, needed for either the 90~92 or 93~95. They DO NOT come with the primary injector lower seal.

I have not been able to confirm whether the o-ring seals on other aftermarket injectors are Buna-N or Viton. We strongly recommend using Viton over Buna-N when ethanol blended gasoline is used, E10, E15 ,etc.

IF new injectors are being installed, and they are furnished with new o-ring seals of a suitable material, then there is significant savings in ordering just what you need as opposed to the Combo Kit listed above. There is no need to purchase a kit that has 24pcs PN 17112222 if they come with the injectors. Instead, buy the remaining individual items separately.

93~95
http://jerrysgaskets.com/store2/root...roducts_id=455

Same as for 90~92 above..... if you are buying new injectors From FIC, no need to buy the Combo Kit. The O-rings that come with the injectors are Viton and ready to install. Save money, do not buy the Combo Kit, just order the remaining items separately.

I hope this helps to shed some light on the different styles of injectors and the seal configuration, as well as different seal materials. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.
1994 ZR-1, Black/Black, Lingenfelter Aerobody, 416cu in, 3.91 gears, coil-over susp, Brembo brakes, etc.
2016 Black-Red, 3LT-Z51 Auto 8-speed.

Last edited by A26B; 08-30-2013 at 03:06 PM.
A26B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013   #57
A26B

Quote:
Originally Posted by batchman View Post
Steve, one thing that may have been unclear but these IH's have no secondary butterflies so unless you've already removed yours a retune will be needed.........
Cheers,
- Jeff
Just an respectful FYI, Secondary port throttles (butterflies) are located in the cylinder head, not the injector housings
1994 ZR-1, Black/Black, Lingenfelter Aerobody, 416cu in, 3.91 gears, coil-over susp, Brembo brakes, etc.
2016 Black-Red, 3LT-Z51 Auto 8-speed.
A26B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013   #58
batchman

Har har har - clearly I need to take mine apart sooner rather than later!

And now I have to think about how that affects my class rules....

Thanks,
- Jeff
[I]91 ZR-1 #1840, autocrossing in SCCA BSP. FIC S/S's
DRM chip/Watson/Borla/lid/LW batt&headlights,
springs, shocks, pads & lines, quick rack & Turn One,
camber brace, 32/22mm sways, A/C halfway deleted
17x11 & 12 CCW's, 315 & 335 Hoosier A6s

[/I]
batchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013   #59
efnfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by A26B View Post
Just an respectful FYI, Secondary port throttles (butterflies) are located in the cylinder head, not the injector housings
Thanks Jerry, I was concerned I'd have to mess with the secondaries.
Old 09-20-2013   #60
efnfast

Plenum and injector housings are here. They look good, thanks Locobob.
Pulled the coolant fittings tonight, as soon as the plugs show up from summit (thanks cliff) I'll drill and tap them.
Injectors are here.
Gaskets and starter are on the way. Thanks Jerry.
Soon as everything is assembled, we'll have a party.