ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Club Regional Areas > Southwest Region

Old 02-27-2017   #11
Leroy1

Default Re: South Texas Spring GTG

I am in for Saturday only. Will bring either my wife, a friend or a friend's wife.

Either Victoria, Conroe or both.

S. Lee Sikes '91 dark red / saddle
Leroy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017   #12
Fully Vetted

We can still do the GTG on Friday night at Mike's and then plan the time to meet up Sat for the drive to Victoria. There may be some that will want to just drive straight to the event on Sat. Hopefully, that won't cannibalize the GTG Friday which will be a lot of fun just hangin', eatin' and meetin' new folks. There may be some that will only want to do Fri, also. We were going to do a drive anyway on Sat so, 32V, I think the scavenger hunt would be fun if you want to put that together. I've never done one. Stopping to eat would probably be easier than taking food. We could plan that stop along the way.

Sounds like there's def enough interest to hard code this on the calendar. Those that are def going on Fri please post up so we can arrange for food. Mike, you may want to start a list or we can start one here -

Fully Vetted +1

1994 AB/Grey #141

430 RWHP/392 RWTQ

FBI Lyposuction / Secondaries relieved of duty / SW Long Tube Headers / Corsa Exhaust / FIC SS Injectors / MSD Coils / Lightweight Pulleys / Corey tuned
B & M Shifter / Aluminum Flywheel / Samco Hoses / Shelby Series One's / C4 No Flex Frame Stiffener

BBC - Bling By Carter:
Custom ZR-1 Center Caps / Custom Plenum Plate / Air Box Knobs / TB Cover / Oil Filter Cover
Fully Vetted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017   #13
Fully Vetted

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond zr1 View Post
looks like 2 hours from Houston 2 hours from san Antonio and 5 hours from Dallas/If the Dallas folks want to come I 35 we could Caravan together/Could also put up a couple folks overnight at my place in Cibolo if anyone comes thru I 35
Joe, if it's still available my wife and I might like to stay Sat night instead of driving back.

1994 AB/Grey #141

430 RWHP/392 RWTQ

FBI Lyposuction / Secondaries relieved of duty / SW Long Tube Headers / Corsa Exhaust / FIC SS Injectors / MSD Coils / Lightweight Pulleys / Corey tuned
B & M Shifter / Aluminum Flywheel / Samco Hoses / Shelby Series One's / C4 No Flex Frame Stiffener

BBC - Bling By Carter:
Custom ZR-1 Center Caps / Custom Plenum Plate / Air Box Knobs / TB Cover / Oil Filter Cover
Old 03-02-2017   #14
MickeyD

If everyone would rather do just drive, ok with me.
1990 ZR1 Red/Black #2469
1990 ZR1 Black/Black #843
1993 ZR1 Ruby 40th Anniversary #112
MickeyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017   #15
32valvesftw

I'll look into a place to eat and the scavenger hunt. It sounds like for Saturday we may be coming from different places. So we may want a meet up point for the Houston area guys. Ill get back to you guys shortly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fully Vetted View Post
We can still do the GTG on Friday night at Mike's and then plan the time to meet up Sat for the drive to Victoria. There may be some that will want to just drive straight to the event on Sat. Hopefully, that won't cannibalize the GTG Friday which will be a lot of fun just hangin', eatin' and meetin' new folks. There may be some that will only want to do Fri, also. We were going to do a drive anyway on Sat so, 32V, I think the scavenger hunt would be fun if you want to put that together. I've never done one. Stopping to eat would probably be easier than taking food. We could plan that stop along the way.

Sounds like there's def enough interest to hard code this on the calendar. Those that are def going on Fri please post up so we can arrange for food. Mike, you may want to start a list or we can start one here -

Fully Vetted +1
32valvesftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017   #16
Fully Vetted

Well, it looks like we may need to change up the event some. A lot of people not able to make it. Since most of the interest was the drive to The Mile what do you guys think about just doing that on Sat?

1994 AB/Grey #141

430 RWHP/392 RWTQ

BBC - Bling By Carter:
Old 03-14-2017   #17
32valvesftw

I'm up for the drive to the mile or anywhere else for that matter. If we head down towards Victoria, Mikeskas BBQ in El Campo might be a good place to stop and eat lunch.
32valvesftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017   #18
MickeyD

I agree with canceling the meet here at my place. So lets make it official. It's cancelled. I'm with Don on drive. Either way i'm good. Mikeska's is excellent. They catered our wedding some 22 yrs ago and are doing my daughters graduation party in May. 200 people headed to my house. God help me...! Y'all let me know what you want to do.
1990 ZR1 Red/Black #2469
1990 ZR1 Black/Black #843
1993 ZR1 Ruby 40th Anniversary #112
MickeyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017   #19
diamond zr1

see you all at the mile/My wife and I are going down Friday am and spending the night there/driving back sat. evening/David if you and your wife decide to spend Sat. night on the road you can stay at my house/joe
diamond zr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017   #20
Fully Vetted

Thanks, Joe. I'm trying to avoid an emergency trip to Cali. I should know in a couple of days.

1994 AB/Grey #141

430 RWHP/392 RWTQ

BBC - Bling By Carter: