ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1s and ZR-1 Parts For Sale/Wanted

Old 12-30-2016   #21
Vetman

Default Re: 1990 ZR-1 #1322

Keep it!!! Voice of experience! When u get some motor home miles under your belt you will have a yearning for another z and most likely won't be able to replace yours for 17000! 6 months storage doesn't hurt a thing.
2011 cts-v 556 HP, manual 6 speed
1955 chev 2dr ht PP 265 3 speed w/OD
Vetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016   #22
8cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vetman View Post
Keep it!!! Voice of experience! When u get some motor home miles under your belt you will have a yearning for another z and most likely won't be able to replace yours for 17000! 6 months storage doesn't hurt a thing.
Problem is it won't be 6 months. We'll be on the road a minimum of 18 months to 2 years, and who knows maybe longer. There's so much of this country we want to see and it will take a while. Storing a car for that long just isn't good for it, but if it doesn't find a home then I'll find a place for it.
'90 ZR-1 #1322 Daily Driver, 64k and counting
Black/Gray
[IMG]http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb49/mlitherland/IMG_0326_zps3d50d8cb.jpg[/IMG]
8cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017   #23
8cam

Sold! And for my asking price, so there's a comp for you. Really sorry to see it go, has been one of my favorite cars I've ever owned.

There will be another someday.
'90 ZR-1 #1322 Daily Driver, 64k and counting
Black/Gray
[IMG]http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb49/mlitherland/IMG_0326_zps3d50d8cb.jpg[/IMG]
8cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017   #24
GOLDCYLON

Congrats. Now buy a CTS-V Tow car
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017   #25
lfalzarano

Try to loan it to NCM while you are gone?

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry
Old 01-20-2017   #26
edram454

Congrats on the sale of your car. I know its a load off your mind. Enjoy your new found freedom. You will miss the car but not the disrespect and low balling by the collector car community.

edram454

1990 #3028..siamese ported plen/hous/SGC/fidanza/DRM LTHeaders/DRM roll cage/camber rod/drilled slot rotors hawk track pads/grand sport calipers/full corsa exhaust/Hurst/NO cats/custom SGC chip/cbeamplate/315's on all 4/intake water plugged/smog removed..RC injectors/LED lights..SHOULD NOT HAVE PUT ALL THE MONEY IN IT.. SOLD.
edram454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017   #27
DRM500RUBYZR-1

I have had a ZR-1 for 25 years.

I cannot recall ever feeling that my car was ever disrespected by anybody.
There was that C-5 Z06 that thought he would leave me in his wake way back on 02, but he quickly became educated about reality.

Low-balling happens regardless of which collector car you have, or for that matter, with any car.
Low-balling works because some sellers actually take the silly offers.
Me, I just smile and say, I'll take two more at that price!

If someone does not like or appreciate my car, that is their problem, not mine, as I really do not care what they might think.
I like nearly all cars, even if they are not cool. I just like cars.
I taught my son, back when he was 5, to never say anything bad about a car out loud, but rather wait and talk to me about it later.
I have met many, many grown ups who just don't get that simple rule, and feel compelled to voice their opinions of other people's cars, many times not knowing or maybe caring, that the owner is in ear-shot.
It's not my place to fix their stupidity, although I have over the years, told a few that my son knew better than that when he was 5.

ZR-1's were special to me from the beginning.
NOTHING will ever change that; Nothing.
But that is just me.

Marty
DRM500RUBYZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017   #28
edram454

It is disrespectful when the general collector car community thinks that the zr-1's are not worth the money that they should be worth. I see thousands of cars not worthy of there lofty prices but the collector car community thinks otherwise and makes those 1972 porsche 911 (carmen ghias) worth so much more money than our zr-1's. A 1978 Smokey and the bandit trans am brings 35k with all of its 160 horse and its ridiculous girth but the public feels it has more value than our zr-1. The zr-1 is a extremely undervalued supercar but to most of the collector car community it is not. To me it is pure disrespect to the engineering feat and what it took to develop and produce this fantastic car.

As far as performance, I had a modded zr-1 and it ran very strong. Because it was modded it would walk away from a stock c5z. I now have a modded c5z and I can tell you it would take a big inch lt5 stroker to give it some competition. My zr-1 would make around 405 rwhp. My c5z makes 471 rwhp without a power adder. my goal is to add some induction work and put that total to 500 and call it a day.

At the end of the day, zr-1 and z06 are the monikers GM chose to put on its best performance cars. zr-1 was put on its most powerful street cars and the z06 was first used in 1963 as a pure track racer. Even the c5z is a track car favorite among race drivers. Most like it over the c6z because of its better balance and feel. I did feel my zr1 was very heavy around corners and now that I have a c5z to compare it too, it is no competition as to which car would be a better track car. Two very different cars but all part of the same lineage. Corvette performance.

edram454

1990 #3028..siamese ported plen/hous/SGC/fidanza/DRM LTHeaders/DRM roll cage/camber rod/drilled slot rotors hawk track pads/grand sport calipers/full corsa exhaust/Hurst/NO cats/custom SGC chip/cbeamplate/315's on all 4/intake water plugged/smog removed..RC injectors/LED lights..SHOULD NOT HAVE PUT ALL THE MONEY IN IT.. SOLD.
Old 01-20-2017   #29
Roadster

You know maybe it just comes with age, or maybe it doesn't. But all this worrying about what the collector car people or hobby think about the C4 ZR-1 or any car is really immaterial IMO.
If you buy for investment, then that may be a different story. Any Corvette that I have purchased or currently own was and still is because I wanted that particular Vette to drive, enjoy, and learn about it as much as possible. Doesn't matter to me what others think or say about it. They are not driving or enjoying the Vette, I am. I purchased my ZR-1 because is was affordable for me and I have always wanted one. To me it is a piece of automotive history. My 74 BB Vert is the first BB I have owned, and I purchased because that is what i wanted, not because it may be worth a certain dollar amount or not.
And how does anyone feel that their particular vehicle is getting disrespect because it's not worth what they think it is supposed to be worth???
We all know that we don't have any control over that, the car market does, not the individual.
In the end any vehicle is just as worth what any buyer is willing to pay at that particular point in time.
Just engaging in a good debate, nothing more, nothing less..JMO

Sent from my SM-G935P using ZR-1 Net Registry mobile app

1994 ZR-1 #009 "captured test fleet car"
1974 LS4 454 Vert
1982 L83 CFI...now a retired "dd"....Sold

WAZOO Member

Last edited by Roadster; 01-20-2017 at 04:03 PM.
Roadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017   #30
edram454

point taken. I did not buy my zr1 as an investment. I actually got it at a great price with about 25k in mods easy. Unfortunately for me I could not leave well enough alone and get an exhaust system, a aluminum fly wheel a engine refinish etc... and put another 10k. You would think I could at least get my original investment?? new rims, tires etc.. nope. I lost 15k. I am not a good car investor. I have always bought with my heart except once that I tried to make money without getting emotionally involved and I did make a fast 3k on a mint 1992 corvette. I treated it like a piece of meat and only thought of making money and it worked. I can make money on a car if I look at them like that but I must tell you it is no fun. I like to get emotionally involved with cars which is why I always lose money on them. I now have my last Corvette I will buy. Once it goes.. its over for me.

edram454