ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Racing > Professional Motor Sports

Old 03-17-2014   #1
mgg

Default Re: Fascinating F1 power technology

I miss the real F1 engine sounds. These new motors sound like a Subaru WRX with a plug wire disconnected. Yuch. Very disappointed. SHowing my age but I prefer huge rear tires, big FN wings bag the "curs" system. MOst importantly, I want to watch a race not fuel economy contest. NOt happy about the way things are going in the racing world. To add insult to injury, how is it possible to screw up trying to find IMSA ( ALMS) UNited sports car or whatever it is now called on TV. The TV coverage lasted about two hours and half of it was under caution. The streaming was so bad I could not watch due to buffering every ten seconds.
I respectfully have to disagree with finding this power fascinating. It reminds of how people actually have been convinced the diesel powered race cars are now so superior to petrol power. If the rules were not changed to allow the diesel cars huge advantages it would be a different story. I di not think racing should be a social statement. It is racing. The fastest guy wins. Screw fuel economy. That's what was so great about Can-am. Minimal rules. Just my two cents.
mgg is offline   Reply With Quote