ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > General > Past Events & Event Pictures

Old 03-19-2013   #1
vandornjim

Default 2013 Gathering BBQ Info

OK Gang
The 2013 Gathering BBQ registration is now open and ready. For all the juicy details, please visit our new website:
http://automastersofbg.com/?page_id=1153
You might also have a look around the site for some interesting stories of the early ZR-1 Registry. We’ve got a story or two of West Coast Gatherings, and even an inside look at the most famous ZR-1 Registry flame war of all time !!
We hope to see some of you who we haven’t seen for some time! We have invited several guests who you may not have seen for years.
Jvd in BG
[B]ZR-1 Registry Member #21[/B]
Pirate Racing
NCM Life Member #399
vandornjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013   #2
FU

Default Re: 2013 Gathering BBQ Info

Looking forward to this !

NCM Lifetime member # 982
Registry Founding # 237
FU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013   #3
VetteVet

Ditto what Frank said! I'm paid up. This sounds like a hell of a good deal.

Thanks, Jim!

Jep
VetteVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013   #4
vandornjim

Quote:
Originally Posted by VetteVet View Post
Ditto what Frank said! I'm paid up. This sounds like a hell of a good deal.

Thanks, Jim!

Jep
I’ve had several friends contact me with regards to the Net Registry’s new board and some of their decisions regarding such things as the Gathering, and its activities. It seems there is a lot of intimidation regarding liability. Seems the threat of a lawsuit for this or that is affecting their decisions regarding the Gathering etc.
This concept comes up with nearly every club and I’ve had my share of being involved with the liability concerns for many years as a club officer (President), and race team owner (that’s a good one isn’t it) and on a daily basis as a shop owner where anything can (and will) happen. So let me be as brief as possible:
Most anyone can sue you for most anything, most anytime. If they choke on the pizza at your beer & pizza night, walk into a wall while walking to their room. You can be sued for calling someone a name, damaging their reputation, or looking at them wrong. And there is no defense against What Ifs. You say “What if someone wrecks at the dragstrip?” I say, “OK, What If they don’t?”
The liability issue is one that most really don’t understand. Here’s some tips for board members:
1) Get D&O insurance. It’s called Directors and Officers insurance. Most people make the mistake of thinking such insurance protects you against a lawsuit? No, like I said above, ANYONE can sue you. What D&O does is offer you insurance to pay for legal expenses, then settlement insurance to protect your assets should you be deemed liable for damages.
2) Like I suggested before, design a real event beginning with a registration form complete with a nice WAIVER OF LIABILTY. Simple enough isn’t it?
3) At least have a bulk WAIVER OF LIABILITY form that each person signs in order to get their nametags. No nametag? They no signey.
I will also offer this: People pay memberships and expect something in return. If the club is afraid to do anything, what are they giving back to their members?
I’ve been to hundreds of events and witnessed plenty of crashes and falls. Beech Bend has insurance, we do and the NCM has also.
Don’t get caught up in the liability game. It will ruin the club.
[B]ZR-1 Registry Member #21[/B]
Pirate Racing
NCM Life Member #399
vandornjim is offline   Reply With Quote