ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-27-2016   #11
rush91

Default Re: Prices and Valuation

The ZR-1 that went across Barrett Jackson this weekend was a 1990. Red on red, and very clean looking.

And as far as value, ZR-1's got smacked by the early 90's inflation. $34,000 for a loaded Vette was expensive. Add another 34k on top of that for the ZR-1 and you have future number issues.......How many were put away with the intention of making triple that in 20 years? That is what I see as the issue with the prices. The ZR-1 was produced in to great of numbers to truly hold its value......6939 granted is a low number. But compared to the Buick GNX which over just 500 were made, lower numbers means steady value. Find me a GNX with under 20,000 miles that you can buy for under $30k........

For me, the C4 corvettes are the only ones I have ever driven or rode in. I have never been in a C5 ( which I find VERY ugly, any model) or a C6 ( which is how the C5 SHOULD of looked) or C7. Am I doing myself a disservice by never trying any other Gen out?? Maybe......but in my eyes, the ZR-1 was a HUGE, groundbreaking, truly legend of a car. Where was Corvette performance before the ZR-1?? NOWHERE, that's where.
It made the Corvette a world beater, and quite possibly saved the Corvette from some very dark days........No other Corvette has held and lived up to such hype. None. People can have opinions, they are like you know what, everyone has them. But to this day when I take my Beast out anywhere, it never ceases to draw a crowd.
rush91 is offline   Reply With Quote