ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 10-06-2016   #51
jcruz

Default Re: Prices and Valuation

I keep telling my wife we're sitting on a gold mine, so I hope that pans out! LOL
1992 #043, Aqua/Gray 40k miles
jcruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016   #52
spork2367

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcruz View Post
I keep telling my wife we're sitting on a gold mine, so I hope that pans out! LOL
Hopefully by the time she figures out it's an iron pyrite mine, she's invested too much to back out....lol.
spork2367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016   #53
Dds1990

I purchased my Bright Red 1990 #0106 with 30,500 miles on it from a Chevrolet Dealership in Ft Wayne In. in July 2016. I got it for 17k. It had the usual issues headlights, Bose system, Infl light on, and the secondarys were not working so I beat the poor salemans price down from his asking price of $23,500. I have owned 3 Novas 67, 72, and 74, And 3 Mustangs 1970 Mach 1, 1971 Boss 351, and a 20th Aniv 1984. I believe the ZR1's are the next Corvette to begin its increase in value. Lets think about just performance. The C3's, no offense to their owners, were lacking in performance to say the least. Before its all over the LT5 beast will be like the L88 in my opinion. The ZR1 was the first performance car since the vettes of the muscle car era. But like most of the other owners here if it goes up in value great but who cares...I love driving and owning this car more so than any other I have owned.
Dds1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016   #54
diamond zr1

THEY ARE GREAT DRIVING CARS/but made way too many to ever be compared to the L88/really low mile stock cars in unusual colors will be the 1st to go up/the rare cars like the callaway/zr1/cr1 aerobodys/built 11/and the Lingenfelter body cars maybe/if future governments don't outlaw them on the highway/I continue to be amazed that with all the regulations coming out of this government,that doing modifications to brakes/suspensions/motors is still allowed
diamond zr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016   #55
Dynomite

Doing modifications of any kind is just fine in South Dakota. I know a guy that has 5 ZR-1s and all are now in perfect running condition with NO Codes of any kind. He obtained the ZR-1s for between $14K and $19K.

One thing not mentioned is reliability and once the basic stuff (A Top End Restoration including Starter, Alternator, Vacuum System and Valley clean up).......the ZR-1s will run forever. The Top End Restoration usually takes three days.....disassembly and cleaning the first day, Thinking the second day, and Reassembly the third day. The Replacement parts are the normal (Injectors 50% of time, Vacuum System 25% of time, Coils 75% of time, Plugs 100% of time, Plug wires 100% of time, Secondary Linkage (100% of time because it is so cheap to replace). Also 100% of the time I include New Serpentine Belt, New Injector "O" Rings, SS Plenum Allen Bolts, New Charcoal Canister and New PCV Hoses (includes all 4), Fuel Pressure Regulating Valve Vacuum hose, Map Vacuum hose.. The rest of the restoration consists of degreasing, wire brushing. pressure washing, painting, and final adjustments including INFL REST reconditioning. Almost forgot.....New Radiator Hoses and New Aluminum Radiators (Fluidyne, Dewitt, Ron Davis), Differential Drain Plug, ZFdoc C4 Beam Plates and new 180 deg Thermostats 100% of the time. And......Haibeck CHIP 100% of the time.

This ALL after a basic Compression Test.

And....And.......Always BLOCK TB Coolant at the Injector Housing and Install Differential Drain Plug as well as ZFdoc C4 Beam Plates.
And.....Always install SS Braided Oil Coolant Hoses as well as Billet Aluminum Pulleys (Water Pump, Power Steering, Belt Tensioner).
And......ALWAYS Change ALL Fluids for a good starting point.
And.......Sometimes install C5-Z06 Calipers with Wilwood Rotors and SW Headers/Exhaust (That Combination goes together).
And.......Sometimes install C5-Z06 Calipers with Wilwood Rotors and SW Headers/Exhaust (That Combination goes together).
Sometimes install a new Oil Pan Gasket just to keep any and all oil off the garage floor. This includes checking the Oil Pump Cover Plate.

See Typical ZR-1 Restorations

I do some other stuff like the guy who has 5 ZR-1s just because working on the LT5/ZR-1 is soooooooo much fun.

1991 ZR-1 restored with 500+ horsepower

As I recall.....the guy with the 5 ZR-1s picked them up for between $14K and $19K (19K for a 95 in mint condition).

#72 1990.....one of the first ZR-1s built

#3032 1990.......the last ZR1 sold to public

Top End Restoration on 1990 #2067

Last edited by Dynomite; 10-07-2016 at 11:01 AM.
Dynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016   #56
razorZR1

Thumbs up Re: Prices and Valuation

Hi Cliff,
Since I gave you a mint 95 cheap are you going to help me out with a Top End Restoration if I get a 94 I am bidding on currently

[QUOTE=Dynomite;248610]Doing modifications of any kind is just fine in South Dakota. I know a guy that has 5 ZR-1s and all are now in perfect running condition with NO Codes of any kind. He obtained the ZR-1s for between $14K and $19K.

One thing not mentioned is reliability and once the basic stuff (A Top End Restoration including Starter, Alternator, Vacuum System and Valley clean up).......the ZR-1s will run forever. The Top End Restoration usually takes three days.....disassembly and cleaning the first day, Thinking the second day, and Reassembly the third day. The Replacement parts are the normal (Injectors 50% of time, Vacuum System 25% of time, Coils 75% of time, Plugs 100% of time, Plug wires 100% of time, Secondary Linkage (100% of time because it is so cheap to replace). The rest of the restoration consists of degreasing, wire brushing. pressure washing, painting, and final adjustments including INFL REST reconditioning. Almost forgot.....New Radiator Hoses and New Aluminum Radiators (Fluidyne, Dewitt, Ron Davis, and new 180 deg Thermostats 100% of the time. And......Haibeck CHIP 100% of the time.
razorZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016   #57
Dynomite

[QUOTE=razorZR1;248614]Hi Cliff,
Since I gave you a mint 95 cheap are you going to help me out with a Top End Restoration if I get a 94 I am bidding on currently

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynomite View Post
Doing modifications of any kind is just fine in South Dakota. I know a guy that has 5 ZR-1s and all are now in perfect running condition with NO Codes of any kind. He obtained the ZR-1s for between $14K and $19K.

One thing not mentioned is reliability and once the basic stuff (A Top End Restoration including Starter, Alternator, Vacuum System and Valley clean up).......the ZR-1s will run forever. The Top End Restoration usually takes three days.....disassembly and cleaning the first day, Thinking the second day, and Reassembly the third day. The Replacement parts are the normal (Injectors 50% of time, Vacuum System 25% of time, Coils 75% of time, Plugs 100% of time, Plug wires 100% of time, Secondary Linkage (100% of time because it is so cheap to replace). The rest of the restoration consists of degreasing, wire brushing. pressure washing, painting, and final adjustments including INFL REST reconditioning. Almost forgot.....New Radiator Hoses and New Aluminum Radiators (Fluidyne, Dewitt, Ron Davis, and new 180 deg Thermostats 100% of the time. And......Haibeck CHIP 100% of the time.
Yep......it will take two days to do a Top End for you as I have already thought about it.....

I installed a ZFdoc 91' Black Label Transmission with short shifter in that 95' and the 95' Blue Label Transmission is on its way to ZFdoc 8th October for rebuild

That 95' did have a very strange INJ1 issue which fuse kept blowing as I pulled into my driveway which I think I finally solved it being in the DIS Connector or associated splices in the DIS Connector Wiring.

That is the beauty of Blocking TB Coolant as I had that Plenum OFF (actually removed it with an ohm meter attached to INJ1 Fuse downside) and found exactly when INJ1 Fuse blew. That took several times doing my 6 minute Plenum Removal

On that 95' Top End Restoration I replaced the entire Vacuum System under the plenum for $100 (93' to 95') from Jerry's which I recommend for ALL

I like the 95' best as it is the most comfortable and has the best dash and Read Out on the Speedo of Oil and Coolant Temperature in deg F of any year ZR-1

My LT5 Top End (including additional drive train and under the hood Restorations) has got to add about $5K-$10K to the value but for you it will be free if you hand me the tools

Last edited by Dynomite; 10-07-2016 at 07:25 AM.
Dynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016   #58
-=Jeff=-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynomite View Post

I like the 95' best as it is the most comfortable and has the best dash and Read Out on the Speedo of Oil and Coolant Temperature in deg F of any year ZR-1

What makes the 95 most comfortable? Also the Oila nd Temp readout would be nice int he 90-91..
1990 Corvette ZR-1 #1051
Watson Headers (2" Primary) - 3" Magnaflow Bullet cats - LT4 Catback
Late Model IH - Plenum
Coilovers - 4.10s
Custom Interior
NCM Lifetime Member #978

Last edited by -=Jeff=-; 10-07-2016 at 07:32 AM.
-=Jeff=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016   #59
cvette98pacecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Jeff=- View Post
What makes the 95 most comfortable? Also the Oila nd Temp readout would be nice int he 90-91..
Jeff, you wouldn't fit in a 94/95 anyway. The seat is widened so it has to raised which you lose 2.5" of headroom.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR=blue]G[/COLOR][COLOR=red]rand[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]S[/COLOR][COLOR=red]port[/COLOR] Registry Lifetime Member
NCM Lifetime Member #2655
Pacecar Registry Member
[COLOR=red]ZOOM Charter Member - ZR-1 Owners of Michigan[/COLOR]
[COLOR=plum][I]ZR-1[/I] Registry member since 2012 [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]1990 LPE "368" Aerobody ZR-1, Last ZR-1 built by John[/COLOR]
1991 Callaway Aerobody ZR-1, DRM 500
1991 Shinoda Aerobody Spyder,
1998 Pace Car
cvette98pacecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016   #60
-=Jeff=-

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvette98pacecar View Post
Jeff, you wouldn't fit in a 94/95 anyway. The seat is widened so it has to raised which you lose 2.5" of headroom.
I have driven a 96 GS and I fit.. I have 94 seats in my 90. I fit..

I was curious as to what makes it more comfortable, the seats the dash? the nicer LCD?? or other..
1990 Corvette ZR-1 #1051
Watson Headers (2" Primary) - 3" Magnaflow Bullet cats - LT4 Catback
Late Model IH - Plenum
Coilovers - 4.10s
Custom Interior
NCM Lifetime Member #978
-=Jeff=- is offline   Reply With Quote