ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Club Regional Areas > Mid-Atlantic Region

Old 08-30-2014   #51
Harvie

Default Re: Putting it back on the road

You think running against an 8.5 sec 1/4 mile bracket car would be a good race?

"Koolaid running through your veins? Us southern fellow's pump Blood through ours!"

I was born in Key West FL young man. I do not hunt elephants with a slingshot either.
[-X show poodles & trailer queens :-({|=
Fast and fun not pretty in pink.

Last edited by Harvie; 08-30-2014 at 09:26 PM.
Harvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014   #52
Z06scentair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvie View Post
You think running against an 8.5 sec 1/4 mile bracket car would be a good race?

"Koolaid running through your veins? Us southern fellow's pump Blood through ours!"

I was born in Key West FL young man. I do not hunt elephants with a slingshot either.
Once again $5000 is not donation money in my book.

Key West, FL? Who cares?

Don't care about your hunting tactics period.

My primary concern is about smoking one of the two cars we spoke about earlier in this thread. Your LT5 or your Hemi.

You popped off about blowing doors off, I called you out three time.

You Declined.....period end of story.
Z06scentair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014   #53
Hog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06scentair View Post
1)Name the place and lock in 1g on 5g. Will load the enclosed up tonight, Put up or shut up.

5 thousand no questions asked run what you bring..... My c5 against your zr-1 or hemi? You make the call.

2)You get the back tires. 1/8th mile Heck I will give you the back tires for life!

1 thousand earnest money both parties to a non-bias person.

Brad
Hey Brad, I've got some silly questions to ask, for my own clarity:

1) "1g lock in on $5g"- Does that mean that both parties would give a
neutral party $1000 to hold until after the race when a winner is determined? Then the loser owes the winner an additional $4,000. or does the loser have to pay the winner another $5000 in addition to the $1000 "buy in"?

2) You get the back tires. 1/8th mile- Does this mean that you would "spot" him a length at the start? Like literally line up with your front tires at his back tires?
or are toy literally talking about actually giving him a supply of rear tires for life?

3) And when you state "1/8th mile" does that mean that your conditional "terms of the race" are for an 1/8th mile only, and you would require a "re-negotiation" for a race that covered a distance other than an 1/8th mile?

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
I'm familiar with as a driver asking for "lengths" when racing a car you feel is quicker. Or "Giving or "Spotting" a car that you believe is slower.
Then there is the bargaining for "the move", if you have the "move" you launch from a "dig" and your opponent then launches only after they see your car start to move.

Some people will "Pop" when asked to lift their vehicles hoods in order to confirm what engine modifications have been done to the vehicles engine.(this avoids you giving lengths to a car that the drivers says is "bone stock" when in really the car has a bored and stroked engine with a 300hp of Nitrous Oxide on board-"popping" your own vehicles hood allows you competition to see exactly wahts going on under there in regards to modificaions).
I have seen many a potential race be called off simply because a driver flat out refused to "pop" his hood. I also have seen an impending race called off because someone had forgot to bring their VHT Trackbite.

Thank you in advance, sorry for the dumb questions.

ZR-1 Net Registry Member #1494

Last edited by Hog; 08-31-2014 at 01:55 PM.
Hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014   #54
Z06scentair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog View Post
Hey Brad, I've got some silly questions to ask, for my own clarity:

1) "1g lock in on $5g"- Does that mean that both parties would give a
neutral party $1000 to hold until after the race when a winner is determined? Then the loser owes the winner an additional $4,000. or does the loser have to pay the winner another $5000 in addition to the $1000 "buy in"?

2) You get the back tires. 1/8th mile- Does this mean that you would "spot" him a length at the start? Like literally line up with your front tires at his back tires?
or are toy literally talking about actually giving him a supply of rear tires for life?

3) And when you state "1/8th mile" does that mean that your conditional "terms of the race" are for an 1/8th mile only, and you would require a "re-negotiation" for a race that covered a distance other than an 1/8th mile?

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
I'm familiar with as a driver asking for "lengths" when racing a car you feel is quicker. Or "Giving or "Spotting" a car that you believe is slower.
Then there is the bargaining for "the move", if you have the "move" you launch from a "dig" and your opponent then launches only after they see your car start to move.

Some people will "Pop" when asked to lift their vehicles hoods in order to confirm what engine modifications have been done to the vehicles engine.(this avoids you giving lengths to a car that the drivers says is "bone stock" when in really the car has a bored and stroked engine with a 300hp of Nitrous Oxide on board-"popping" your own vehicles hood allows you competition to see exactly wahts going on under there in regards to modificaions).
I have seen many a potential race be called off simply because a driver flat out refused to "pop" his hood. I also have seen an impending race called off because someone had forgot to bring their VHT Trackbite.

Thank you in advance, sorry for the dumb questions.
1. Correct $1000 would be lock in money that either party would loose, if they decided against the race $4000 due to the winner once the race was completed.

2. Back Tires generally means the defendant is tired of hearing crap and has offered the plaintiff to stage with his back tires. I'm that confident!

3. Yes the terms of an 1/8 mile is what my car is setup for. If someone wants to run a 1/4 mile then the terms would be re-negotiated.

Generally one will never see under the hood of a grudge car unless it's by accident. No times are ever shown on the boards. My buddy has been banned from a local track as he went off after the track flashed the times of his well known outlaw grudge car. The car won the street nationals two years?

Stock suspension on drag radials has now taken over most of the grudge type of matches.

Wanna see something funny? Go watch youtube stevie fast jackson.

That mustang was a 782 5in bore spacing with a VERY large procharger! The car ran a best of 4.18 @ 184 on drag radial 28x10's stock suspension! Rumor is they used to load his balls in the seat with a shovel!

Brad

Last edited by Z06scentair; 08-31-2014 at 02:23 PM.
Old 08-31-2014   #55
WB9MCW

Stevie's Stang sure is Bad Azz - enjoyed watching the race vids.

This vid is good for explaining all the Grudge Terms
http://youtu.be/1gBSbVUS7yQ
"The Budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome will become bankrupt. People must again learn to work instead of living on public assistance." - Cicero, 55 BC
" We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln
WB9MCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014   #56
Z06scentair

motpt
Quote:
Originally Posted by WB9MCW View Post
Stevie's Stang sure is Bad Azz - enjoyed watching the race vids.

This vid is good for explaining all the Grudge Terms
http://youtu.be/1gBSbVUS7yQ
There are a bunch....he wrecked the orange car in 2013 and put it back together and it then sold to alanalbi

Another famous grudge racer is Tony Boss Bynes out of Augusta Georgia. Primetime racing has a car for anybody who wants to race.

Myself and my buddies know all of these fellows very well. Believe me there are many pocketbooks involved to make these cars happen.....that orange mustang was 500k racecar that Won millions of dollars.
Old 08-31-2014   #57
WB9MCW

Brad I enjoy all the info you have posted very much.
You boyz down south do have it together for sure.
I luv how y'all pick on the Yankees
BTW I was born in Memphis so I am displaced in Yankee Land + home of the Commander and Chief and "Chi-Town politics" which now the whole USA knows about.
Well at least we are home to Chi-Town Hustler and a the ZR-1 Fast Boyz of Illinois.
ZR1 Pete and I go way back as friends. If I was not into boats so much I would spend more time to visit and do events with the Fast Boyz. (you can see my album in my profile on the boats and pals)

Speaking of CTH a good cyber vette pal of mine I met on the Listserve ZR-1 Net is very good friends with CTH and JF and his gang and many others.
The Good DR JP (he is actually a retired MD) or just plain John as he goes by.
Here is a link to his site and his bad azz 9s Mero
http://www.stbarinc.com/

Some time if you want to call me I will tell you a good story where JP and CTH and I called out and they all proved to be koolaid veins with all the big shots out of Milwaukee (Beer Town) who race at Union Grove. My home # is 8153446688
It is a classic set up and call out for a grudge - very funny story indeed.

It all started with this video of my best friends Mopar and some teasing of the Beer Town boyz on their favorite website where they all hang out -- Naturally my IP has been permabanned Well now that I think of it I have a new IP so I guess I could go mess with them some more on the site if I wanted to. LOL

Buddies Mopar Vids
http://youtu.be/8K7yHf7-hm0?list=UUH...ZwKnZhkpqIcCsA
http://youtu.be/mNLqf7elVlE?list=UUH...ZwKnZhkpqIcCsA
http://youtu.be/2FDCvWcqzGI?list=UUH...ZwKnZhkpqIcCsA
http://youtu.be/ct2cYgOs6ig?list=UUH...ZwKnZhkpqIcCsA

Bonus vid of my fav boat of his doing a 90 MPH flyby (Triple SC 900 HP)
http://youtu.be/wBcUf54YvbM?list=UUH...ZwKnZhkpqIcCsA
"The Budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome will become bankrupt. People must again learn to work instead of living on public assistance." - Cicero, 55 BC
" We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Last edited by WB9MCW; 08-31-2014 at 04:01 PM.
WB9MCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014   #58
Harvie

Gee weren't Gatorbacks were on 90 and most early 91s
Old 09-08-2014   #59
Harvie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06scentair View Post
Thanks but no good for my project have to be the first couple months of 90.

Goodyear started producing & suppling GM with GS-Cs in 9/91, another internet youngster is now corrected.

Last edited by Blue Flame Restorations; 09-08-2014 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Violation of Rule #5
Old 09-08-2014   #60
Z06scentair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvie View Post
Hey Poodle guy, the GSC tires you are looking for were never made.

It seems you looked at the wrong tires on the bikes in the jr high where you were when they came out.

Goodyear started producing & suppling GM with GS-Cs in 9/91, another internet youngster is now corrected.
Appreciate the insight.