ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 12-28-2013   #11
GOLDCYLON

Default Re: c7 showed up

Quote:
Originally Posted by We Gone View Post
$85k I think I would look for a used ZR1 first!!
I agree 100 percent like a 2012 lol
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013   #12
Z51JEFF

The cars without the Z51 option actually look better,no rear spoiler.Thats half of what wrong with the back of the car.But for $85K+ Id be looking for a 2013 427,white with the black-silver wheels..
Z51JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013   #13
efnfast

My brothers girlfriend is looking at a C7, I'll kill him if he dumps her before she buys it.
efnfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013   #14
taximan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancePearson View Post
Saw and followed my first C7 today locally. I liked the roof line but it looks smaller to me and watching the owner get in there is no way that I would fit so it's a complete moot point. The dealer has one with the Z51 suspension and options which is what they want to sell that is listed at $85,000 plus sales tax.

I'll attach a couple photos. All the sports cars with power are now going to the wind tunnels and coming up with very similar answers save lamborghini who remains different. It looked far better in person than in photos. The roof line from windshield on back with all the vents in the car is just stunningly good lines visually. The rest looks a lot like they put tires on a frame and built the body more or less around the tires which are narrower than what's stock on our Z's.

Too much money for me and if I were going to spend it it would likely not be on a C7 especially since I can't get in it.

I dont know where the $85K comes from ? Here is a current quote from Kerbeck in A.C., with Z51 package. If you drive these cars, you'll be impressed.

2014 Corvette Stingray Coupe 2LT with Z51 Performance Package
Price$61,500*

View Standard Equipment

MSRP from$59,005Destination Freight Charge$995OptionsTorch Red$0Kalahari, Perforated Mulan leather seating surfaces$0Z51 5-split spoke Silver-painted aluminum wheels$07-speed manual transmission$0Competition Sport bucket seats$2,495Options Total$2,495MSRP62,495

Request Quote

Exterior:FrontBackSide
Interior:FrontSide

Some selected configurations, options, accessories, and/or colors may not be shown on image.
1995 "Last" Admiral Blue ZR1 #438
Member # 760
NCM Lifetime member #1005
NCRS # 23110

[I][B]Sting Rays Corvette Club of Florida
Gold Coast Corvettes Club[/B][/I]
taximan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013   #15
8cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by We Gone View Post
$85k I think I would look for a used ZR1 first!!
Not me. I think the C6 ZR1 is a bling machine, way overdone. If it was just subtly different from the Z06 it would be much better. If I want that power level, I'd do something different anyway.

Dealers are charging a markup in some markets right now, but that will die down soon. They are producing enough of them that ordering one for sticker price doesn't take long, and that will kill the "market adjustment" window sticker. But if you have to be the first guy on the block, you're going to pay a premium.
'90 ZR-1 #1322 Daily Driver, 64k and counting
Black/Gray
[IMG]http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb49/mlitherland/IMG_0326_zps3d50d8cb.jpg[/IMG]
8cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013   #16
XfireZ51

GM just released the Corvette to about 2000 other Chevy dealers. Up to now, it was available only through a select group that sold the majority of Vettes.
That should dampen the auxiliary sticker thing.
As for the ZR1 subtlety, being too subtle is what was criticized about our
ZR-1s. Not different enough from the run of the mill C4.
1984 Corvette Z-51/4+3 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Aqua/Gray #474 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Black Rose/Cognac #458
2014 Honda VFR Interceptor DX
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013   #17
Racinfan83

A guy in our Club had one ordered from the start. I don't think it has the Z51 package but it is the 3LT. It is a sweet car - and he paid in the $60k range. He has 3 Vettes and this is his daily driver. Don't know if I like the look especially - but like most others it will probably grow on me. Tons o nice interior toys though. I think as well that if I had that kind of loot to go buy a car I would look at a low miles C6 ZR or ZO myself...
[CENTER][COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=4][I][B] **Now Sold** 1990 ZR-1 #2093, Black on Black..[/B][/I][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
Racinfan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013   #18
edram454

I saw in motorweek that the base car was 51k and the z51 was 55k. I a sure once you add options and the taxes etc.. it hits 60k. 85k??? nuts. care simply not worth it. like many have said, skinny wheels, ugly butt etc.. I have seen a few already in car shows and on the street. look nice in the front and the interior is very nice and of a higher quality than previous vettes. the skinny tires and the camaro lights just dont make it. dont like the flat black wheels either. why would you pay 60-80 k for a car that looks like you bought a rattle can and just sprayed the wheels without masking them off. crappy. I only saw one with chrome wheels and it did improve the look somewhat.

great car at the 60k range. above that... forget it.
edramos..#3028
edram454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013   #19
Paul Workman

Location: Squires (near Ava MO in the Mark Twain N'tl Forest) - Missouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by XfireZ51 View Post
GM just released the Corvette to about 2000 other Chevy dealers. Up to now, it was available only through a select group that sold the majority of Vettes.
That should dampen the auxiliary sticker thing.
As for the ZR1 subtlety, being too subtle is what was criticized about our
ZR-1s. Not different enough from the run of the mill C4.
We drove through Bowling Green on the way to Atlanta and Orlando this past (Christmas) week. Ami and I play a Corvette counting game on the road to pass the time; points for seeing one first, points for calling out the "C" variation, & big bonus points for naming the year, etc. I cleaned up on spying a couple semi-trailer car carriers filled with new Corvettes heading north on I-65, north of BG., and we saw at least one more, but too late to count how many were loaded (hence no points...). Looks like they were going to dealers in time to be a nice Christmas present for a few lucky people!

Saw a clip from Top Gear of a new C7 being driven in So Cal (by what looked like familiar vegetation/terrain). The driver was rowing through a few gears on mountain roads: obviously never getting much over 6k IF that....damn thing sounded like a UPS truck!!

90 #1202
"FBI" top end ported & relieved
Cam timing by "Pete the Greek"
Sans secondaries
Chip & dyno tuning by Haibeck Automotive
SW headers, X-pipe, MF muffs

Former Secretary, ZR-1 Net Registry
Paul Workman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013   #20
WB9MCW

I am in the same boat as Lance P.
I barely fit in my Z as it is.
I sat in the C5 and my head hits the roll bar-arch.
I never tried a C6 on for size but I am sure it is small as well.
I guess this is good news for me for I have no reason not to enjoy what I already have.
It was always the Vette I wanted anyway.
The LT-5 is enough for me and always gives me a permagrin!
It is fun to own the sleeper C4 and have the special model ZR-1.
I do not fit well in C1-2&3 models either.
Corvettes in general were never designed for the 6'4" and taller folks.
Such is live for us tall dudes when it comes to many of the sport cars.
"The Budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome will become bankrupt. People must again learn to work instead of living on public assistance." - Cicero, 55 BC
" We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln
WB9MCW is offline   Reply With Quote