ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 06-13-2016   #1
Vette73

Default Thinking of selling one of my vettes but, which one?

For those of you on the Corvette forum my member name is zrc3 john.....

Have not gotten around to setting up a photobucket so I can post photos of my corvettes......If any members are on Corvette forum I have posted photos of my 91 ZR-1 in the ZR-1 discussion section.....It reads 91 # 428......Scroll down and you will see ...

My 73 convertible is under the C3 section of course....

Now the tough question, which one do I advertise for sale? Space is getting to be a little bit of an issue lately.....

The ZR-1 is definately the nicer of the two.......Super clean with the right mods and 44,000 miles.....

The 73 I have owned for 14 years and have done much to it so there is a little more personal bond with the car...

Its a tough call !!!! Hmm....
Vette73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016   #2
Vetman

Default Re: Thinking of selling one of my vettes but, which one?

No brainer. One of the two is the most historic production corvette, much more pleasant to drive, and most likely much faster. Btw, I have owned two C-3's a 68 427 convertible and a 69 t-top also a 427-400. Both beautiful cars but I'm happiest with my 1990 z.
2011 cts-v 556 HP, manual 6 speed
1955 chev 2dr ht PP 265 3 speed w/OD
Vetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016   #3
Roadster

From reading your description, you may already have made up your mind. Also having a C3 besides the ZR-1 myself, I understand how it is a tough call.
But if the ZR-1 is the nicer of the two with all of the right mods, that may be the answer. Or see if you can locate space at a different location if your really still undecided. Either way, lots of luck with whatever you choose.....

1994 ZR-1 #009 "captured test fleet car"
1974 LS4 454 Vert
1982 L83 CFI...now a retired "dd"....Sold

WAZOO Member
Roadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016   #4
BigJohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette73 View Post
For those of you on the Corvette forum my member name is zrc3 john.....

Have not gotten around to setting up a photobucket so I can post photos of my corvettes......If any members are on Corvette forum I have posted photos of my 91 ZR-1 in the ZR-1 discussion section.....It reads 91 # 428......Scroll down and you will see ...

My 73 convertible is under the C3 section of course....

Now the tough question, which one do I advertise for sale? Space is getting to be a little bit of an issue lately.....

The ZR-1 is definately the nicer of the two.......Super clean with the right mods and 44,000 miles.....

The 73 I have owned for 14 years and have done much to it so there is a little more personal bond with the car...

The answer is easy, just sale Pete's!
BigJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016   #5
ghlkal

Quote:

Oh man, I would not want to make this decision.

I assume you drive both. Which one do you enjoy driving more?
1990 ZR-1 #2180 Red/Black
Many of the usual mods for 460HP, tuned by Marc Haibeck
ZR-1 Net Registry Member #1548
ghlkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016   #6
Vette73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vetman View Post
No brainer. One of the two is the most historic production corvette, much more pleasant to drive, and most likely much faster. Btw, I have owned two C-3's a 68 427 convertible and a 69 t-top also a 427-400. Both beautiful cars but I'm happiest with my 1990 z.
68 and a 69? Big blocks also ?....That's an even tougher decision than mine...In my opinion the big block chrome bumpered C3s are the nicest looking cars ever built.....Put a set of chrome cragars or centerlines and it really enhances the car..

Of course the ZR1 will out perform any C3 but I will weigh both options and see which suits me best....
Old 06-14-2016   #7
Vette73

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghlkal View Post
Oh man, I would not want to make this decision.

I assume you drive both. Which one do you enjoy driving more?
I do drive both.....I don't let each sit more than two weeks without driving them...Even in the winter I do my best to stretch there legs so to speak...

You know the driving experience is so different......The C3 is loud and brash with a lot of torque and 370 gears so light to light and neighborhood driving is a blast...I even lightened the car by at least 300 pounds with the mods I have done over the years.....But, where this car starts to reach its peak the Z is just starting hers and you know what happens with the Z 4,000 RPM and above..

As far as comfort the Z is more comfortable than the 73....Allthough I have to say the ride in the C3 is not as harsh as the Z.......If I really had to critique the C4 design I would tend to place it a bit long and a bit heavy...

As far as visual appeal.....I get many compliments on the ZR1 by Vette people...With the 73 I can't go anywhere without somebody pulling up to me and asking me about it...Remember though, I live in an area that is packed with people so I try to get into the habit of driving off peak hours because it just sucks sometimes where I live....I've often joked about the Z owners who live where it's not densely populated -Good for them, they can really enjoy the Z because that's how this car was meant to be driven,open roads and a lot of on ramps stretching for a half mile or so...
Old 06-15-2016   #8
ghlkal

Quote:
As far as visual appeal.....I get many compliments on the ZR1 by Vette people...With the 73 I can't go anywhere without somebody pulling up to me and asking me about it...Remember though, I live in an area that is packed with people so I try to get into the habit of driving off peak hours because it just sucks sometimes where I live

Ah, I completely understand. A car guy/gal would gravitate to the C3 much more than a C4 (without recognizing what a ZR-1 is).

And, trying to drive a Z in NYC might be ... challenging.
1990 ZR-1 #2180 Red/Black
Many of the usual mods for 460HP, tuned by Marc Haibeck
ZR-1 Net Registry Member #1548
ghlkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016   #9
Johnny5

Giovanni, you already know what to do. Port the heads on the LT5 and get the Fidanza flywheel for over 500HP and that big block wont keep up with the LT5. The Z is rarer, cooler, handles better, faster, and has that 3rd brakelight with a fat ***!
Johnny5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016   #10
Vette73

It don't keep up with it now Johnny ....I hear Ya....

Will see......Salud".....