ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1s and ZR-1 Parts For Sale/Wanted

Old 07-03-2015   #11
Silverfox1

Default Re: WANTED: 1995 ZR-1

Finally have a few ZR-1s to consider.

#386 in Franklin TN, 21k mi, red/red (my fav), 2-Dunn, 2 tops, original tires which is interesting considering mileage. Described as "flawless." Inspection next Monday. IF car has good mechanicals, what are issues at that mileage? Asking $31,000 which seems reasonable.

Also, #387 in Chicago. 7,400mi, 2-Dunn, polo/tan, maintained by Haibeck. Asking $43,500. Very little price flexibility. Initial pics are beautiful.

My initial impression between the 2 are expect to put $2-$5k into #386 regardless of inspection report. BUT those are my colors & it is a Dunn car. Both cars will require new tires & unless I decide to go Top Flight, I'd try to get a few bucks for the originals.

QUESTIONS: Did the 2-Dunn heads "add" any hp/torque to the stated 405hp?
Floormats: my understanding is that OEM mats were plain, just the color of the carpet, no logos. Is that correct?

Thanks all & happy 4th!
Silverfox1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015   #12
WARP TEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox1 View Post

#386 in Franklin TN, 21k mi, red/red (my fav), 2-Dunn, 2 tops, original tires which is interesting considering mileage. Described as "flawless." Inspection next Monday. IF car has good mechanicals, what are issues at that mileage? Asking $31,000 which seems reasonable.

Also, #387 in Chicago. 7,400mi, 2-Dunn, polo/tan, maintained by Haibeck. Asking $43,500. Very little price flexibility. Initial pics are beautiful.

My initial impression between the 2 are expect to put $2-$5k into #386 regardless of inspection report. BUT those are my colors & it is a Dunn car. Both cars will require new tires & unless I decide to go Top Flight, I'd try to get a few bucks for the originals.

Floormats: my understanding is that OEM mats were plain, just the color of the carpet, no logos. Is that correct?

Thanks all & happy 4th!
You are correct on the floormats--just plain matching the carpet color. Dunn heads are discussed extensively in other posts here but the simple answer is they added very little if any extra power--certainly no discernible difference from the Brimals. Once you have porting done like mine and others, any difference is irrelevant anyway. --Bob
2016 Long Beach Red Z06 #10281 "POPS Z"
1995 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN"--Haibeck 350/510 package, 4.10s, Hurst, Stock Exhaust with QTP Cutouts
--Sold but still running strong
1993 Quasar Blue #161 "HIL KING"
--Sold but still running strong, now with more than 120,000 miles
1967 Marlboro Maroon/Saddle Corvette Coupe 300 hp/4-spd
--Sold a long time ago
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #95
NCM Lifetime Member
Favorite Quote--Attributed to Mickey Thompson:
"Too Much Horsepower is Almost Enough"
WARP TEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015   #13
Silverfox1

I seem to remember reading on the Registry site that there was an advantage to the Dunns, maybe just efficiency. I'll look at the threads here.

Thanks
Old 07-03-2015   #14
XfireZ51

Quote:
I seem to remember reading on the Registry site that there was an advantage to the Dunns, maybe just efficiency. I'll look at the threads here.

Thanks
SF,

The Polo Green/Tan is a steal especially w the mods Bob has had done.
1984 Corvette Z-51/4+3 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Aqua/Gray #474 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Black Rose/Cognac #458
2014 Honda VFR Interceptor DX
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015   #15
FU

FWIW # 387 would be my selection, it is a spectacular car.

NCM Lifetime member # 982
Registry Founding # 237
FU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015   #16
Z06scentair

Quote:

Thanks all & happy 4th!
If you are wanting an NCRS car. Buy a judging manual and read it throughly multiple times.

Everybody says stock "iincluding myself" however always something missing or not right.

Take it from me getting a car to NCRS TF Status can be expensive, especially the little whatnot parts.

I've got two cars that are NCRS zr-1s, if your like me that's too many to keep in that status quo!

Buy from an NCRS member who understands what it takes, I promise these owners know their cars better than most.

Cars are only original once, and knowledgeable Corvette people know the difference between cars that have been modified and put back to original from cars that have been untouched cars since birth.

Best of luck in your search.
Z06scentair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015   #17
Silverfox1

Do you know the car?
Old 07-03-2015   #18
Silverfox1

My first priority is enjoying the car. I'm not necessarily looking for Top Flight material, but would be nice. I've got 2 super '96 LT4s, multiple show winners (CE coupe & vert) w/F45 right now & I'm done trying to find the correct bolt to make it "right." Obsessing is a dangerous compulsion.
Thx
Old 07-03-2015   #19
Z51JEFF

I wouldn't get too cought up in the Dunn head hoopla,there are few 95s that have one of each. That $43+ for that Polo 95 is at the very top of the price scale and isn't this the car that has a few minor issues,something doesn't work can't remember what and it has one of those goofy SPEC stickers on the ashtray door? If this isn't the car my apologies for any confusion on this car. For close to $45K you will be able to find a car with close to no miles. Just sit on your cash and the right car will find you. One thing about us hardcore Z owners, we know of most of the cars that are floating around. Good luck on your search!
Z51JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015   #20
Z51JEFF

One other thing, if you can wrench on a car a ZR-1 won't be any problem. Lots of people see that motor and run but we owners know differently.
Z51JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote