ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-03-2016   #12
rush91

Default Re: ZR1 Pricing.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette73 View Post
A lot of time I will search various websites and see how the market value of the C4 ZR1 is ....Basically I find sometimes a variance in pricing.....Example,I see a dealer in Florida with a white 91 with 56,000 miles,for $32,999.....Car looks nice plus the add says it has a chip and a cat back exhaust where it brings the horsepower to 425.Now, I don't know about you but I don't know many cat back exhausts and chips that bring the car an additional 50 horse....My opinion car is priced very high......

I watched some of the auctions at Barrett Jackson recently and did not see any ZR1s.......I would think that a fine example ZR1 would fetch good money there..Lets face it, I saw a 80 turbo Trans am Black I believe 19,000 miles go for 100,000 dollars.....Also saw a tenth anniversary Trans Am with 243 miles sell for an incredible amount of 170,000 dollars..I'm like, these people serious? Now, are these cars worth the money? Just goes to show you, it's worth whatever a person is willing to pay.......

From what I have seen I see pricing in the mid twenties for nice examples of 90-92 cars......93-95 command more....Of course there are the few examples of real low mileage cars where as the asking price is over forty grand....

Moral of the story? Maybe sell the car at Barrett Jackson...

I watched and recorded that whole Barret Jackson auction, did my eyes play tricks? I didn't see one C4 ZR-1 go across the block. I do remembering seeing a 1996 red convertible LT-4, it went for around 25k.... The last ZR-1 I remember seeing on Barret Jackson was late last year. It was a 1990 with under 10,000 miles.It was a Steel Blue color, making it a very rare ZR-1. The announcers always mention how they are a forgotten Corvette, with amazing performance. But those of us who own one know this!!!

I did nothing but look at ZR-1's for over 2 years. And in that time, the prices have stayed pretty much stayed where they are at now. A person is going to pay good prices for a clean,low mileage 93-95 Z. And if it is a 1993 40th Anniversary Ruby, those seem to be the one collectors want. Those and any low mileage 93-95, with low production colors. Hell, any low mileage ZR-1, no matter the year, will start in the 30k range. If I was made of money, I would have no problem paying over 30k for a ZR-1. Especially if it was a registry members car.

I did my fair share of looking at ZR-1's, and being on a budget, after some looking/ test driving / more looking,and tons of patience, I finally found my Z. I paid 20K for it, with 40,000 miles. It has it's share of issues. Needed new tires, the radio won't work but comes on. And the driver seat has a small hole in the side bolster. Purely cosmetic things, which I'm not making her into a trailer queen. So things that can be fixed over time. The major stuff, like injectors, coils, etc, had all been replaced. For 20k I got a very fast, extremely quiet ( which I love ), smooth as silk ZR-1. You get what you pay for or can afford, as with any cars. But having this site as a guide, knowing what other members tell you to look for, is the best piece of advice I can give anyone.
rush91 is offline   Reply With Quote